2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Hello all,

I just purchased 2019 Jeep Unlimited Moab edition last night ! This is my first time to get myself into Jeep Wrangler.

Since I am a newbie to the car I am not sure this is normal or not. I was driving back to my place from the dealer, I have noticed that I just cannot keep this car in straight line, especially on the freeway !! I constantly adjusting steering wheel side to side to make this car go straight. Is this sound normal to you or I just picked up the wrong Jeep? :(

Thanks
Sponsored

Lickitisplit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara & 2011 Silverado
I had the same issue with my 2019 Sahara. I fixed it by adjusting my tire pressures. From the factory they were at 44psi. I dropped it to 36psi cold temp per the door sticker. Now it drives straight with no play in the steering.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Hello all,

I just purchased 2019 Jeep Unlimited Moab edition last night ! This is my first time to get myself into Jeep Wrangler.

Since I am a newbie to the car I am not sure this is normal or not. I was driving back to my place from the dealer, I have noticed that I just cannot keep this car in straight line, especially on the freeway !! I constantly adjusting steering wheel side to side to make this car go straight. Is this sound normal to you or I just picked up the wrong Jeep? :(

Thanks
Check the tire pressures my Rubi did same thing had 48 psi in it 35 on BFGoodrich’s. Not sure what Falkens psi is it’ll be on door jamb.

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
I had the same issue with my 2019 Sahara. I fixed it by adjusting my tire pressures. From the factory they were at 44psi. I dropped it to 36psi cold temp per the door sticker. Now it drives straight with no play in the steering.
I will try that since my Tire pressures were 43 from the dealer.

Thank you !!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I will try that since my Tire pressures were 43 from the dealer.

Thank you !!
Let us know if the tire pressure resolves the issue. I have one on order and will be driving 1,000 miles so if that is the resolution I will adjust the pressures before leaving the dealership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Let us know if the tire pressure resolves the issue. I have one on order and will be driving 1,000 miles so if that is the resolution I will adjust the pressures before leaving the dealership.
I will keep you posted by this weekend ! I already love this forum:)

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
OMG, this is so unreal !!! Thank you so much for this info. Typical FCA related products issues.......
I’ve purchased 2 JLURs this year, both had this problem and the salesmen were flabbergasted when they saw me fix the problem. This has been going on since day one and Jeep still doesn’t know it’s a problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
I am thinking about swap stock exhaust with aftermarket ones. What would you guys recommend with deep bass sound with no drone? I am leaning towards Borla s-type with black tips for mine.. lol

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

Thanks
You will need to go through some adjustments as this is a Jeep. I also experienced the same issue when I was first driving home in my new JLUR. To some points, adjustment of the tire pressure is also well advised. Maybe dropping down to the low 30's depending on where you want to be. In the 6+ month's I've owned my Rubi, I've added a lift and new steering stabilizer bar. Is it a sail in the wind, yes.... But a new steering stabilizer has done wonders and now my jeep is tight in the corners, and rock-solid on the highway, short of heavy winds. Keep in mind, this vehicle seems very susceptible to wind, so in time your driving habits will settle into the jeep way of driving. I love mine, and I'm a long time BMW owner, so you can imagine how critical my thoughts might be.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about swap stock exhaust with aftermarket ones. What would you guys recommend with deep bass sound with no drone? I am leaning towards Borla s-type with black tips for mine.. lol
If your buying on sound, or a perceived sound, then fine, otherwise there's no perceived performance increases. I've got no recommendations, as I refuse to install an upgraded exhaust for a 6 cylinder engine, but if you are comfortable with that I've listened to the sound quality of the borla's from Youtube, and they seem fine. Of course, drone is what's going to make the experience not fun, but they seem to be able to produce a quality exhaust without drone. Go for it, if it compels you. I'm happy with my stock exhaust.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, this is so unreal !!! Thank you so much for this info. Typical FCA related products issues.......
You'll be fine, don't let it go to your head, it's a jeep after all and it's a good vehicle, drive and enjoy. If you truly have an issue, then take to the dealer. The steering issue does NOT affect every jeep. Keep in mind that this forum represents a very SMALL portion of the consumers who buy Jeeps, so take with a grain of salt.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, congrats on your new purchase!
Sponsored