TPMS Sensors

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
So I just put new tpms sensors on today drove about 40 miles and they have not programmed. Is there anything needed to reset? Everything states the jeep should just automatically pick them up. Not sure where to go from here.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Plenty have had issues with certain sensors. Best to replace with shrader(OEM brand) and not some cheaper version although some of those are working fine.

Another trick is remove the spare and go drive around to get them set. The spare is making some issues for folks because it does have a TPMS and the Jeep is getting confused.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
what brand did you get?

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what brand did you get?
Got these said they were OEM https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Tire-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I saw someone state they worked great. I read in the manual that it can take up to 20 minutes driving over 15mph, we i drove over 20 minutes but wasn’t always over 15mph. Doesn’t seem like they should take that long to sync up. I doubt the spare has anything to do with it.

I do have my stock set which I can always bring in and have the sensors swapped. It just seems like the tire presser system needs to be reset somehow.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Jeep---Wrangler---2013-2018 (433 MHZ only) idk the MHz of the JL sensors, but if they don't start working that could be the issue possibly OEM for JKs but not JL

Sponsored

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep---Wrangler---2013-2018 (433 MHZ only) idk the MHz of the JL sensors, but if they don't start working that could be the issue possibly OEM for JKs but not JL
It’s 433 on the new JL’s.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
As I've stated before--you can get along(little doggie) without the TPMS XMITTERS(wheels) and the jeep couldn't care less--

All you'll get will be the little yellow ICON in the Tach ctr--no alarms/bells/alarms--you can survive without the TPMS info/problems--

W.E.

JIMBO

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I've stated before--you can get along(little doggie) without the TPMS XMITTERS(wheels) and the jeep couldn't care less--

All you'll get will be the little yellow ICON in the Tach ctr--no alarms/bells/alarms--you can survive without the TPMS info/problems--

W.E.

JIMBO
I am not sure what you mean by no alarms it beeps every time I start up my Jeep. I get that you can get by without it. I just like to be able to see where my tire pressure is at and also have a warning when I get a flat.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
So I just put new tpms sensors on today drove about 40 miles and they have not programmed. Is there anything needed to reset? Everything states the jeep should just automatically pick them up. Not sure where to go from here.
Had the same problem. None of those tricks work. You have to go to the dealer and they will refresh them for you. The dealer is the only shop that has the technology at this point.
They will sell the software to the non dealer shops within the next year.

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the same problem. None of those tricks work. You have to go to the dealer and they will refresh them for you. The dealer is the only shop that has the technology at this point.
They will sell the software to the non dealer shops within the next year.
Do they charge for this? Will they refresh them if they are aftermarket sensors? If they will then that beats me spending more money to remove the OEM sensors out of my stock tires.

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Do they charge for this? Will they refresh them if they are aftermarket sensors? If they will then that beats me spending more money to remove the OEM sensors out of my stock tires.
They did not charge me and mine were after market in new custom 35" tires and 17 X 9 wheels. Just bring it in for service and tell them your TSPM light is on the dash.

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did not charge me and mine were after market in new custom 35" tires and 17 X 9 wheels. Just bring it in for service and tell them your TSPM light is on the dash.
I just stopped by the dealer and they thought i was crazy, said nothing they can do that they should just work.

At this point I am just going to take my OEM ones out of my original tires and be done with it.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I just stopped by the dealer and they thought i was crazy, said nothing they can do that they should just work.

At this point I am just going to take my OEM ones out of my original tires and be done with it.
I watched the tech at my Jeep dealership plug his computer in under my dash and then go around to each tire and scan it. Worked for me. They are lying to you. I originally tried putting my stock sensors back in and it did not change a thing. It has to be scanned by their handheld computer / scanner.

OP
OP
diesel1218

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched the tech at my Jeep dealership plug his computer in under my dash and then go around to each tire and scan it. Worked for me. They are lying to you. I originally tried putting my stock sensors back in and it did not change a thing. It has to be scanned by their handheld computer / scanner.
And you simply went in and said your tire pressure light is on? They didnt say they needed to charge you a dia fee?

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
And you simply went in and said your tire pressure light is on? They didnt say they needed to charge you a dia fee?
No. Thats all I did was make an appt for that and I picked it up and it was fixed. I brought it first to a very reputable 1st class tire shop because I could just stop in. They tried but told me FCI has the software and they don't release / sell it to the other repair shops for a year or so. His Snap on scanner showed the issue also but he could not clear it.
Sponsored