FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For someone who isnt going to go rock crawling like most of y'all maniacs do :cwl:, would the stage 2 AEV cover all the parts needed for a basic lift and sort of maintain the same driving feel? I'm quiet short so I wanted maybe an 1.5" lift once I slap 33 on my Sport S but I see poor reviews from you guys on RC. I do plan on getting some quick disconnect away bars just in case the bug hits me since they're not expensive but besides the jeep being a DD, I will take it camping and medium trails, beaches, and the horrible road where I go shooting probably once a month. My concern is due to jeric mentioning caster correction. I sqw Joshua Tree has a good variety of trails and its not that far. TIA
You said AEV but did you mean the EVO stage 2? Honestly man that lift isn't worth anywhere near $950. It's just a budget boost with two control arms. Wait for some more options to come out before you decide. If Rock Krawler markets something like their 2.5" JK kit it would be a much better option.
Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I agree, the EVO and the AEV kits are way too high for what you get.

Hopefully all of these will become less expensive soon when the market gets saturated.
EVO wants $220 for their GEO brackets when the JK's are $90, they will all come down soon.

If someone just has to lift for now, they could just buy the Rough Country and sell it when something better comes out.

I just have a 2 inch JK spacer up front ($20) and a 1 inch spacer in the rear. I'm fine for now as I am too old for the rock crawling.

Caster is still well within specs and the limits I'm comfortable with.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
You said AEV but did you mean the EVO stage 2? Honestly man that lift isn't worth anywhere near $950. It's just a budget boost with two control arms. Wait for some more options to come out before you decide. If Rock Krawler markets something like their 2.5" JK kit it would be a much better option.
Yeah that's what I meant. I was just trying to get an idea of what kind of set up to look for once more parts become available because I know the first companies to come up with parts usually overpriced them. Not planning on doing it right away. Thank you thou

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
this post got upgraded to a sticky by @JAY so this will be updated with lift options and pricing as more options come available, and I will update it when I get time later tonight with whats already listed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Skyjacker was the first company to produce a 3.5"-4" kit apparently....cant say I am excited about that one but its out there...id rather do a home-made lift with wood blocks....im just saying.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
This is a great thread! Not like all those worthless threads complaing about not having a cd player! Sub'd to see what becomes available.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I agree, the EVO and the AEV kits are way too high for what you get.

Hopefully all of these will become less expensive soon when the market gets saturated.
EVO wants $220 for their GEO brackets when the JK's are $90, they will all come down soon.

If someone just has to lift for now, they could just buy the Rough Country and sell it when something better comes out.

I just have a 2 inch JK spacer up front ($20) and a 1 inch spacer in the rear. I'm fine for now as I am too old for the rock crawling.

Caster is still well within specs and the limits I'm comfortable with.
Can you tell me what spacers you used?

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I used 2 inch JK coil spacers in the front and I made my own rear 1 inch spacers

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I used 2 inch JK coil spacers in the front and I made my own rear 1 inch spacers
Thx! I don't think I have the skills to make my own. Does anyone know of any spacers that work for the rear of a JLUR?

Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I have been told spacers from a TJ Wrangler will fit but no confirmation yet. But I will look into this week.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Has anyone installed the 2" Mopar lift? Love to hear pros and cons. I was thinking of going that route just to stay with OEM parts and not have any warranty issues down the road. I'm lookng for a lift that will give me more offroad capability while not giving up on road ride quality, as It will be my daiily driver.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A budget boost is typically just some brackets and spring bucket spacers. Your only options are 2 and 2.5 inch kits right now and i think a sport even with a 2" budget boost will actually be slightly taller than a stock rubicon. Especially once you add the extra height from 33s or 35s. You will likely be 1 to 1.5" taller than a rubi.

