35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

UpNOvr

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I measured exact anyways since I'm back at my shop right now and was thinking about it...

This setup measures 79-79½" from pavement to roof ribs.
What method wheels are those ? Did they come red or you had them powdered ? Thanks
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
YES! but I didn't know about them ahead of time. Never read anything about it doing research, never saw them offered anywhere I looked for beadlocks lol.

So me and my buddy started mounting tires and when we got to the stage of tightening all the bolts, we kept snapping bolt heads! The bolts just wouldn't tighten like they should. After 2 snapping off, I looked at the included diagram and noticed the spacer, so I got online and searched, and right there in the description for Method beadlock spacers it was: "...to alleviate issues associated with larger tire sidewalls like snapping bolt heads and..." The Cooper STT Pros' sidewall is almost an inch thick! So definitely a necessity.

I had them overnighted from Northridge because of time constraints and never had another problem. But for peace of mind I ordered all new hardware too, since we were torquing on a lot of the other bolts without the spacers as well.

I've been wheelin twice now and driven about 1700 miles and have checked the bolt torques twice- all still right where we left them.

20190526_134255.jpg

20190526_121158.jpg

20190512_105138.jpg
Looks awful close to catching stock bumper Is this an issue with 37s? Hope not cause mine are on the way

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awful close to catching stock bumper Is this an issue with 37s? Hope not cause mine are on the way

That's why I took that first photo actually. Yes it was rubbing, and rubbing good, but only on the most extreme off-camber terrain. In fact I had been wheelin and climbing on rocks for over 2 hours without issue until I decided to drive perpendicular to that dirt bike donut hole when I heard the rubbing. I'm saving for a front bumper and winch right now though so it's a short term dilemma

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Your springs look awesome!...But doesn't MC say powder coating them voids the warranty?

Thanks AmeriCon- love the name

I primed and painted them instead of powder coating after reading through their material and therefore finding a few horror stories. Wasn't sure how it would hold up due to the extreme movement of these springs, but so far, so good!

20190424_163226.jpg

20190425_161946.jpg

20190512_161050.jpg

20190512_161101.jpg

Sponsored

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
My bumper is also a Smittybilt, the XRC. It does have a mounts for fog lights on top of the bull bar. The factory fog lights mounted perfectly also. You can kind of see it in the pic below.
I’m happy with it.
2D0CEF18-16F0-424A-89BF-3FA7CDB694D6.jpeg

I'm glad you replied with that photo. I want one that is max 52-54" wide so it is either inside or comes straight down from the sides of the grille; just personal preference on aesthetics. And tire clearance. After writing to you I went back and looked through all the bumpers I had bookmarked- about 10, and although the price is a bitter pill, I've decided to save for an extra week or two and pull the trigger on the Hauk .

Part of the reason is the DRL and turn signal they have integrated into it:

I have headlights with DRL bars that will match, and plan on getting the MC Overland flares that also have the same DRL bars in white, so I'm thinking that should look bad ass when they're all on together- at least I'm hoping lol! I will post photos as the idea progresses.

It's only money, and if my jeep ain't happy, I'm not happy!

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
What is everyone using to mount 37s to the tire carrier?
I used the Mopar tailgate reinforcement with the Smittybilt relocation bracket. Very minimal vibration if none at all.
Sits a little higher but I still like it.

653AD102-E8C1-48EB-8E66-164C04BEF518.jpeg

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you replied with that photo. I want one that is max 52-54" wide so it is either inside or comes straight down from the sides of the grille; just personal preference on aesthetics. And tire clearance. After writing to you I went back and looked through all the bumpers I had bookmarked- about 10, and although the price is a bitter pill, I've decided to save for an extra week or two and pull the trigger on the Hauk .

Part of the reason is the DRL and turn signal they have integrated into it:

I have headlights with DRL bars that will match, and plan on getting the MC Overland flares that also have the same DRL bars in white, so I'm thinking that should look bad ass when they're all on together- at least I'm hoping lol! I will post photos as the idea progresses.

It's only money, and if my jeep ain't happy, I'm not happy!

That’s bad ass!! Your Rubi looks great and that bumper will definitely add to that look!! :rock:

Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I used the Mopar tailgate reinforcement with the Smittybilt relocation bracket. Very minimal vibration if none at all.
Sits a little higher but I still like it.

653AD102-E8C1-48EB-8E66-164C04BEF518.jpeg
Looks good. I have the Rough Country relocation bracket in the mail Didnt know if mopar reinforcement was necessary with the 37s only being 20lbs heavier than the stock 33s

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
My bumper is also a Smittybilt, the XRC. It does have a mounts for fog lights on top of the bull bar. The factory fog lights mounted perfectly also. You can kind of see it in the pic below.
I’m happy with it.
2D0CEF18-16F0-424A-89BF-3FA7CDB694D6.jpeg
Nice Jeep and garage!

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Here’s a comparison pic stock wheels with 35s 17x9 -6 offset procomps wrapped in 37s

23C93865-86FE-497E-BBE2-8B4E7B0AD99A.jpeg

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. I have the Rough Country relocation bracket in the mail Didnt know if mopar reinforcement was necessary with the 37s only being 20lbs heavier than the stock 33s
Thanks!
I heard that the reinforcement wasn’t really necessary either but I decided to add it at the last minute. I guess I’ll never know for sure lol
Sponsored