Sponsored

Fox 2.0 shocks review - stock height, can you even flex bro?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
These may have to be put on the list...

Thanks for the review!
Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Guess I’ll be contacting fox as well.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I had collars installed on mine on the top shock mount but I think they are slightly more narrow than spec
Please post when they come in; as perhaps this is something I'm missing..... Wish the instructions had a parts list....

Sponsored

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I got the crush sleeves/step washers from fox. I stumbled on this thread on another forum and think it’s very helpful. Basically we need new crush sleeves and the torque should be 60-65 for lbs for both top and bottom shock bolts
https://[Banned Site]/showthread.php?2315-Torque-settings-for-Fox-shocks-in-the-Dynatrac-2-quot-Lift&highlight=plush coils

Edit I forgot I can’t link the other site but if you use the above url info you will find it. Basically the Dynatrac lift fox shocks had the same lack of correct step washer crush sleeve so Dynatrac and fox worked together to get revised ones. They also worked with fox engineering and the fox shocks torque only require 60-65 for lb too and bottom bolts...NOT he factory 81/74.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I got the crush sleeves/step washers from fox. I stumbled on this thread on another forum and think it’s very helpful. Basically we need new crush sleeves and the torque should be 60-65 for lbs for both top and bottom shock bolts
https://[Banned Site]/showthread.php?2315-Torque-settings-for-Fox-shocks-in-the-Dynatrac-2-quot-Lift&highlight=plush coils

Edit I forgot I can’t link the other site but if you use the above url info you will find it. Basically the Dynatrac lift fox shocks had the same lack of correct step washer crush sleeve so Dynatrac and fox worked together to get revised ones. They also worked with fox engineering and the fox shocks torque only require 60-65 for lb too and bottom bolts...NOT he factory 81/74.
I think that is for the old; original crush sleeve tubes; that are very very thin tubs pushed into the rubber lower bushings. I've seen pictures of this on the fox site.

My shocks don't have that tube but instead have the step washers pushed into the rubber lower tube.

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is for the old; original crush sleeve tubes; that are very very thin tubs pushed into the rubber lower bushings. I've seen pictures of this on the fox site.

My shocks don't have that tube but instead have the step washers pushed into the rubber lower tube.
Unfortunately my shocks which were manufactured 12/2018 did not have the updated step washers. Same with a few other folks from page 1.

2FE25B77-DC3E-47C9-BB3F-510C3ECD9F4E.jpeg

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I do not think those are the same shocks as discussed in the posted thread regarding the Dynatrac Fox shocks. Maybe they did not transfer the change to those shocks.

If you have not read the whole thread (from the banned site) yet, get popcorn and aspirin - it is a great read...

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not think those are the same shocks as discussed in the posted thread regarding the Dynatrac Fox shocks. Maybe they did not transfer the change to those shocks.

If you have not read the whole thread (from the banned site) yet, get popcorn and aspirin - it is a great read...
Yeah they are definitely not the ones for the Dynatrac lift are 177 178 which are the 2-3”. Im just saying that the 0-1.5” oem replacement fox shocks had the same problem as the original Dynatrac lift shocks and that thread has interesting info.

Agreed it was painful to read the entire thing LOL
Sponsored