2018 JLUR Mojito

Btav_2

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon ocean metallic blue
I've been doing it for a month on 37x13.5r17s. No lift and no rubbing on-road.

Off road, you will definitely rub - but on road it has been fine for me. Mix of city/suburban/highway driving and truly no issues to report.
do you have a problem running 37s mud terrain tires with no lift and stock rims when they turn their wheel, will it rub? or do I put spacers in for safety?

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
do you have a problem running 37s mud terrain tires with no lift and stock rims when they turn their wheel, will it rub? or do I put spacers in for safety?
My 12.5s just barely rubbed at max turn (but only in one direction). I think 13.5s would probably be fine most of the time but could benefit from spacers on stock wheels.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
so is anyone else thinking of making this a long term solution? it looks like these will rub offroad...

i've removed the inner fenders front and rear. need to flex it out and see how much trimming is needed in the rear. the front looks like it might ride as is.

anyone tried to wheel on 37s and stock height??

D6AE18AD-FEBD-4AEC-B7F8-DBB7510BA3EE.jpeg

36FE59AE-DF36-4D04-81D3-4D52ABC00584.jpeg

F46B8C97-D8C5-44A8-9777-754C74B7F155.jpeg

Last edited:

drewhenderson13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
so is anyone else thinking of making this a long term solution? obviously these will rub offroad...

i've removed the inner fenders front and rear. need to flex it out and see how much trimming is needed in the rear. the front looks like it might ride as is.

anyone tried to wheel on 37s and stock height??
I have a 2 door JL Rubicon with trimmed fenders l, the Artec support brackets, and inner Artec inner fenders. According to the guys at Artec 37’s don’t rub off road with stock suspension and trimmed fenders. They ended up putting a lift on their JLUR anyway but took it off road with the stock suspension before they did. I plan to put 37’s on mine after I wear out the stock tires.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2 door JL Rubicon with trimmed fenders l, the Artec support brackets, and inner Artec inner fenders. According to the guys at Artec 37’s don’t rub off road with stock suspension and trimmed fenders. They ended up putting a lift on their JLUR anyway but took it off road with the stock suspension before they did. I plan to put 37’s on mine after I wear out the stock tires.
i'm stretching it out as much as i can, and i cant see where it will rub. i'm trying like hell to get offroad soon.

i'm going to take this as far as i can.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Drew could you share some pics of your current fender setup? thanks

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Drew could you share some pics of your current fender setup? thanks
same here, what do you mean by "trimmed fenders" ?

any actual body mods? after some flexing, it looks like these will not touch the body, but im not running stock wheels.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For those who have 37s and no lift, are you finding keeping the stock offset is better or would adding spacers be better for day to day use? I have spacers ready to install. Eventually will do dynatracs lift

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have 37s and no lift, are you finding keeping the stock offset is better or would adding spacers be better for day to day use? I have spacers ready to install. Eventually will do dynatracs lift
cant comment on stock wheels. i went aftermarket right off the bat, so i could have the stock wheel and tire set up for optional use.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: aai

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
THREAD RESURRECTION COMMENCED!

So, I'm reviving this thread. I am going to be installing my lift this weekend. But in the meantime they fit:

c_oc=AQmQ5yCREuNeq9nDpYBZBuejza2vlKbf7qPbnMAF0FSfn4GkOYCN5ni1WTRPHAh8DBc&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50R17 on Method MR312 - Drove around town, lock to lock no rubbing. Likely would rub like crazy if I flexed more than a speed bump or my driveway. But you could, in theory, mall crawl to your heart's contentment.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
To the gentleman lifting his Jeep with 37s good for you. On the thought of running 37’s without a lift why? Not to be a Debbie downer (but of course I am) throwing 37’s on a stock ruby or any other Jeep is like Neutering a prized stallion. What’s the point? You’ve now killed all off road capability. I run 37s but with a 2.5” lift and still had to trim the rear fender wells to clear. Jeepers gotta Jeep but 37s on stock set up is ill advised.:facepalm:

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
To the gentleman lifting his Jeep with 37s good for you. On the thought of running 37’s without a lift why? Not to be a Debbie downer (but of course I am) throwing 37’s on a stock ruby or any other Jeep is like Neutering a prized stallion. What’s the point? You’ve now killed all off road capability. I run 37s but with a 2.5” lift and still had to trim the rear fender wells to clear. Jeepers gotta Jeep but 37s on stock set up is ill advised.:facepalm:
Couldn't disagree more. I think guys like lunchbox are trying to cut off as much plastic crap and pinch seam as they need to in order to get full articulation out of their stock suspension. The rubi comes stock with some pretty respectable wheel travel numbers, and if you can get all of that travel but with 37s, then you have one potent rig. For me, increasing your ride height should be a last case solution to a problem that can't be solved any other way... not something you do just so you can cram 2-3" of extra bump stop in order for your tires to clear stuff that can easily be cut or removed. There are so many negative implications with a lift (wheel base changes, caster/pinion angle changes, axles off-centered, driveshaft angles, center of gravity/roll center, control arm bind with long shocks, high steer/raised track bars limiting up-travel, etc etc etc) that there's no way I would mess with it unless I needed extra ride height for a very specific purpose. If you're just trying to fit tires, well that's what angle grinders and sawzalls are for. Ground clearance is overrated too. Approach and departure angles are better addressed by low profile bumpers and bigger tires. A 4 door is going to have a shit breakover angle no matter what you do, a 3 inch lift only gives you an extra 5 degrees or so. And at least in the rocks, a lower car with larger tires might actually scrape less than a higher car with smaller tires. 37s tend to fill out the gaps and valleys between rocks better than 35s, to the extent that the car with 37s won't dip down as much, keeping the frame rails off of stuff.
Sponsored