Sponsored

The Ford Mustang is the most similar vehicle to the Jeep Wrangler available in the U.S.

adrian2310

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl wrangler sport s
I always wanted a mustang, got me a 2016 v6 auto, then I regretted not getting a v8, traded that one for a 2017 gt premium with red leather seats and a manual transmission, loved that car but was eating my wallet, too much money on tires and the manual transmission was driving crazy in houston traffic, i was using it as daily, then traded that one for a camry that din't like and finally got a 2019 tacoma and my wife has the 2018 wrangler jl. If I ever get a chance I will get me another mustang but not as a daily driver.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
In all honesty, owning either one is the culmination of the American dream isn't it? Everyone needs a car for utilitarian needs such as work, school, groceries, etc. But living in America we get the choice of driving icons of freedom and capitalism. Do you NEED a mustang? Absolutely not. A 1989 Toyota Tercel would get the job done. But who wants to do a 2nd gear pull in a damn Tercel? No one.

Do you need a lifted JL with huge tires? Absolutely not. But there are those of us who want, nay NEED, to go down that trail, to go up that mountain, to ford that creek, to climb that rock pile. It's who we are, and we are different from the huddled masses driving their pathetic "Smartcars" to their cubicles 5 times a week and sometimes on Saturday.

My Shelby growls, literally wants to eat these sad little cars and the asphalt they rest on. I can feel it, it talks to me. "Let's go fast..let me breathe...I need to breathe." And we do. Screaming up to 5800 RPMs i can feel the ghost of Carroll sitting next to be chuckling in his slow Texas drawl. I hear P-51s tearing into a a Japanese ship over Midway, reaping revenge for our brothers. Supercharger whining like a Ma' Deuce. The dragon breathes fire and belches smoke from tires that try their best to overcome torque that should be reserved for a demi-god.

And my sweet little orange Jeep, like the ones that came before it, chug along on the trail so painfully slow....I think i can, I think i can. Chewing up boulders, mud, water, camber, sand and whatever else else the mountain throws at it. Hardly challenged and understated, while we take the credit it deserves. What could we possibly throw at a Jeep that it hasn't already conquered? The DNA is that of giants. Heroes. More than we deserve. Seven slots, two lost in WW2 representing our fallen countrymen. And in my case, the grandpa who came back forever damaged. Because fuck tyrants and mass murderers. Freedom lives on this planet because of Americans doing American things. And the Jeep and the Mustang are manifestations of this freedom. Tops down, wind in the hair, middle fingers up. I triple-dog dare you.

These are the vehicles i choose to drive, spawns of the greatest generation. Anyway, most don't get it. But I'm betting a lot on this forum do

The land of the free, and the home of the brave. And, most blessed to live in the greatest country in the world. :flag:

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I always wanted a mustang, got me a 2016 v6 auto, then I regretted not getting a v8, traded that one for a 2017 gt premium with red leather seats and a manual transmission, loved that car but was eating my wallet, too much money on tires and the manual transmission was driving crazy in houston traffic, i was using it as daily, then traded that one for a camry that din't like and finally got a 2019 tacoma and my wife has the 2018 wrangler jl. If I ever get a chance I will get me another mustang but not as a daily driver.
Adrian, I'm not gonna tell you how good the 10spd auto is in my brides '18 GT works. I could get you in a ton of trouble with your significant other if I did. ;):)

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Hmmmm. The vehicle descended from the rig that help win WWII is most similar to what Carrol Shelby called “a secretary’s car”? No comment.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm. The vehicle descended from the rig that help win WWII is most similar to what Carrol Shelby called “a secretary’s car”? No comment.
He did say that, then he fixed it and made millions doing it.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Can't take your word for it. Pictures for verification, please.
I agree! Let’s see em both! :)

That blue is gorgeous
Thank you sir. Marilyn is a 2012 Kona Blue. She is “un”stock :). But I tell you what, I find myself driving my JL Wruby a lot more lately. Jeeps are so much more practical and fun, in a different way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
multicam

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I’ve got 22 points and counting, by all means feel free to comment!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Agreed, it's the reason I got the JL, because I like to personalize my vehicles. I want to spot mine in a parking lot full of same models.

Here's my (now gone) 2006 Mustang GT.
2014-09-22.jpg

Found one with the Jeep in the background, and the newer wheels on the Mustang
2018-11-25%20(13).jpg
Wow... I can't believe you sold that 06. :( Why?!?!?!?! Love it.

I own both as well. One is my go fast vehicle and the other is the go anywhere vehicle. Both are weekend toys.

I had actually had similar thought to the topic before. Both the wrangler and mustang are world renown icons. Both are loved in countries all over the world.
Same situation for me. Both are only driven on God's perfect days. Never sees rain. I guess my JL (Wruby) is a mall crawler :(

I rented a convertible Mustang last summer in Seattle. Although it was fun driving around Mt Rainier, I was wishing I was in my Jeep soft top.
It's because you rented and drove a V6 not the Coyote V8. Tsk tsk... ;)

Hotrodnut

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Can't say enough about the aftermarket for the Mustangs. I've had 7 Mustangs and anything and everything was available for them.
One thing I will say, my prior Jeep JK's had so much more from the aftermarket. I understand the JL is "New", but the aftermarket for the Mustang had '05 parts available before it even hit the showrooms!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I agree! Let’s see em both! :)

Thank you sir. Marilyn is a 2012 Kona Blue. She is “un”stock :). But I tell you what, I find myself driving my JL Wruby a lot more lately. Jeeps are so much more practical and fun, in a different way.
I just knew that was Marilyn. I've seen that pretty baby on the Mustang forum. :rock:
Sponsored