Link

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Just my 2 cents, but before anyone says you cant wheel hard on spacers and 35s, I would look up Litebrite on YouTube. They've done a lot of things on basic mods that most people would say you couldn't do. Now the JL Sport axles are definitely not as strong as the Rubicon axles, but until it breaks/bends there is no real need to replace the axles.

That is not a fair comparison, they have a Rubicon which also has wider axles they were not on spacers for long as they went to 38's very soon. You donot see them break because they are constantly upgrading

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 18 JL sport s. I am trying to find out if it is a good idea to put on 35s and a 2.5 spacer lift. I have been told that works perfectly and that I should not go bigger than 33s since I do not have the Rubicon. I do some rock crawling and some trails. So far I have been runing stock and the clearance is staring to be a little of an issue with what I want to do.
If you can swing it financially, imho, you should get a suspension lift. Also, as it’s been stated, if you have 3.6 and automatic, no need to regear for 35s....:)

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Nice!!

Also, “Rancho” sounds like the name of a burrito at my local Taco Shop haha
Rancho is actually owned by Tenneco Inc who also supplies OEM parts to MoparFCA for the Wrangler. some of the Mopar JK and JL shocks are designed by Tenneco.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I used superships flashcal to change tire size. My speedometer is dead on, and I haven't really noticed any performance loss.
If you have an automatic, I would imagine changing the variant coding to reflect the correct tire size would be important as it would affect shift points.

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
If you have an automatic, I would imagine changing the variant coding to reflect the correct tire size would be important as it would affect shift points.
That was the primary reason I did it.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Rancho is actually owned by Tenneco Inc who also supplies OEM parts to MoparFCA for the Wrangler. some of the Mopar JK and JL shocks are designed by Tenneco.
I know who they are haha they’ve been around for awhile, not knocking them it’s a great setup.

It’s just every time I hear the name I think of Mexican food LOL

Would be funny if their parent company Tenneco was actually spelled “Tennaco” LOL

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 18 JL sport s. I am trying to find out if it is a good idea to put on 35s and a 2.5 spacer lift. I have been told that works perfectly and that I should not go bigger than 33s since I do not have the Rubicon. I do some rock crawling and some trails. So far I have been runing stock and the clearance is staring to be a little of an issue with what I want to do.
The reason they are saying that is because of the axles. You'd be fine with that combo HOWEVER...

If you are doing rock crawling I would avoid the 35s with the Dana M200 axle. Dana/Spycer is saying that running 35s on the street and mild off roading is ok but you are running a risk if you are doing serious offroading.
Re-gearing, while a nice idea for 35s isn't completely necessary. 37s... yes.

My wife and I are in the same boat. We have a 2.5" lift and 33s and it is great both on and offroad with some pretty serious rock crawling and trail riding. That being said when we go to 35s we are putting in chromemoly rear axle shafts ($355 on Quadratech) and then eventually a locker. When the locker goes in I will think about re-gearing.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Dynatrac, Prorock 44 in the front and XD60 in the rear, both with ARB lockers running on onboard air.
I just drooled a little bit.
Sponsored