Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler May 2019 Sales Report

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Their goal was 350,000 including international sales, the 240kish number is US only I believe.
True, but even then:

The Free Press and other news outlets have reported that the automaker expects to build about 350,000 Wranglers annually as it aims to boost overseas sales of the rugged SUV.

In addition, the automaker plans to produce about 100,000 Jeep Wrangler pickups annually, said Bruce Baumhower, president of UAW Local 12.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I love my new wrangler , itā€™s baffling why people are so excited that sales are down or whatever it seems so weird to me. Iā€™m not happy nor sad if sales are up or down really has no effect on me at all but some people seem to really get off on sales being low but not high. I guess itā€™s that whole negative news media mentality. What a Terrible way to go through life..
Anyway Iā€™m gonna go back to visit the thread where everyone is complaining that they canā€™t get their Jeep built fast enough because thereā€™s so many orders that they canā€™t keep up. Lol

Last edited:

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Their goal was 350,000 including international sales, the 240kish number is US only I believe.
240k/yr is what JK production was constrained to, including international sales.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I guess I understand both sides...

If sales are up, you feel good about the brand you own. You feel even if you slightly overpaid, you probably got a better deal than most.

If sales are down, you feel good because we all know theyā€™ve launched a new vehicle with one purpose ā€œprofitsā€. I understand there are more creature comforts and technology has advanced in what used to be a simple off-road vehicle...but the price hikes and destination charges have become ridiculous. Their a la cart menu of options sets you back several thousands more for the common necessities. Maybe, just maybe with sales dipping a little and thousands of JLs left on lots, they will realize and adjust accordingly. Pricing canā€™t come down, but maybe adding more standard options and bringing back the 100k warranty powertrain will help the loyalist remain committed to purchasing.

My 2 cents, and at the end...business is business but when you have a fan base and loyal customers for generations, you have to show you care more than just the green

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I come to this thread for the pure entertainment status, I mean look at you, say you donā€™t care but take the time to type a substantial post. I love seeing the people talking about the lower sales only to see others come in on the white horse to defend the Jeep brand, it truly is funny as hell!
I think most of us come here for the entertainment value. My post entertained you and your post very much entertained me. Thanks , Weā€™re even. LOL

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I come to this thread for the pure entertainment status, I mean look at you, say you donā€™t care but take the time to type a substantial post. I love seeing the people talking about the lower sales only to see others come in on the white horse to defend the Jeep brand, it truly is funny as hell!
I think most of us come here for the entertainment value. My post entertained you and your post very much entertained me. Thanks , Weā€™re even. LOL
Can we go ahead and start fighting again?

machoman12.gif

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s time to move out of momā€™s basement and get a life of your own my young friend.
Been out of my parents house since I was 17 buddy.

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Funny as hell was a guy saying he was happy Wrangler sales were down because it made his "more exclusive". Lmao.....Wrangler and exclusive in the same sentence. Sound familiar?

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Yes, but FCA's target was to sell over 350,000 Wranglers per year when they retooled for JL. So they are falling extremely short of expectations.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2016/07/15/jeep-wrangler-production-toledo/87142838/
I believe that goal of 350K was for world-wide. The sales report is for the U. S. only. Doing a bit of extrapolation : 110K units x 12/5 = 264K 2019 CY U. S. Can they sell another 86K to international markets is the big question that needs to be addressed
Sponsored