Sponsored

Well, we blew up our JL

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Well welcome to be the first ..of anything...you paid the price of being a test pilot.

5.7 or 392
Sponsored

Last edited:

halffrozen

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Eh, be wary of the 6.4L Hemi. If you go that route (I honestly would over anything else though!) make sure to get either a crate TrackHawk with built-up internals or have your 6.4L Hemi built with MMX Lifter deletes and supporting mods(was quoted about $8,500 for a full kit and install for mine). My 2015 Jeep SRT is at the mileage most people blow theirs up, even 100% stock due to the MDS/Lifter problems. (some have said they blow due to poor oil distribution at idle)

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Honestly the mods detract from what you two do. In my wildest dreams you would move to rocking a stock sport just to show us how to wheel the s#@% out of it.
We plan on doing that with a gladiator. The JL is going to get a 6.5 hemi and 60s for the really hard stuff and because Iā€™ve never had anything this built. The gladiator will be simple mods and wheel that as well

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Eh, be wary of the 6.4L Hemi. If you go that route (I honestly would over anything else though!) make sure to get either a crate TrackHawk with built-up internals or have your 6.4L Hemi built with MMX Lifter deletes and supporting mods(was quoted about $8,500 for a full kit and install for mine). My 2015 Jeep SRT is at the mileage most people blow theirs up, even 100% stock due to the MDS/Lifter problems. (some have said they blow due to poor oil distribution at idle)
Lifters are a serious issue on 5.7L Hemi also. Funny because I just watched a video on that this morning. Guy showed several examples he's seen in the shop lately. When the needle bearings go out of the lifter rollers, it eats up the cam pretty fast.

NHBIKINIPEARL

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Salon Owner/Stylist
Honestly the mods detract from what you two do. In my wildest dreams you would move to rocking a stock sport just to show us how to wheel the s#@% out of it.
I agree with this 100% I loved watching the stock videos!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
We plan on doing that with a gladiator. The JL is going to get a 6.5 hemi and 60s for the really hard stuff and because Iā€™ve never had anything this built. The gladiator will be simple mods and wheel that as well
Oooohh.... Looking forward to that. :like::beer::beer::beer:

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Sorry that this happened Kevin and Brit. You seem to be having a few bumps in the road lately, hang in there. Few thoughts from me.

First, I would appreciate more bad, good, and ugly thoughts from you, as you try/use products. I canā€™t recall previous videos on your after thoughts of stuff you are using. For example, are you still happy with the six pack shocks, now that you have a few more miles on them? Just an example. Others might be, are you happy with the rear gear, wth the Dynatrac, with the Tazer, Ram assist (I recall you had one bent shaft, how have things been since), etc. basically, just some after thoughts kind of thing, or updates to what you did previously.

I never trust companies that say crap like that, ā€œwe have 50 installations that arenā€™t having any issuesā€. You canā€™t possibly know that ALL are running FLAWLESSLY. Especially when it took you loads of effort to engage with them. Iā€™m sure they are ignoring others as well. Credibility lost with the comment alone, not to mention the poor customer service, to put it back on you. That speaks volumes to me, they simply donā€™t know. In this case, they might be a better hardware company, than a software company. I deal with lots of vendors, and I ignore those that try to claim success with others, while failure with me.

I was always nervous for you, when you decided to put the turbo on, as much as you depend on your vehicle, this seemed like an opposing upgrade to reliability requirement. ;-)

I have learned so much from you, and used some stuff that you did, such as the TOTL Innovations hood (serial number 0004), keep it up, but maybe donā€™t go so crazy! ;-). I would vote for 3.6, but I know you are gonna go hemi.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Same here. For me it was a lot more fun to watch the near stock JL offroad. I am never going to mod the Jeep so much, so cannot relate to the content anymore.
We still provide new fun and challenges along with discounts to our subscribers. Weā€™re also planning on doing an every mans JT build

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sorry that this happened Kevin and Brit. You seem to be having a few bumps in the road lately, hang in there. Few thoughts from me.

First, I would appreciate more bad, good, and ugly thoughts from you, as you try/use products. I canā€™t recall previous videos on your after thoughts of stuff you are using. For example, are you still happy with the six pack shocks, now that you have a few more miles on them? Just an example. Others might be, are you happy with the rear gear, wth the Dynatrac, with the Tazer, Ram assist (I recall you had one bent shaft, how have things been since), etc. basically, just some after thoughts kind of thing, or updates to what you did previously.

I never trust companies that say crap like that, ā€œwe have 50 installations that arenā€™t having any issuesā€. You canā€™t possibly know that ALL are running FLAWLESSLY. Especially when it took you loads of effort to engage with them. Iā€™m sure they are ignoring others as well. Credibility lost with the comment alone, not to mention the poor customer service, to put it back on you. That speaks volumes to me, they simply donā€™t know. In this case, they might be a better hardware company, than a software company. I deal with lots of vendors, and I ignore those that try to claim success with others, while failure with me.

I was always nervous for you, when you decided to put the turbo on, as much as you depend on your vehicle, this seemed like an opposing upgrade to reliability requirement. ;-)

I have learned so much from you, and used some stuff that you did, such as the TOTL Innovations hood (serial number 0004), keep it up, but maybe donā€™t go so crazy! ;-). I would vote for 3.6, but I know you are gonna go hemi.
Good ideas. Weā€™re planning on doing long term reviews on all our products now they have been in for a while. So definitely look forward to that

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
video is on YouTube

Well we had a good run with the turbo.... sort of. Now what should we do? Go back to stock and reliable? Go LS3 or maybe an SRT 6.4L hemi?
LS3 dude! Think back to your Corvette days. You know you can turbo/supercharge that and it will take it. 6.4L is played.

Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
No substitute for displacement!!....:muscle: V-8 or go back stock and regear. Guess you proved the 3.6 doesn't like forced induction ;)

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
We still provide new fun and challenges along with discounts to our subscribers. Weā€™re also planning on doing an every mans JT build
I will definitely follow the JT build. Your channel is awesome, I was just saying it kind of moved away from my range of interest. I am sure plenty of viewers enjoy all the mods and crazy fun stuff you guys do.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
It was not that the 3.6 couldn't handle boost. It's getting a proper tune to handle the boost and stay stable.
Sponsored