If you want the full all in rubicon look you would also need to buy the high clearance fenders from mopar (or wait for aftermarket options).
I'm in the process of ordering a new JL. Does the Rubicon already come with a lift or just the higher fenders.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Has anyone installed the 2" Mopar lift? Love to hear pros and cons. I was thinking of going that route just to stay with OEM parts and not have any warranty issues down the road. I'm lookng for a lift that will give me more offroad capability while not giving up on road ride quality, as It will be my daiily driver.
I went with most because of the warranty as well. Had the dealer add it to my final bill to ensure I purchased at same time too.
As far as the lift I’ve had it for a week. You will gain exactly 3”. Not sure if you have a rubi but with the new high line fenders it looks bigger than what you are used to seeing 2.5-3.5” lifts on a jk. Looks massive. Pulling up next to a jk with 35s mine is taller for sure.
On road... the Jeep feels a little more bouncy at high speeds. I can feel bumps in the road on bad paved roads a little more. I like the feel of the fox shocks though. Almost feel like floating over bumps and things.
Lower speeds it absolutely rides like a dream. In my long driveway I have snowbanks and a little ditch. It just feels like it moves graciously over everything. Body doesn’t move but tires just articulate over things at low speeds. I have a feeling off-road is where this setup will really shine.
I run 35s, which on a rubi look almost a little small but I think it is just the illusion of us seeing the puny jk fenders for so long. Thing is a beast. 35s you’ll get full articulation even with stock backspacing. 37s May touch a little flexing.
The ride is definitely not as good commuting as stock, but it’s a lift and bigger tires, feels great considering. If you are hoping to maintain stock feel I’d just stick with 33s. I commute 2 miles, if it were further I would be on the fence. It does not ride like stock. It suffers in that category no matter what lift you add. Some people may say “rides better than stock”, maybe to them it does but it is not as “comfortable “ as stock. The bigger tires and higher COG will take some of the “car ride” quality away if you will.
Gas mileage went down about 2mpg so far with new tires. Maybe a touch less once I recalibrate. Getting about 14 now. Take that into consideration too.
Get up and go seems mostly unaffected. If I punch it I still have great acceleration. Not winning any races but it accelerates pretty good.
Overall if you don’t plan on off-roading much and want stock ride quality the 33s will get you anywhere, great setup too.

I'm in the process of ordering a new JL. Does the Rubicon already come with a lift or just the higher fenders.
Just high line fenders. They have a ton of room for 33s tho!
Go with rubicon, check out Craigslist, way higher resale value. What people get for them 10-15 years old blows my mind compared to other vehicles.
Come with bigger tires and highline fenders. Great ride quality with 33s

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with most because of the warranty as well. Had the dealer add it to my final bill to ensure I purchased at same time too.
As far as the lift I’ve had it for a week. You will gain exactly 3”. Not sure if you have a rubi but with the new high line fenders it looks bigger than what you are used to seeing 2.5-3.5” lifts on a jk. Looks massive. Pulling up next to a jk with 35s mine is taller for sure.
On road... the Jeep feels a little more bouncy at high speeds. I can feel bumps in the road on bad paved roads a little more. I like the feel of the fox shocks though. Almost feel like floating over bumps and things.
Lower speeds it absolutely rides like a dream. In my long driveway I have snowbanks and a little ditch. It just feels like it moves graciously over everything. Body doesn’t move but tires just articulate over things at low speeds. I have a feeling off-road is where this setup will really shine.
I run 35s, which on a rubi look almost a little small but I think it is just the illusion of us seeing the puny jk fenders for so long. Thing is a beast. 35s you’ll get full articulation even with stock backspacing. 37s May touch a little flexing.
The ride is definitely not as good commuting as stock, but it’s a lift and bigger tires, feels great considering. If you are hoping to maintain stock feel I’d just stick with 33s. I commute 2 miles, if it were further I would be on the fence. It does not ride like stock. It suffers in that category no matter what lift you add. Some people may say “rides better than stock”, maybe to them it does but it is not as “comfortable “ as stock. The bigger tires and higher COG will take some of the “car ride” quality away if you will.
Gas mileage went down about 2mpg so far with new tires. Maybe a touch less once I recalibrate. Getting about 14 now. Take that into consideration too.
Get up and go seems mostly unaffected. If I punch it I still have great acceleration. Not winning any races but it accelerates pretty good.
Overall if you don’t plan on off-roading much and want stock ride quality the 33s will get you anywhere, great setup too.

Just high line fenders. They have a ton of room for 33s tho!
Go with rubicon, check out Craigslist, way higher resale value. What people get for them 10-15 years old blows my mind compared to other vehicles.
Come with bigger tires and highline fenders. Great ride quality with 33s
Great review, thank you. I do plan on going with the Rubicon, just waiting for Sting Gray color to be released. If I go with the 2" lift I plan on using the stock tires and maybe going up a size in a few years when I need to replace them. Did you save any money by including the 2" lift in the deal. The dealer I'm currently working with is at 5% below invoice. Not sure how they handle accessories as they do options. Love to see a pic of your jeep with the 2" lift , if you get a chance. Thanks again.
Sponsored