Sponsored

The Ford Mustang is the most similar vehicle to the Jeep Wrangler available in the U.S.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting. My wife was on the fence between the Mustang and a Jeep and then she fell off the fence into the Jeep dealership... lol.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Same, it was the Mustang or the Harley that had to go, I figured the Harley took up less space and had more value still, as well as cost much less annually for insurance.
Yeah, I don't think I'd give up on the bike either. Fortunately I get to have a Jeep and a Bagger. :rock:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
@multicam When I first saw the title I actually came in here to comment on the ludicrousness of it (in a lighthearted sort of way of course!) until I realized how accurate your premise is.....
Funny because I assumed it was some sort of joke, because it seemed so outlandish. I clicked to see what the joke was, and though "well dang that's pretty accurate".

I bought it new, but finally sold it several years ago (I guess it's been 5-10 ish).
100_6377 resize.jpg

Honestly, I enjoy my my new convertible more than I did the Mustang. It was fun car, but you could never really legally enjoy it's full potential. The JL on the other hand, you can enjoy quite often. Added bonus that you can enjoy it year round too.
Still a very shocking comparison. I was waiting for the punch line, but it turns out they are similar despite being different intentions..

Sponsored

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I traded in my '17 Mustang GT to get my '19 JL Sport, so I agree with this!

And the last vehicle before the Mustang was a JKUR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
multicam

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@multicam When I first saw the title I actually came in here to comment on the ludicrousness of it (in a lighthearted sort of way of course!) until I realized how accurate your premise is. The one thing I knew for sure is I did NOT want a cookie cutter vehicle that looked like every other vehicle out there (I swear the designers go from one manufacture to the next convincing us everything should look the same). Both vehicles are classics in their class and both are truly modernized without losing their identities. While I'd LOVE to have a GT in the stable, I'm afraid it just wouldn't get driven that much. Not to mention I don't have the space for another vehicle. Still trying to convince my wife to lift the garage so I can lift the Jeep... but I don't see THAT happening anytime soon... :facepalm:
Maybe @GreyFox has some tips on how you can convince her!

;)

Porsche 911 would be on my list too, of which that are non-American. Actually the Porsche and the Mustang would be battling it out for second spot if I were to ever own a second vehicle.
911s definitely hit a lot of points on the list. I LOVE 911s and would love to have one, but they’re a little out of my price range!

Funny because I assumed it was some sort of joke, because it seemed so outlandish. I clicked to see what the joke was, and though "well dang that's pretty accurate".

I bought it new, but finally sold it several years ago (I guess it's been 5-10 ish).
100_6377 resize.jpg

Honestly, I enjoy my my new convertible more than I did the Mustang. It was fun car, but you could never really legally enjoy it's full potential. The JL on the other hand, you can enjoy quite often. Added bonus that you can enjoy it year round too.
Still a very shocking comparison. I was waiting for the punch line, but it turns out they are similar despite being different intentions..
Hell yeah, nice car. And yeah of course it’s kind of a ridiculous thing to say, but aside from their intended uses the two vehicles really have a ton in common.

Agree.
And both car don’t have company emblem on their hood.
You can’t even find any Ford mark on the mustang.

93121784-5E52-4D83-93A0-A6EFCF16F72C.jpeg

ADFD8FA8-D528-4514-AFD8-BB673C629AF4.jpeg
This is a good point, I’ll add it to the list. Thanks!

There was a time when Ford had the blue oval on the mustang, I want to say the final 2-3 years of SN95 production (or maybe all the SN95 years, I don’t know).

@multicam ... Did your wife "convince" you like I "convinced" my husband? :blush::giggle::devil:
Haha... yeah, there may have been some late-night “convincing” going on :involve:

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
Agreed. We have two Fox body Mustangs, and two Wranglers (TJ and JLU). All but one Fox body are modified. Those two platforms are super easy to modify and personalize to the owners taste. I had so much fun back before kids in my 91 GT. It has taken a backseat and a garage stall. I love wrenching on it and the TJ equally.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Never would have thought to put the two as similar, but you make great points. I’ve always loved Mustangs.

Would love to have one of each but only room for a Jeep for now. Someday maybe...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
There was a time when Ford had the blue oval on the mustang, I want to say the final 2-3 years of SN95 production (or maybe all the SN95 years, I don’t know).
Yep, both of my SN95s had the blue oval on the trunk lid.

IMG_0882.JPG
Sponsored