GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
2.0 here.

I’m light on the foot feed, mostly. Gotta hit the turbo and light up the tires from a stop sign now and then though, just for fun.

My long-term average is 22.3mpg. Nearly 3000 miles.

I routinely hit 30mpg+ going 45-50 on relatively flat county roads, which is where I do most of my driving in rural Texas.

I get 25-26 cruising at 60. I seldom go faster. I’m generally in no hurry to get to the next place, and I diligently try to appreciate where I am. I see a lot more of the adjacent terrain and wildlife at 60 than 70.

Saw a coyote this morning that I would likely have missed if I was going faster.

I understand that others need to go faster, but I don’t.
I know what you mean! This Grey Fox got to enjoy watching this Red Fox:like:

5268.jpeg
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I know what you mean! This Grey Fox got to enjoy watching this Red Fox:like:

5268.jpeg

Wow! Great photo! They are amazing little critters. Curious, almost friendly sometimes.

I like foxes, both red and grey.

I shot one once, 20 years ago, and still feel sad when I recall it. Just a bad decision.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I was getting on average 16.9 miles per gallon with 315s. Since the change to 37s, I get about 15.5 on average. Stock 4.10 gears w/auto 8.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hopeful that

"Special glass" in a jeep sounds strange at first but makes sense.
Technology is all around us.
Yep, there are two different windshields for the JL... one for a JL with the Alpine system and one for the JL without. It's something about extra lamination.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
YUP, I don't usually care about mileage either-but I just drove from Nv to Ca (234miles)and my AVG, with the 3.6/auto, was 24mpg-(computer)-

Flawless performance, except for a TRUCK ROCK in the windshield--

Have any of you guys had good luck using the GORILLA GLASS for replacement ??

Thanx

JIMBO
Wondering the same thing. Had safelte try and fix it and it looks about the same. Insurance wont pay for gorilla glass but I can pay the difference per GEICO. Need more info.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering the same thing. Had safelte try and fix it and it looks about the same. Insurance wont pay for gorilla glass but I can pay the difference per GEICO. Need more info.
I wouldn't touch Safelite with a 10 foot pole. What do you mean they tried to fix it? BTW, it's easy to tell if they replaced it with factory glass, the little Jeep will be on the left and the Mopar wording on the right.

EDIT: I'm not awake yet, I guess Safelite tried to fix the crack. SMH Doh!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I wouldn't touch Safelite with a 10 foot pole. What do you mean they tried to fix it? BTW, it's easy to tell if they replaced it with factory glass, the little Jeep will be on the left and the Mopar wording on the right.

EDIT: I'm not awake yet, I guess Safelite tried to fix the crack. SMH Doh!
Yeah they tried. The wifes car looks pretty good. Mine not so good. I dont want factory glass again. apparently it breaks/cracks too easy. I dont want to keep messing with it.

What's wrong with safelite?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Yeah they tried. The wifes car looks pretty good. Mine not so good. I dont want factory glass again. apparently it breaks/cracks too easy. I dont want to keep messing with it.

I'm assuming just personal opinion and/or experience. Just like I won't touch a FckdOverRebuiltDodge with a 29 and a half foot pole:like:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I've seen their quality not good on my father-in-law's repair... it whistled because it wasn't sealed properly.
They charge the insurance company about 3x what they would charge you if you paid out of pocket. I don't want to give the insurance company any reason to look at my rates.
I've got a local mom and pop who do excellent work at very fair prices.
Just my opinion though :)

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On a 400 mile trip on our v6 JLUR (started with 950 miles on it) we got 17mpg. Adaptive CC set at 75mpg and a 10-20mph head headwind into storms. Hoping for better mpg on the return trip tomorrow. I have been getting 19mpg commuting in Atlanta prior to this.
Over all on the trip I got back up to 18.8 when done. 400 miles yesterday with the top down.

Does anyone know how having the top off/down vs up impacts mileage?

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Everyone seems to be getting consistent results here, which is a good thing.

I'm in a '19 JLR, manual, on 35" Patagonias and I get about 20MPG combined. The lowest I've ever seen was 17-ish, but I am usually around 20-21. I mostly drive on the highway to and from work so that helps, plus I use the manual transmission to my advantage and try to keep the RPMs in check. Every little bit helps because any gas saved is free money. I like free money. :like:

Oh, I DID go to the dealership to have them update the ECU with the larger tire size.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how having the top off/down vs up impacts mileage?
Top down doors off not as good as top up doors on and running AC. This seams to be completely backwards to me, but it is what I am getting. Anyone else see this?

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I have 400 miles on my JLUR at 12 miles on the clock I changed my air filter to a K&N at 30 miles on the clock I switched my tires to BFG km3's 285-70 -17 same size as the ko2's from the factory except the km3's weigh 12 psi more per tire 48 psi all together I'm averaging 17.9 all in the city I expect to get better the more miles I drive it !

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Top down doors off not as good as top up doors on and running AC. This seams to be completely backwards to me, but it is what I am getting. Anyone else see this?
I was running about 15 on 37s with top/doors on. Top/doors off in Texas wind and I’m lucky to get 12.

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
It does not. Take a look at the instant fuel economy screen on the dash. It totally dashes out displays nothing, as opposed to idling with engine running where you see 0
I live in Canada so I use a Metric setting when the car is in idling my current shows 99, when i change it to US settings it shows 0. I am still haven't been able to find an answer to it
Sponsored