OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
It’s easily found on aliexpress around $130. It’s been in my cart for a while but I didn’t see anyone post a review. Thanks for letting us know!
Are you sure that this is the one that you can use your Jeep key with?
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that this is the one that you can use your Jeep key with?
The intelligent one is the one that uses the key fob. There’s several sellers floating around. If you have the time, you can try hunting down the manufacturer on alibaba instead. Might be able to shave the price a bit.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
So far so good. No issues at all. It has been two weeks since installation. It's a smart lock. You insert your key and it will automatically fits into it
Wow... interesting. I have not heard of a feature like that. So it’s a one time “fit” thing? Once your key is in it??? Otherwise other people could just stick their key in and open it :)

Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Wow... interesting. I have not heard of a feature like that. So it’s a one time “fit” thing? Once your key is in it??? Otherwise other people could just stick their key in and open it :)
It's pretty cool. The previous JK/JKU Wrangler had that feature. I had the Bolt Hood Lock on my '14 and '15 JK's. Not sure if the TJ had it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Some BS coming from Jeep/Mopar here... my UK version, manufactured Sept 18, came from the factory with the hood lock.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Rudolph (John), thanks for your insight on the Hood Lock on your UK Wrangler coming standard from the factory. I had thought/recalled from our forum that European Wranglers were supplied with the Hood Lock. (Sorry, with Brexit and all, maybe I should rephrase that as "UK/European" Wranglers.) :)

However, something may have changed: I posted above a link to the similar thread in Exterior Mods, in which I posted that today I had visited both the German and UK Jeep websites, and none of them show a hood lock in their Wrangler photos. So NOW we have to speculate if the European websites are using stock USA photographs (sans Hood Lock) but the Wranglers are supplied with said Hood Lock, or if the Hood Locks were available/standard at one time on the UK/Euro models and now are not--due to supply or other reasons.

Readers, Rudolph's Wrangler was built 9 months ago; maybe things have in fact changed. Any UK/European/non-North American owners out there--with build dates in the recent past (say, May/June, 2019)--who can confirm whether their Wrangler came with a Hood Lock?

Thanks!

MH

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also has anyone ever tried to open up either the:
1 - OMotors or similar grille lock
2 - Rampage or similar locking latches

and tried to just dump the tumblers so just about anything can turn the lock?

I've always figured the mere appearance of a lock will deter most thieves, who's gonna try to turn a lock without the appropriate key?

But this way if you're on the trail and the key is MIA you're not SOL

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
But this way if you're on the trail and the key is MIA you're not SOL
Bet Aliexpress sells the Chinese "trail lock-picking kit" works on all Wrnangler MOPAI products :)

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I looked at the rest of their products. They have quite a selection and some stuff I'd like to get. However I saw some items that would normally show 'Jeep' but looked more like 'Jqqp'. Maybe this is how they get away with copyright infringement. Jqqp Wrnangler made by Mopai lol

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, one time fit and no other key will go through

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Man the Chingrish in the text of the pics doesn't inspire confidence. I understand it doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the product, but it never gives me warm fuzzies

How reliable are these "smart" locks? Kinda makes me nervous
It's up to you if you don't trust it ,you can wait for Mopar. I posted my reply just to show an option.
Sponsored