Sponsored

Forbes 37 worst cars, Jeep on the list 5 or 6 times

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
from the article

3. Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited

Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance, and reliability from J.D. Power.

If only wandering steering wasn't an issue, I totally disagree with the article.

$$
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
from the article

3. Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited

Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance, and reliability from J.D. Power.

If only wandering steering wasn't an issue, I totally disagree with the article.

$$
Not one fluck given.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
And yet it won Motor Trends SUV of the year award...

But when you've gotta have an off-roader—or want to look like you spend weekends stomping terra firma—the Jeep is impossible to beat. Tracing its lineage to the original Willys MB, the Wrangler navigates nostalgia without getting stuck in it. The Jeep Wrangler is remarkably well-rounded for its core purpose, and it's a most deserving SUV of the Year.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Not one fluck given.
Wasn't sure what a "fluck" was so I looked it up. Apparently it's bad luck followed by good luck.

Bad luck: being put on Forbe's naughty list.

Good luck: chases off all those fringe buyers who only finds faults with the awesomeness of the Wrangler.

Win-win in my book!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Wasn't sure what a "fluck" was so I looked it up. Apparently it's bad luck followed by good luck.

Bad luck: being put on Forbe's naughty list.

Good luck: chases off all those fringe buyers who only finds faults with the awesomeness of the Wrangler.

Win-win in my book!
Didn't even know it had a meaning, was just trying to censor my potty mouth...lol. Now I know, thanks.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You may love your Jeep - I do - but NOTHING in that paragraph is wrong.
"limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds." It's 100% subjective BS. Ok, maybe 80%, can't argue with the financial data and test results.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
"limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds." It's 100% subjective BS. Ok, maybe 80%, can't argue with the financial data and test results.
Easy fixes. Forget the passengers. Only drive in circles. Turn up the radio:like:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Easy fixes. Forget the passengers. Only drive in circles. Turn up the radio:like:
Heck, i just retired an '88 Poor-Runner with over 1/4 million miles, this new Jeep is like stepping up to a Bentley to me, at least as far as 4x4's go.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Not surprised, don't care...and not many people appear to care, either, since Wranglers sell in ridiculous amounts.
Sponsored