First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Military
Has anyone mounted a winch with the new 2.0 turbo eTorque system? I am worried that it might not be able to handle the amp draw of a Warn VR10-S winch. It can draw about 500 amps at full load. Is there anything to worry about or am I being silly?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Why would the engine matter at all? The e-torque system has nothing to do with the 12v main battery power.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Why would the engine matter at all? The e-torque system has nothing to do with the 12v main battery power.
lol yea if anything the 2.0T has a bigger 12v battery by default than the 3.6 (700cca vs 650cca)

OP
OP
kkipp9

kkipp9

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Military
I sort of figured that it would not make a difference. I have no experience with these mild hybrids as they call them.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
No problem.

I have a JLUS 2.0l, and installed a 10k winch several weeks ago. already used it pulling another jeep & riding mower out of a ditch:)

works great.

Although my chinese winch (smittybuilt gen2 x20 10k synthetic) was half the price of the warn chinese winch, so I am not going to say it is apples to apples, but you will not have an issue.

Not trying to start any war, but just wanted to suggest you do some research (assuming you haven't yet) on the winches, as unless you go with a ZEON that is made in the US, most of the other winches are made in china.

I did NOT have a problem with this (as evidenced by the winch I bought) I simply do not want anyone to have regret buying a winch based upon a name that used to guarantee the best quality, but do not anymore unless you go zeon.

no matter what winch you get, be sure to remove the hook immediately and switch to a spliced thimble or spliced flat link.

Good luck & have fun!

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
No problem.

I have a JLUS 2.0l, and installed a 10k winch several weeks ago. already used it pulling another jeep & riding mower out of a ditch:)
works great.
Same here. Although I have not been asked to pull out a jeep NOR a riding mower out of a ditch (what were they doing in the ditch together for anyway???) ;)

IMG_1491.JPG

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Same here. Although I have not been asked to pull out a jeep NOR a riding mower out of a ditch (what were they doing in the ditch together for anyway???) ;)

IMG_1491.JPG

Mower got stuck in the mud at the bottom of the ditch mowing the grass along it.

Jeep tried to pull him out, but she had gone too far into the mud and was stuck.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mower got stuck in the mud at the bottom of the ditch mowing the grass along it.

Jeep tried to pull him out, but she had gone too far into the mud and was stuck.
Ah... I see. As long as there wasn't something... unnatural... going on! ;)

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Ah... I see. As long as there wasn't something... unnatural... going on! ;)
I think there was. A jeep not able to pull a mower out of a ditch seems unnatural to me:)

Funny thing was that the jeep had a big ol lift & tires, and some jeep club stickers on the windscreen, and a bound up winch. (Guessing winch was wound up without a load on it.)

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think there was. A jeep not able to pull a mower out of a ditch seems unnatural to me:)

Funny thing was that the jeep had a big ol lift & tires, and some jeep club stickers on the windscreen, and a bound up winch. (Guessing winch was wound up without a load on it.)
Guess that just proves that the most important tool in any recovery situation is the one between your ears :idea:
Sponsored