QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
New question: What are these things, and can I get rid of them?

I'm renting a JLU base Sport to live with it for a few days, to see if I want to buy a JLU (it would be my only vehicle). The rental has 1900 miles on it, and it has six or eight of these clips around the rear window glass on each side. Are they shipping items that can be removed and tossed? I wouldn't be surprised if half the highway wind noise I hear is caused by these.

upload_2019-6-16_20-0-35.png

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
New question: What are these things, and can I get rid of them?

I'm renting a JLU base Sport to live with it for a few days, to see if I want to buy a JLU (it would be my only vehicle). The rental has 1900 miles on it, and it has six or eight of these clips around the rear window glass on each side. Are they shipping items that can be removed and tossed? I wouldn't be surprised if half the highway wind noise I hear is caused by these.

upload_2019-6-16_20-0-35.png
I had a couple of these as well. They are leftover from shipping or installation and should have been removed.

Turn them 90 degrees and they will be easier to pull out.

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a couple of these as well. They are leftover from shipping or installation and should have been removed.

Turn them 90 degrees and they will be easier to pull out.
Thanks.

Turned, pulled, and tossed.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Say you've got some Roto/FuelPax gasoline container(s) filled on your rig that is higher in height that the gas cap.

Maybe this needs the kabash for safety, but does any one sell a hose with an on/off mechanism that would allow you to pour directly from the container into your gas tank like you were pumping gas at a station, without having to move the container?

I'm fine to have it gurgle out, realizing they probably can't incorporate an air intake if the opening in the container that hangs down, to make the flow smoother.

Thanks.

Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
What are the mud terrain tires that are optional on the 2019 JLUR? The Jeep site doesn't say what they are, just BSW Mud Terrains.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Say you've got some Roto/FuelPax gasoline container(s) filled on your rig that is higher in height that the gas cap.

Maybe this needs the kabash for safety, but does any one sell a hose with an on/off mechanism that would allow you to pour directly from the container into your gas tank like you were pumping gas at a station, without having to move the container?

I'm fine to have it gurgle out, realizing they probably can't incorporate an air intake if the opening in the container that hangs down, to make the flow smoother.

Thanks.
Like something like this?

5A631528-3591-42A1-BF2E-64D5841A24A6.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010GNM6FC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gPJcDb1KK56NV

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Thanks but no. Let me try this again.

I have this attached over my JLU's driver's side hard top side window:

rotopaxjug.jpg

I could oriented it so the cap faces towards the ground nearest the back of the jeep.

Figure a liquid tight spout that has this coming out of it.

siphonhose.jpg

So when I want to fill the JL's gas tank I just undo the device which blocks the flow.

I may need to make this myself.

Thanks.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
What are the mud terrain tires that are optional on the 2019 JLUR? The Jeep site doesn't say what they are, just BSW Mud Terrains.
Falken Wildpeaks. I ordered these by mistake and am not a huge fan as everyday tires; I bought a set of takeoff BFGs for everyday and will probably use the Falkens as wheeling tires.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Sponsored

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
I doubt it, but I’d really like to find a protective solution. Apparently the light is too curved for XPEL or other film to work.
i have protection film on mine, the only thing that's not protected by film is the bumpers and the hardtop.

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi again. I’m renting a JLU Sport for a week in order to see whether I might want to buy one.

It has the 4-position transfer case — 2H, 4H, N, 4L. I have tried shifting the case, and haven’t been able to. I DLed the owner’s manual, which says that with the vehicle standing still (or at low speed) and with steady pressure on the stick, it should move.

Am I missing something, or has AVIS put some kind of lock on the case?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
i have protection film on mine, the only thing that's not protected by film is the bumpers and the hardtop.
Hmmm, my film guy said he’s tried applying to the highly curved lights and it didn’t work out. Does your film have some cuts to compensate for the curvature? If so, could you post a picture?

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hi again. I’m renting a JLU Sport for a week in order to see whether I might want to buy one.

It has the 4-position transfer case — 2H, 4H, N, 4L. I have tried shifting the case, and haven’t been able to. I DLed the owner’s manual, which says that with the vehicle standing still (or at low speed) and with steady pressure on the stick, it should move.

Am I missing something, or has AVIS put some kind of lock on the case?
It takes more pressure than youd think to get it to 4h. Atleast it was more than I expected. The whole jeep moves when it does engage so it's clear you're fighting a lot of resistance. And to get 4l you have to go to neutral before it let's shift to it.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I thought I was going to break something the first time I tried to switch to 4H. If it's a rental car then that transfer case probably hasn't been touched since the factory.

We rented a Nissan Armada and the 4WD switch there is a big volume-looking knob on the center console. That takes absolutely no effort to engage into 4H. They at least add a step to go into 4L.
Sponsored