First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Looks cooler than no doors IMO, I love em, my kids love em,(my son calls them Spider-Man doors) wife feels safer with them on than doorless.
If you are a worry wart, keep the OEM doors on and stop shitting on peoples parades :)
If you pay attention while your driving, your chances of getting T Boned are greatly reduced.
nakedspiderpunkn.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Looks cooler than no doors IMO, I love em, my kids love em,(my son calls them Spider-Man doors) wife feels safer with them on than doorless.
If you are a worry wart, keep the OEM doors on and stop shitting on peoples parades :)
If you pay attention while your driving, your chances of getting T Boned are greatly reduced.
nakedspiderpunkn.jpg
I'm not a worry wart. I run doorless all the time. Tube doors are cool. Just answering the OPs question. Safety is not part of the equation.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Wasn't directed at you Thirty...just general worry warts.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at the descriptions on any of these doors from the manufacturers. Do they mention safety?

One description calls them "a useful visual barrier."

EAG says "Warning: This product is intended for off-road use only. It is not designed as a safety restraint device."

Stop fooling yourself! If you want the tube doors fine get them. But they are not designed for safety. If they give you protection in an accident that is is dumb luck - not by design.
"Useful visual barrier..." That's pretty funny... If I'm driving pants-less, there ain't no barrier.

Not that I ever would... or did... drive without pants. Maybe I've said too much already.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
nakedspiderpunkn.jpg
thanks for this pic. I almost got these, but I ultimately went with the EAG Matrix. I placed the order this morning!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
"Useful visual barrier..." That's pretty funny... If I'm driving pants-less, there ain't no barrier.

Not that I ever would... or did... drive without pants. Maybe I've said too much already.
So it called a "barrier method"?

I see a minimal (at best) safety in a side impact of low velocity. Do see it keeping trail twigs from snapping you and also keeping the limbs inside in severe off camber or roll over. I would get them to have someplace to put my arm and a mirror.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
thanks for this pic. I almost got these, but I ultimately went with the EAG Matrix. I placed the order this morning
I love the Matrix too, but ultimately I had to go with Spider-Man...I am Fascinated with spiders lol, and me and my son are both Spider-Man fans.
Hell, for the price you can get both and still be under MOPAR or RR doors lol

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I love the Matrix too, but ultimately I had to go with Spider-Man...I am Fascinated with spiders lol, and me and my son are both Spider-Man fans.
Hell, for the price you can get both and still be under MOPAR or RR doors lol
Agreed. From the research I did, the "known" issues with the EAG doors are:

1) poor instructions/documentation
2) "some" (rare) fit/finish issues with sharp edges
3) "some" issues with the mirror (driver side predominantly) adjustability

I'm an engineer so I look forward to these issues. LOL. If there are manufacturing/quality issues that are excessive, I will work with the manufacturer or vendor.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I do not trust RR's long term finish and rust. But since the tube doors are generally not used in winter and such, they may be a good option. Would not even try something like AEG - love the price and looks but do not trust long term quality. Will probably go with Mopar if I go that route. Still love "Option C" - none of the above...

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not trust RR's long term finish and rust. But since the tube doors are generally not used in winter and such, they may be a good option. Would not even try something like AEG - love the price and looks but do not trust long term quality. Will probably go with Mopar if I go that route. Still love "Option C" - none of the above...
I think from what I've been reading around this forum and elsewhere, the quality has been pretty good overall. The other reason why I went with them is that my Wruby is a summer only vehicle... the doors won't be on in rain since it won't be driven in rain, nor will it be washed with the doors on. The powder coating seems to be good.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Poor Instructions? haha mine had NO instructions lol, but I am a Mechanic and can and love figuring shit out.
And honestly, nobody should NEED instructions to figure it out, it's bolting hinges and mirrors into pre drilled holes, not open heart surgery lol
Maybe that's why they are cheap...Instructions cost $600?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Poor Instructions? haha mine had NO instructions lol, but I am a Mechanic and can and love figuring shit out.
And honestly, nobody should NEED instructions to figure it out, it's bolting hinges and mirrors into pre drilled holes, not open heart surgery lol
Agreed. I'm an engineer at heart so I enjoy that kind of stuff too. I was speaking for the general public.

Hey, to the OP who posted about quality above - his concern about long term... any comments on that? What are your thoughts on the quality?

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Any aluminum doors out there?
Not looking for safety. I prefer doors off, but my kids dont have the concept of securing stuff to make sure it doesnt fall out.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
It turns out I didn't need the instructions, but my accountant mind and lack of mechanical thinking makes me think I do. Mine didn't come with instructions either, but Swimman provided them to me. They really were junk. And while you don't need them, it is nice to know ahead of time where the shorter vs longer bolts go, to attach the door stop straps to the front doors ahead of time, etc. Nothing I couldn't figure out, but it would have been nice to shave off some time and do it right the first time. Although, I'm sure I would have found some to F-up!

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Thank you. Found the thread where folks got them from Vicious. Stinks that the discount code no longer applies :(
That sucks. However the amazon price is still a really sweet deal. Remember these come with mirrors. Thats like 150 bucks savings right there.
Sponsored