foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
In all my jeeps on always had a soft-top and i live in Cleveland. The plan was to go hardtop this time but seeing how easy it is to take down the top now is making me question it. I know a hardtop is better for the winter keep it a bit warmer and quieter over all but just a paint to take off
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Freedom hard top is basically exactly the same but Jeep has said it is 20% lighter.

The back windows do not come out

The freedom panels are still only over the front row
Do the back windows even vent at all? Is there any way to vent out the back?

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Removing the hard top can be a pain by yourself. Too big and bulky, and you have to have somewhere to store it.
Glass windows in a soft top would require somewhere to keep them and those too would be a real hassle to use as you can't simply throw them in the back of your jeep.

The soft top windows are pretty thick in the JK. As for defrosting - when you head up your Jeep, whatever little frost is on the windows would melt off. They don't frost up like glass anyway. If you get the premium top, the soft top is thicker and pretty well insulated. I use mine all summer in the heat and there are plenty of times I drive with the AC on during the hottest days of the year.

I'm lucky as I can remove the hardtop from my Unlimited Jeep myself. I also built one of those carts to store it. You can find plans for the carts online. Parts to build it were pretty cheap. Works well.

Jeepfix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Any one see the vid on water testing of the power soft top, water running from the gutter in the front onto the inside when the door is open.
Not sure this would happen on the freedom top. T don't think so but not sure. Any thoughts.

Sponsored

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)
Someone posted a series of modification steps in raking apart the rear sectionof the hardtop, and converting it into three smaller units with real glass rear quarter windows
Looked great but I lost the thread. Can anyone point to that?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads