Sponsored

Are the Ocean Blue Rubis out in the wild yet?

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Has anyone taken possession of an Ocean Blue Rubicon yet? And if so, can we PLEASE see some photos?!? I'm am totally on the fence between Granite Crystal and Ocean Blue.. I've seen the Ocean Blue on a Chrysler 300, but I need to see it on a Jeep. It might be a different variant of what I saw on the 300 and I'm sure the color will look a little different due to the smaller panels on the Jeep and all the black accents like the fender flares and top. Thanks in advance for any photos of the Blue Rubicon in the wild!
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine the first couple days it came out to order. Still in D1 status. I doubt you will see one in the wild for a couple weeks at least.

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
For what it's worth, Our ETA at the dealer is the 21st. Ours was the second OB built, the first to ship and was told it will be the first one on the road. We'll see if that's holds up.

This is from a guy a few steps up the FCA ladder at the Toledo plant where they're built, not some dealer info.

Here's our window sticker. Ours is now showing "in transit" on the dealer website.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, Our ETA at the dealer is the 21st. Ours was the second OB built, the first to ship and was told it will be the first one on the road. We'll see if that's holds up.

This is from a guy a few steps up the FCA ladder at the Toledo plant where they're built, not some dealer info.

Here's our window sticker. Ours is now showing "in transit" on the dealer website.
Nice! Please post pics when you go to pick it up.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I can’t wait to see it, I got red and love it, but I really like the looks of that blue... or at least I think I do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Has anyone taken possession of an Ocean Blue Rubicon yet? And if so, can we PLEASE see some photos?!? I'm am totally on the fence between Granite Crystal and Ocean Blue.. I've seen the Ocean Blue on a Chrysler 300, but I need to see it on a Jeep. It might be a different variant of what I saw on the 300 and I'm sure the color will look a little different due to the smaller panels on the Jeep and all the black accents like the fender flares and top. Thanks in advance for any photos of the Blue Rubicon in the wild!
Nope, been checking for any additional colors to be out in the wild. You know, the blue, mojito, elusive sing gray. I promise you will here it here first when something pops up!

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads

Nice!

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll post pics ASAP. Like everyone else, I'm extremely curious to see what it looks like in real life myself. The 300 I looked at in person reminded me of a Deep Impact Blue '14 Mustang GT that I had, except it had less purple in it. I actually like the purple hue; years ago I had a '97 Ford Ranger that was Sapphire Blue, but it looked more purple than blue.

DHTex87

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 128i
I'll post pics ASAP. Like everyone else, I'm extremely curious to see what it looks like in real life myself. The 300 I looked at in person reminded me of a Deep Impact Blue '14 Mustang GT that I had, except it had less purple in it. I actually like the purple hue; years ago I had a '97 Ford Ranger that was Sapphire Blue, but it looked more purple than blue.
Very much looking forward to your comprehensive pictures in various lighting situations, as well as complete shakedown video on YouTube to fully understand this Ocean Blue.

Kidding! (kinda)

Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very much looking forward to your comprehensive pictures in various lighting situations, as well as complete shakedown video on YouTube to fully understand this Ocean Blue.

Kidding! (kinda)
The funny thing is. . . I don't blame you for asking. We bought a Cosmo blue '12 JKUR one night back in '11 and while we looked at a few of them, it must of always been in the "perfect light" as we didn't realize how light of a shade it was until after we owned it. We grew to like it but it was weird few weeks of where we felt a little regret.

IMAG0205 (Medium) - Copy.jpg

IMAG0453 - Copy (Medium).jpg

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
The funny thing is. . . I don't blame you for asking. We bought a Cosmo blue '12 JKUR one night back in '11 and while we looked at a few of them, it must of always been in the "perfect light" as we didn't realize how light of a shade it was until after we owned it. We grew to like it but it was weird few weeks of where we felt a little regret.

IMAG0205 (Medium) - Copy.jpg

IMAG0453 - Copy (Medium).jpg
Gorgeous! :like:

I have a '12 JKU Cosmos Blue and it's my favorite color to date, especially when you accent with black like I (and you) did. I'm afraid the ocean blue will be too dark for MY liking, but we'll find out soon enough.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I ordered an Ocean Blue 2-Door JL Sport S and already have a VON. Will definitely post a ton of pics when this thing arrives!
Awesome, you typically should get a VON as soon as you order, but I am curious to see when that build does get delivered.