Battery protection mode please help!!!!

Carnellz28

First Name
Carnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl u
Hello guys been getting the battery protection mode message from day 2 of purchase, dealer charged the battery on first visit second visit they said it was normal stop using the auto stop feature and it still goes into battery protection mode. Anyone know a fix for this?

20190520_162751.jpg
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Let me know when they fix it. I’m afraid the dealer will make it worse, with the accessories 8 have runnin* to the battery.

Rosedale61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
This happened to me today with my 2019 Rubicon. It was high 90s today, does high heat disable the stop/start and put it in battery protection mode?? Everything else seems normal.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would disconnect the ESS negative and pull voltage readings on both the main and ESS battery, should be 12.5 volts on both

OP
OP

Carnellz28

First Name
Carnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl u
I will check the voltage tomorrow when I have time so far I have pushed all fuses down and trickle charged for 24hr with no luck.

Sponsored

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
so why would you not take this to dealer? its not your problem, you paid for a jeep that works...its their problem. take it in a demand fixed, get a loaNER.

OP
OP

Carnellz28

First Name
Carnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl u
Been to the dealer twice already they said it's normal talked to jeep cares a couple times all they do is say they can't go against what the dealer says

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
so why would you not take this to dealer? its not your problem, you paid for a jeep that works...its their problem. take it in a demand fixed, get a loaNER.
Last time I took my jeep to the dealer for a flash they cross threaded the antifreeze cap and it spewed stuff everywhere overheated and had my wife stranded, needing to call a tow truck. Plus it’s intermittent and only happens on long drives, doubt they could figure it out until the issue is more obvious. They can’t even put the right amount of oil or torque bolts apparently too. I don’t use start stop anyway.

Rosedale61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
This happened to me today with my 2019 Rubicon. It was high 90s today, does high heat disable the stop/start and put it in battery protection mode?? Everything else seems normal.
As a follow up to the above got in the Jeep this morning as stop/start was back to normal. I can only think that due to the excessive heat here yesterday plus I had alot of errands to run which required alot of shutting the car off starting it up. This possibly could have caused the problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Carnellz28

First Name
Carnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl u
Voltage checks good on both. I am thinking it might be because of heat.. I don't even use the feature anymore and still get the message after about an hour and a half of ca 405 driving.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Voltage checks good on both. I am thinking it might be because of heat.. I don't even use the feature anymore and still get the message after about an hour and a half of ca 405 driving.
Mine acts the same I bought a load tester but was too lazy/busy to sort out which cables are the aux battery. Note I also have accessories grounded just above the sensor not sure of that causes any issues or not.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I just picked up my new 2019 Rubicon this morning and the ESS was working fine at first. It hasn’t worked since early this afternoon and I have the Battery Protection Mode message when I scroll to the correct menu. My new Jeep only has 90 miles on the clock. It was very hot today in Tampa (mid to high 90’s) so not sure if that’s a problem but I’ve had it for Jess than one day!

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I just picked up my new 2019 Rubicon this morning and the ESS was working fine at first. It hasn’t worked since early this afternoon and I have the Battery Protection Mode message when I scroll to the correct menu. My new Jeep only has 90 miles on the clock. It was very hot today in Tampa (mid to high 90’s) so not sure if that’s a problem but I’ve had it for Jess than one day!
Any mods on yours?

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance