Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
So I am looking to replace a factory damaged Sport S front bumper (same as the sport) with a mopar steel one. Factory damaged my original. Can anyone give me the part numbers I will likely need. I went to the dealer today and they couldn't figure it out other than to buy the whole thing in one piece. Someone mentioned earlier that its cheaper to get it as parts. Dealer can't tell which parts diagram is for a steel bumper...they think that it is the [013 Frame, Bumper, Fascia 205 - Bumper, MC6) but from the diagram I am not sure if this is steel or not. Also need to figure out if the Sport S fog lights will fit or if there is an adapter out there that will make it fit. Anybody have the verified part numbers I need?

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
I just came in from installing my steel rubi bumper on my sport S, the steel bumper came with LEDs that do not fit the same wire harness, the plastic filler that fills the gap between the grill and bumper needs to be changed and the bumper didn't come with a skid plate..

IMG_8889.jpg

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
So your fogs don't work? Any chance you have a parts list? Did you buy the bumper as a kit or individual parts.

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
So your fogs don't work? Any chance you have a parts list? Did you buy the bumper as a kit or individual parts.
I purchased the stubby bumper from quadratec.. same bumper but without the end pieces. the fog lights dont work but i already have rigid radiance brackets to replace them..

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Steel bumper from a Rubicon that I am ready to buy. It comes with bumper and skid plate, no fog lights. I have LED lights from my Sahara bumper.

-Can I order the Maximus 3 fog light adapter https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-fog-light-adapter-bracket?

-Will the skid plate work? Do I need anything to attach it?

-What about the gap between the grill and bumper?

Is $700 a good price?

Thanks!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
To be honest, I don't remember now. It was wrapped up in the bill for the car and some other things we did to the car before we picked it up. If it's important, I can check it in a couple of days....we're not in town right now.
Yes, it is important!!!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a Steel bumper from a Rubicon that I am ready to buy. It comes with bumper and skid plate, no fog lights. I have LED lights from my Sahara bumper.

-Can I order the Maximus 3 fog light adapter https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-fog-light-adapter-bracket?

-Will the skid plate work? Do I need anything to attach it?

-What about the gap between the grill and bumper?

Is $700 a good price?

Thanks!
If it comes with the skid plate $700 is good. Not the best but not bad at all. You’ll need the two brackets (attach from frame to skid plate) plus the nut bolts for them.

I used my plastic piece from my old bumper and added it to the steel bumper for the gap.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If it comes with the skid plate $700 is good. Not the best but not bad at all. You’ll need the two brackets (attach from frame to skid plate) plus the nut bolts for them.

I used my plastic piece from my old bumper and added it to the steel bumper for the gap.
Thank you for the quick response and for the info. I will looking at it tomorrow.

Are the fog light brackets the right ones?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thank you for the quick response and for the info. I will looking at it tomorrow.

Are the fog light brackets the right ones?
No. You’ll need the Maximus LED fog light bracket adapter, and make sure you have the screws - 2 on each side - to screw in the adapter to the Steel bumper.

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
No. You’ll need the Maximus LED fog light bracket adapter, and make sure you have the screws - 2 on each side - to screw in the adapter to the Steel bumper.
Ok. Thanks. Was it hard to remove fog lights from Sahara bumper?

Did you anyone plasti dip the red hooks?

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Hey everyone. So I’m about to install a Moab steel bumper on my Sahara. I just received the Maximus-3 fog light adapter kit.

What bolts do you use to mount the adapter to the bumper? I was expecting it to come with the adapter but that appears to not be the case. Are there bolts that I reuse from the original bumper?

I haven’t taken apart the Sahara bumper yet so maybe the answer to my question is obvious.

Thanks!
Doug

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Turns out... reading the instructions is helpful after all. Clearly says to use the 10mm bolts that held the lights in the factory bumper!

Fresh Prince

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Hey everyone. So I’m about to install a Moab steel bumper on my Sahara. I just received the Maximus-3 fog light adapter kit.

What bolts do you use to mount the adapter to the bumper? I was expecting it to come with the adapter but that appears to not be the case. Are there bolts that I reuse from the original bumper?

I haven’t taken apart the Sahara bumper yet so maybe the answer to my question is obvious.

Thanks!
Doug
How'd the install go? I just purchased a Moab takeoff steel bumper and plan to install to my Sahara. Were the Maximus 3 brackets needed for the fog lights?
Sponsored