Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

martyh01

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL Sport S
6AB55TX7AB
The bezel is a separate part number. You might think that you do not need it since the screen fills up the entire space but you do. Here are the part numbers.

68295725AH -Radio-Multi Media
6AB55TX7AB - Bezel-Instrument Panel
Did you have to flash the new radio or did it just work
Sponsored

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Did you have to flash the new radio or did it just work
Since it came new I did not have to do anything yet. It works great, no security code or anything needed straight from mopar.

The reason you flash it, and I haven't yet but may is so all the configuration on the car is updated. All the modules sync and know what the jeep has. I assume it also ties the radio to your VIN so if you went to uconnect to download an update it will see the right radio. However, this radio gets OTA updates as well. So I am not sure if it will still get them or if you have to have it flashed to your VIN guess only time will tell. I am not in any hurry to take it to the dealer. Everything works and this version of the radio is the latest (April 2019 produced).

toogq4u2000

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I'm planning on upgrading from the 7 to the 8.5 late this year or early next year and will be selling my 7. Would you be interested in my 7 (if you haven't already upgraded)?
I’ll buy it!

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Is the GPS antenna req'd for the compass to work? Compass on Radio and now in the center instrument panel is void. I tried the calibration but it sill shows "waiting for signal". Would a flash at the dealer resolve this? The 5" didn't have the antenna.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I have had my 7" in for about a year without any issues or upgrades. Has anyone performed any upgrade? Does anyone have the files?

Has anyone been able to get the updated climate control module with volume for the radio working? I purchased the updated controls (and a climate module) last year but never installed as the OP and others were not able to get it working.

Sponsored

Christate1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport PMC
Occupation
Nurse / Medical Examiner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gotten an 8.4 from a RAM, Chrysler or Jeep (non wrangler) and gotten it work? I would imagine it would. Maybe not android or apple phone apps, but I would imagine all other features would work. Could you then get the flash file for a jeep with a similar trim and push that file on it?
my 2017 charger screen (part# 68274757AI) works in my jeep. now I just need to figure out which temp sensors it needs for the auto climate to work. so far here is what I have
Sunload sensor 68230114ab
auto A/C control module 68249814ae
switches vol/temp 6BE24DX9AC
still trying to get what else is needed

Last edited:

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Is the GPS antenna req'd for the compass to work? Compass on Radio and now in the center instrument panel is void. I tried the calibration but it sill shows "waiting for signal". Would a flash at the dealer resolve this? The 5" didn't have the antenna.
I have this issue as well. The super odd part about it, is that when I turn the car to ACC, the compass works just fine. It shows the correct direction the car is facing. However, when I turn the car on, it just says acquiring signal. Compass worked fine on my 5 inch screen.

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
going to install my sat antenna and wire today, would like to install the wire in as close to the factory location as possible, does anyone know what that route is?

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't had any issues with the compass. Did you have Sirius with the 5"? The GPS and Sirus antenna are the same. If you did not have Sirius then you may not have the antenna. You can always look on top of your soundbar the small one towards the passenger side is the sirus/gps.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
going to install my sat antenna and wire today, would like to install the wire in as close to the factory location as possible, does anyone know what that route is?
I ran the LTE antenna across the soundbar to the passenger side. Down the pillar trim, along the side trip and up under the glove box. It was a pain in the ass.

Sponsored

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I haven't had any issues with the compass. Did you have Sirius with the 5"? The GPS and Sirus antenna are the same. If you did not have Sirius then you may not have the antenna. You can always look on top of your soundbar the small one towards the passenger side is the sirus/gps.
No, no satellite option on mine.

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure, I would assume the compass needs GPS location and heading.
that doesn't make any sense. My jeep had a working compass before I upgraded. No satellite radio. Furthermore, as I stated in an earlier post, the compass works when the Jeep is in Acc mode. But stops working when fully on.
Sponsored