Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Hmmm, my film guy said he’s tried applying to the highly curved lights and it didn’t work out. Does your film have some cuts to compensate for the curvature? If so, could you post a picture?
it was done for free when i got my ppf so its not perfect around the edges so cant complain, i don't know how much these headlights cost but i doubt they cost more than the film, i also have it on my windshield, i drove from kuwait to oman and back about 4000miles in 10 days, we also got the most rain we ever had this past winter and the roads were a joke, i heard alot of rocks hit and i mean alot, it it works there are tiny scuffs where they hit, it also does get scratched and bugs if not cleaned off immediately they do kinda damage the plastic film, but again i see people here complain about the cost of the windshields and replacing them just so the next one gets cracked in less than 1000miles, the windshield film costs about 100$ i rather change that every year or two than a windshield.

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve got a Jeep Wave program question that some of you surely know the answer to. The program info that I’ve found says that it provides up to 4 oil changes and tire rotations over the first 24 months. Does that also include additional service items that are recommended at certain intervals, such as the cabin air filter and adjusting the parking brake at 20K miles, replacing engine air filter at 30K miles, etc.?

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I’ve got a Jeep Wave program question that some of you surely know the answer to. The program info that I’ve found says that it provides up to 4 oil changes and tire rotations over the first 24 months. Does that also include additional service items that are recommended at certain intervals, such as the cabin air filter and adjusting the parking brake at 20K miles, replacing engine air filter at 30K miles, etc.?
I took mine in about a month ago and it covered the cabin air filter. Don’t know about parking brake or engine air filter, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I took mine in about a month ago and it covered the cabin air filter. Don’t know about parking brake or engine air filter, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
You sure that wasn’t a perk of your specific dealership? Nothing about the Jeep Wave program says it covers anything other than 2 oil changes and 2 tire rotations per year for 2 years.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
it was done for free when i got my ppf so its not perfect around the edges so cant complain, i don't know how much these headlights cost but i doubt they cost more than the film, i also have it on my windshield, i drove from kuwait to oman and back about 4000miles in 10 days, we also got the most rain we ever had this past winter and the roads were a joke, i heard alot of rocks hit and i mean alot, it it works there are tiny scuffs where they hit, it also does get scratched and bugs if not cleaned off immediately they do kinda damage the plastic film, but again i see people here complain about the cost of the windshields and replacing them just so the next one gets cracked in less than 1000miles, the windshield film costs about 100$ i rather change that every year or two than a windshield.

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg
Thanks a lot for that. I really expected some relief cuts, but it looks like they covered with a single, uncut piece. I have some spare film, I’ll see what I can do.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
You sure that wasn’t a perk of your specific dealership? Nothing about the Jeep Wave program says it covers anything other than 2 oil changes and 2 tire rotations per year for 2 years.
I live in Miami. They never give you anything for free here. :CWL:

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Thanks a lot for that. I really expected some relief cuts, but it looks like they covered with a single, uncut piece. I have some spare film, I’ll see what I can do.
im sure if you take your time and with some cuts you will get it looking cleaner than mine.
i saw this, im waiting to find a store that can ship them to me or il just have them shipped using a 3rd party.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styling/headlight-covers-2pc-clear-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-GTO644C
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styl...wrangler-jl-unlimited-rubicon-sahara-GT0645TC
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styl...wrangler-jl-unlimited-rubicon-sahara-GT0645FC

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
im sure if you take your time and with some cuts you will get it looking cleaner than mine.
i saw this, im waiting to find a store that can ship them to me or il just have them shipped using a 3rd party.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styling/headlight-covers-2pc-clear-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-GTO644C
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styl...wrangler-jl-unlimited-rubicon-sahara-GT0645TC
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styl...wrangler-jl-unlimited-rubicon-sahara-GT0645FC
Thanks for that!!! That’s exactly what I’ve been looking/waiting for.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Would Jeep ever create a 2 door extended wheelbase JL (LL) like the old LJs?

709B78F2-251F-4454-9BAF-C0EECB3F853F.png

495384E4-B2CC-4314-9204-3BF37FDF9120.png

BD5DF2D6-A585-43EF-95E2-E79A73AAE98F.jpeg
I doubt it. The majority of those buyers would simply choose an Unlimited due to greater space and utility. See current sales trends.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Falken Wildpeaks. I ordered these by mistake and am not a huge fan as everyday tires; I bought a set of takeoff BFGs for everyday and will probably use the Falkens as wheeling tires.
What is it you don't like about the Wildpeaks? Are they a lot noisier?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So somehow this happened.

Would warranty cover it?

20190615_150558.jpg
I doubt the warranty would cover it but it does not hurt to ask. Not sure what your insurance deductible is and if it would be worth filing a claim but your insurance should cover it.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
What is it you don't like about the Wildpeaks? Are they a lot noisier?
They are a bit noisier, bit primarily they give a harsher ride than the BFGs (I chalked the Wildpeaks, so they were at the right PSI). The big lugs don’t help with ride quality.

I’m rather picky :). I also have a spare set of wheels, so I’ll just put the Wildpeaks on those and run them in the ‘wheeling months.

Also, the Wildpeaks won’t be a great snow tire for Colorado.
Sponsored