landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The article is complete nonsense, there are niche vehicles and the Jeep JL is one of them, it will never be all things to all people.
I love the comments about the Subaru STI, another niche vehicle, I had one loved it , There is no way I would have chosen any of their suggested substitutes over my STI, yes the interior does feel cheap, it is not a cruising sports car, it is when modded a rally car
quote Forbes "The WRX is Subaru’s rally car-like version of the Impreza, and if you’re of a certain disposition it can be a fun ride. However, it’s the least amenable Subaru in the showroom, with a skittish demeanor that makes it feel underdeveloped when held up against more sophisticated performance-minded models. Consider a Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86, or a Honda Civic Si or Type R instead." a Civic Si really, crazy

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
from the article

3. Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited

Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance, and reliability from J.D. Power.

If only wandering steering wasn't an issue, I totally disagree with the article.

$$

Honestly, what are they comparing it directly to? It's hard to be objective when you're driving a high-end luxury car one moment, then a well-fitted jeep the next. No knock on the jeep I love the interior of mine, and in particular the jeep in general. But it's not really a vehicle meant to be compared to anything else, as I don't believe it has any true competitors to date that I can think of.

We all know how it drives, but yet we still love it! I don't know about you, but I bought mine to explore off-road, and to go places a normal vehicle cannot. And it does, with ease. Case in point, here's some lonely, abandoned and perhaps stolen POS stuck on on the side of a mountain pass, and it is not going anywhere, anytime soon! Wonder how well it rated on Forbes list?

20190609_145439.jpg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Right but again, realistically, how many people actually take their cars offroad like that? Especially people who read Forbes regularly?

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Now that I read this, I KNEW I should have bought the *off-road capable* 4x4 Rav4. My friends would LOVE for me to taken them off-roading in the Ravy.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I read this, I KNEW I should have bought the *off-road capable* 4x4 Rav4. My friends would LOVE for me to taken them off-roading in the Ravy.
Yeah... You can get a fully loaded Renegade Trailhawk for the starting price of that Rav4 Adventure. And have an actual low range transfer case while you're at it.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Yeah... You can get a fully loaded Renegade Trailhawk for the starting price of that Rav4 Adventure. And have an actual low range transfer case while you're at it.
Anyone wanna go off roading with me? I am allowed to get a little mud on the side...but not too much! P.S. This is the most terrain I am allowed to go on (a few pebbles and some stray quarter size rocks)

upload_2019-6-21_10-6-35.png

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone wanna go off roading with me? I am allowed to get a little mud on the side...but not too much! P.S. This is the most terrain I am allowed to go on (a few pebbles and some stray quarter size rocks)

upload_2019-6-21_10-6-35.png
lol!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Does anyone really care what Forbes says about Jeeps? I'm surprised they lowered themselves to even get in one, let alone test one! They think "Lockers" are something at a gymnasium to put your street cloths in!

Jeep is Jeep...period end of story. You want a different vehicle - buy one. Jeep is the most recognizable vehicle in the world, why do you think that is?

Screw Forbes, the elite media and the other self proclaimed "Liberal Elitists". Let them stay stuck and wonder what why so many jeeps went by.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I read forbes for insight into financials not car reviews. However for the city dwellers that might consider a jeep that would never see off road or likely ever take the doors off, etc..... comparing it to other cars is silly to us but maybe not to those types.

My jeep wind noises gets slightly annoying above 65mph, only slightly

My jeep steers just fine even with a 4 inch lift and big tires. I dont think it was diminished in the least --pretty impressive

Handling or fun index on the road is stellar. I dont know what they are comparing it too and I'm sure its better but at what price and what didnt one get as a result.

Quality? Yeah it's american made, your going to have annoying stuff. I had a short in my wiring harness, nice. Also my center dash info screen has a bug/gnat in it and dust to boot. Still under warranty and not covered per jeep. Why? Kind of pissed but the family is having a competition on what to name the bug. lol

Comfort? I thought a long ride in my jeep would not be the best.. The seats are kind of hard. Spent 4 eight hour days in it and not ever a problem and both of us never had the feeling of "I need to get out of this rig" the whole time. Spent another 6 hours of FS type road to gnarly jeep trail with a few hero sections thrown in. The firm seats idea was pretty evident. They hold you in tight AND are still comfortable. Pretty impressive.

I'm not kidding myself. I wish they did do a better job but what the did do is pretty darn impressive....so far. lol

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
quote Forbes "The WRX is Subaru’s rally car-like version of the Impreza, and if you’re of a certain disposition it can be a fun ride. However, it’s the least amenable Subaru in the showroom, with a skittish demeanor that makes it feel underdeveloped when held up against more sophisticated performance-minded models. Consider a Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86, or a Honda Civic Si or Type R instead." a Civic Si really, crazy
Actually- they are kinda right there. I owned 2 wrxs, an sti and a civic si. Honestly- the civic was a large step up in comfort and inside trim. Clearly lagging when it was compared in performance, but a really nice ride.

I’ve owned about 70% of the cars on the list and I can say the Jeep is the only one that have kept more than a couple years. Not to say it is the best of everything, but it’s the best for me. And when you really think about it, that’s all you’re buying. They’d only make one car if that car was the best at everything.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm... Article told me my Jeep sucks. Good thing there’s many other options.

2ABFF702-580C-41BB-81EE-3D7B6704F458.jpeg
Is it my imagination or do they all looks the same??? Hmmmmmm
Sponsored