Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
Has anyone noticed that the stock engine/exhaust note of the JL sounds much different then the JK? Not in any bad or intrusive way, but certainly different.
it's due to the different crossover pipe
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I am not looking for performance gains, but the big muffler delete and exhaust clearance.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've never had an aftermarket exhaust.
I like how they sound, but how much louder does it get inside the Jeep as opposed to being behind or around? I get that it depends on soft, hard, no top.
I'd like to know this as well! I'll have the premium soft top. I won't mind extra loudness with top off for obvious reasons but don't want a lot of extra noise in extended road trips with top up. I've never had an aftermarket exaust. Anyone know % of higher decibel these would be?

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I played musical chairs with the exhaust on my JK because most of them sounded terrible. 2 MBRP systems and then an AFE system. I can say without a doubt the only exhaust I will consider is the AFE system. MBRP really tried, they sent me new clamps when it leaked, sent me a free resonator when it sounded like a Civic and never was able to get a decent sound out of it. I didn't want it loud and I sure didn't want it to sound like a coffee can full of bumble bees. I had the MBRP system welded up thinking it was leaking, didn't help. I finally called Northridge and they assured me the AFE was a good unit. I installed that and it was perfect. Only slight increase in noise and it fit the first time. If I remember correctly it was stainless too.

Sponsored

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge has 15% off today if you signed up for their newsletter. PRES18

MuddyBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Saw they just posted this clip on IG. Sounds really good IMO I'll be preordering one next week. I also like that they're offering a delete pipe again for the silly exhaust loop.

I'd like to know this as well! I'll have the premium soft top. I won't mind extra loudness with top off for obvious reasons but don't want a lot of extra noise in extended road trips with top up. I've never had an aftermarket exaust. Anyone know % of higher decibel these would be?
On my old JK, their axle back was the perfect volume-just loud enough to tell that it wasn't stock, but totally comfortable to daily drive. In my experience, the offroad system that cuts off before the rear axle is the only Magnaflow that's loud.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Last edited:

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
sound vid now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
sound vid now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I grabbed the boss' JLUR with the Magnaflow Rock Crawler exhaust and took it for a quick spin around the block, recorded with an iPhone and a Shure MV88 mic:

Here's a clip from snow run this past Saturday: