Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Melissa,
As you may have seen from our earlier posts, we have a lot of experience with finishing in general and matte finishes for wood, carbon and colors.
Matte is a good interior option, particularly with a bright color. However, the true look is a little difficult to capture with a photo. Lighting can look a funny. Hope this helps.

Punk'n-Matte.jpg
Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Melissa,
As you may have seen from our earlier posts, we have a lot of experience with finishing in general and matte finishes for wood, carbon and colors.
Matte is a good interior option, particularly with a bright color. However, the true look is a little difficult to capture with a photo. Lighting can look a funny. Hope this helps.

Punk'n-Matte.jpg
Very helpful, thanks. Something to consider when I take delivery of the jeep. I like both versions.

ShotOnce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any love for Bikini? Love to see sample pic before purchase, assuming it's available.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Any love for Bikini? Love to see sample pic before purchase, assuming it's available.
Who doesn't love Bikini? Particularly when it's on a JL interior!
Just one of the factory colors to upgrade your interior.

JL Bikini gloss & matte.jpg

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
So are all the steering wheels you get just the white stitched wheels or can you get the red with factor heat also for fascia painting?

Sponsored

Bskylerj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
so how do you get the steering wheel bezel out?

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
So are all the steering wheels you get just the white stitched wheels or can you get the red with factor heat also for fascia painting?
Hello Brian,
If you want the steering wheel trim in a factory color, we prepare the trim and send just that part to you for installation. You can keep your original wheel. If you also want color on the top of the wheel, then we have to build that for you.
We purchase the core parts from local Jeep dealers, currently the wheel with the red stitch is only available without heat.
We do change leather and thread color for some customers, popular with Raptor customers.
Brian let me know if this answers your inquiry.
Thanks,
David

Rau - RaptorHammerHead 3-versions.jpg

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Bskylerj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Hello Brian,
If you want the steering wheel trim in a factory color, we prepare the trim and send just that part to you for installation. You can keep your original wheel. If you also want color on the top of the wheel, then we have to build that for you.
We purchase the core parts from local Jeep dealers, currently the wheel with the red stitch is only available without heat.
We do change leather and thread color for some customers, popular with Raptor customers.
Brian let me know if this answers your inquiry.
Thanks,
David

Rau - RaptorHammerHead 3-versions.jpg
Thanks. I got it all tore a part Friday afternoon and painted it along with the dash pieces. Is what I need to make my life easier is the door handles for my JLU in Mojito

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Wanted to give a shout out to @Rau Racing Wheels for excellent quality paint work/finish and excellent service! It's always nice when you find new vendors who provide good quality work and deliver on things exactly as they promise!

I'd seen a few examples of folks doing gloss color-match Ocean Blue dashes in their JL, but I had kinda envisioned what a satin-finish Ocean Blue might look like in mine since I first got it. Basically mimic the look and feel of the stock satin red dash panels, but in Ocean Blue. Ran across this post, found them very responsive via a few PM's, and decided to pull the trigger on a set. They gave a reasonable estimated ship date, shipped exactly when they'd estimated, and provided tracking number the day it shipped.

Dash pieces were packaged very well, and the satin Ocean Blue finish is flawless!

...and of course, some pics:

upload_2019-7-21_14-55-40.png

upload_2019-7-21_14-56-46.png

Installed:

upload_2019-7-21_15-0-43.png

upload_2019-7-21_15-4-55.png

I love how it turned out...exactly how I'd envisioned it! :rock:

Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to give a shout out to @Rau Racing Wheels for excellent quality paint work/finish and excellent service! It's always nice when you find new vendors who provide good quality work and deliver on things exactly as they promise!

I'd seen a few examples of folks doing gloss color-match Ocean Blue dashes in their JL, but I had kinda envisioned what a satin-finish Ocean Blue might look like in mine since I first got it. Basically mimic the look and feel of the stock satin red dash panels, but in Ocean Blue. Ran across this post, found them very responsive via a few PM's, and decided to pull the trigger on a set. They gave a reasonable estimated ship date, shipped exactly when they'd estimated, and provided tracking number the day it shipped.

Dash pieces were packaged very well, and the satin Ocean Blue finish is flawless!

Installed:

Looks great!

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Installed:

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Dave,
Thanks for your installed images and positive comments regarding your Rau experience.
A matte interior lowers the bling level, and becomes more livable.
I believe you were also considering the door latches in OB matte. The wear on the latches is no greater than a matte steering wheel, and we have made 100s or even 1000, with matte finish.
Another consideration might be the steering wheel done in a matching blue fiber, matte of course.
Why not be unique?
David

blue-fiber-matte-sample.jpg

Boston Mike

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU Rubicon
Just ordered the RAU rubcion red steering wheel set. Will post photos when installed for those interested in the products. In the interim, I just put in the American trail products bullet grab handles. I’m digging them

C0DB9AE9-9C4C-4DEE-9B51-48EBD8B89D70.jpeg
how do those grab handles match to the factory dash panels?

Gray Hare

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUK, 2019 JLUR, 2004 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Not a perfect match. A bit more plum in the color but it doesn’t trouble me. Blends well. If you are super ticky on a perfect match then you will be disappointed
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.