Sponsored

MOAB...I just don’t understand Why the thread was closed.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Why the cat? Should be a bad ass bulldog up there...
Dog’s are too nice to drive tanks, they are man’s best friend. Cats are azzholes.
Besides, Grumpy Cat and I share the same personality.

F47A6113-2A30-4BF5-851C-E0E037A459D5.jpeg
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have the purpose of the MOAB figured out. When the JL was designed the Rubicon's fenders were jacked up to accommodate the bigger tires. Some of us were not fans of those changes and preferred the look of the JKR/JKUR. The MOAB replicates this look, that a few of us still wanted. Its not a high volume trim like the Sahara and the Rubicon but it does still fit a purpose. Now if I ever do change out my tires I'll be MOABing on a budget, lol.

5fb224408822b8c7460675ad988cae27.jpg

$_57.png

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have the purpose of the MOAB figured out. When the JL was designed the Rubicon's fenders were jacked up to accommodate the bigger tires. Some of us were not fans of those changes and preferred the look of the JKR/JKUR. The MOAB replicates this look, that a few of us still wanted. Its not a high volume trim like the Sahara and the Rubicon but it does still fit a purpose. Now if I ever do change out my tires I'll be MOABing on a budget, lol.

5fb224408822b8c7460675ad988cae27.jpg

$_57.png
Now come on, you are being WAYYYY too reasonable for this thread! Bash MOABs till the end!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now come on, you are being WAYYYY too reasonable for this thread! Bash MOABs till the end!!
lol well I have a Rubicon suspension installed now, and I'm researching Mud Terrain tires... I'm inching closer to the MOAB side, lol!

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
lol well I have a Rubicon suspension installed now, and I'm researching Mud Terrain tires... I'm inching closer to the MOAB side, lol!
Just kidding. I totally agree. I am looking for a slightly more aggressive look. Trying to research wheels and tires. Probably by next year will replace wheels with something like Rubicon or something dark. I like the dark look on the rims. Tires, I am not sure what I want to do. I would like a little wider stance, but not too wide.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

2C704B60-47F9-4990-A6F2-F687BECC3D31.jpeg
I think the saharas are geared toward soccer moms but there are those “certain females” that prefer something more masculine.... know what im sayin......

Boo from Orange is the New Black drives a Moab

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So according to @UKCATS the MOAB is only 60% as effective as a Rubicon off road... :movember:

Please tell me your hard Data....:giggle:

Honestly I haven't found the limitations of my own Sahara yet, except for the time I got forced into the ruts of my buddy that runs 37" Cooper SST Pros and I was sitting on my axles and had to back down the hill. :facepalm:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, In my research on possibly upgrading my tires I went and test drove a MOAB. I think I'd need to wheel far more often than I do to go with something that aggressive. The Falken Wildpeak MTs had a smoother ride so that would make the decision between the two Jeeps pretty difficult.

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
So, In my research on possibly upgrading my tires I went and test drove a MOAB. I think I'd need to wheel far more often than I do to go with something that aggressive. The Falken Wildpeak MTs had a smoother ride so that would make the decision between the two Jeeps pretty difficult.

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG
What a downright beautiful Jeep! ;)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG
That would be a upgrade in color too. Sharp looking Jeep. Well, for a Moab I it looks ok.

Reactions: eck

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What a downright beautiful Jeep! ;)
That would be a upgrade in color too. Sharp looking Jeep. Well, for a Moab I it looks ok.
They almost didn't let me drive it. Someone was putting a deposit down on it as I got there. Overall, I think I'd like the HellaYella with a black top but I really wouldn't throw that one out of my driveway. I'd feel guilty not taking that into the Mud every day though and put those KM2s to better use than daily driving to work. lol

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG
Sweet looking jeep, even for a MOAB.....

ArchAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I saw another Moab today on the highway. It was all red with the all black wheels. I was thinking it looked pretty good from the back. But then it drifted a bit off the pavement and got stuck right away. I just feel so sorry for these guys with no lockers.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
I saw another Moab today on the highway. It was all red with the all black wheels. I was thinking it looked pretty good from the back. But then it drifted a bit off the pavement and got stuck right away. I just feel so sorry for these guys with no lockers.
D*mn, I want my money back.... :)
Must not have had the selec-trac auto enabled... those gravel shoulders can be a b*tch.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
They had the Moab on the jk too... let’s be honest it’s a Sahara for someone that wants to look like they off-road... that being said I am finding that the dealers are 2-3% more aggressive on them.. so that might be worth giving up lockers, slightly stronger front axle .. and spending the money towards a teraflex lift, method wheels, and quick disconnect to get me with in 95% of rubicon capability with a custom look, more ground clearance, and no red dash or stitching
Sponsored