How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I would suspect that LED lights would not get as hot as halogens, due to lower wattage/power draw. Is this not the case?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I would suspect that LED lights would not get as hot as halogens, due to lower wattage/power draw. Is this not the case?
This is true. LEDs do not heat up and can be dangerous if you live in a snowy area.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
The LED themselves don't get hot, but the boards they're attached to do! They need large heat sinks or fans to help dissipate the heat.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
This is NOT the case. Touch the lens of your Jeep LED headlights...they are definitely NOT cold.
There are enough threads covering this. Folks can read up and decide for themselves. It's not really an issue for those living down south.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
DANGEROUS sounds a bit extreme lol
Pretty sure it wouldn’t be legal in Canada and most northern states if it was the case lol
I stand by my comment. The Wrangler's lights are in a recessed cavity that can accumulate ice/snow more easily than a flush mounted design. I prefer heated LEDs like the those made by Truck-Lite.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I stand by my comment. The Wrangler's lights are in a recessed cavity that can accumulate ice/snow more easily than a flush mounted design. I prefer heated LEDs like the those made by Truck-Lite.
Oh well, I guess I’ll be one of the crazy Canadians ordering the OEM LEDs while you need heated LEDs through these NJ snow storms lol

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I saw those heated trucklites...if I end up having a problem with the OEMs I may switch to those, but they don't look as nice or as bright as the OEMs do. Sigh.

Is there anything you can spray on the headlights to keep ice from forming on it?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I saw those heated trucklites...if I end up having a problem with the OEMs I may switch to those, but they don't look as nice or as bright as the OEMs do. Sigh.

Is there anything you can spray on the headlights to keep ice from forming on it?
Agree about the OEMs...They look great. I wonder if Rain-X would help.

shaamN

First Name
Sham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Anyone else feel that the running halo, ring led lights in the head lights are a bit to dull or dim when compared to running led lights in the fenders? I feel as if a brighter ring led would give the jeep more aggression... Thoughts?

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
Oh well, I guess I’ll be one of the crazy Canadians ordering the OEM LEDs while you need heated LEDs through these NJ snow storms lol
Just pee on the headlights when you come out every morning - should be doing that to mark it as yours anyway.
Sponsored