Calgary Alberta $500 above invoice group price

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Hello, if you are looking to order in Canada, and aren't too far away from Calgary, consider buying there. I was able to get a similar deal to what the Ontario GTA group was able to do.

I have recently ordered my 2 door Rubicon JL from Varsity Chrysler: https://www.varsitychrysler.com/ Ask for Alex McKay or Jon Wilson. Both are fantastic to deal with. Alex: [email protected] or cell 403-837-9775

They are giving me $500 above invoice, and have agreed to offer this same deal to others on the JL Wrangler Forum. Please mention the JL Wrangler Forum and mention me (Peter from Vancouver) so that they know you are part of this and they will give you the same $500 above invoice pricing. They also are giving me a break on the documentation fee, and a 20% discount on accessories. They are even picking me up from the airport when my Jeep arrives! I am really looking forward to the road trip back through the Rockies in my new Jeep.

Tower Chrysler in Calgary was also very good, but they would not commit to offering $500 above invoice to others.

In Vancouver, I found all 3 of the dealerships I contacted to be terrible. One outright lied to me. Said he would do $500 above invoice, but when his numbers did not match up, he admitted that it was not actually invoice. Worked out to being about $2000 above invoice. As you can imagine, he lost my trust entirely.
Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Thanks for the info. I'll drop by for a visit as soon as Mojito is available. :like:

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I now have my VIN allocated....one step closer to reality! Varsity Chrysler continues to impress me.

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
0% financing (for 36 months) available on the JL! This is open until February 28th apparently so the next 3 weeks would be a good time to get an order in. Here is what my dealer told me when I asked about the 0% financing in Canada:

"Yes – they are offering 0% for 36 months on the Jeep – We would have to get an approval in order to hold the financing for you."

I was expecting to finance through my bank at about 3.2% so this looks like great news :)

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
zerofinance-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
HI Peter,

Thank you for everything. I will be heading down to the dealership this weekend, I'll be sure to let them know you referred me. If you need anything when your down in Calgary to pick up your Jeep, just let me know.

Best Regards
I've really been impressed with Alex and Jon. Hope it goes well for you too. Thanks for the offer of assistance in Calgary, I am looking forward to my road trip!

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Islandbunkie, thank you for sharing. I was able to use your original post as leverage to negotiate $500 over invoice on my Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon order with a dealer here in the Lower Mainland. Have a nice Family Day! :like:

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Islandbunkie, thank you for sharing. I was able to use your original post as leverage to negotiate $500 over invoice on my Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon order with a dealer here in the Lower Mainland. Have a nice Family Day! :like:
Great! Which dealership in the Lower Mainland? Make sure it is truly "invoice" as I had one dealer lie to me and try to charge $2000 above invoice. Would hate to see that happen to a fellow Jeep Fan :)

What JLUR sounds amazing!

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Great! Which dealership in the Lower Mainland? Make sure it is truly "invoice" as I had one dealer lie to me and try to charge $2000 above invoice. Would hate to see that happen to a fellow Jeep Fan :)

What JLUR sounds amazing!
I'll give you a hint, it was on the North Shore. MSRP on my build was $59,600, dealer FWP price was $54,104 - secured a deal for $54,600. Put my order deposit down, but unfortunately Ocean Blue can't quite be entered as a factory order just yet.

Cheers! :beer:

Region capture 1.png

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I'll give you a hint, it was on the North Shore. MSRP on my build was $59,600, dealer FWP price was $54,104 - secured a deal for $54,600. Put my order deposit down, but unfortunately Ocean Blue can't quite be entered as a factory order just yet.

Cheers! :beer:

Region capture 1.png
Nicely done! I went in twice to that dealership and they never followed up with me. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy the drive through the Rockies, but good to know deals can be had locally.

Congratulations!

Sponsored

shibuyaterminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Hey Peter,

I spoke with Varsity about trying to get similar pricing to you and was told that it was only valid for factory orders, not vehicles on the lot. Oh well. My question is what, if any, additional fees did they charge you for on top of the $500 and tax. They are trying offering me invoice plus $2500 as well as several "additional fees" that I think are bogus.

I may just walk away and try and order one from somewhere else with the Invoice + $500.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Hi,

The dealers in AB will typically charge you a tire tax, AMVIC fee, documentation fee, as well as A/C tax and destination.

I'm pretty certain that you won't get invoice + $500 on any new JL on any dealer lot. At least until the 2019's start rolling in at the end of the year.

shibuyaterminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
The pricing did seem too good to be true but when they email you back regarding a specific vehicle and say a specific price that is invoice + $500, it’s a little annoying to get to the dealer only to find that’s not the case. Then they start adding on additional fees to an already inflated price.

I wasn’t impressed.

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Hey Peter,

I spoke with Varsity about trying to get similar pricing to you and was told that it was only valid for factory orders, not vehicles on the lot. Oh well. My question is what, if any, additional fees did they charge you for on top of the $500 and tax. They are trying offering me invoice plus $2500 as well as several "additional fees" that I think are bogus.

I may just walk away and try and order one from somewhere else with the Invoice + $500.
Who did you speak with? Be sure to ask for Alex or Jon as they are aware of the deal we have been able to set up. The $500 over invoice will not apply to Jeep JL's they have on the lot, but does apply to factory orders. For JLU's they have on the lot they are willing to give our group $2500 over invoice. Why the difference? They are only allocated a set number of JLU's for delivery and they are not at this stage looking to discount them. Too much interest. So if you want one that is on the lot, expect to pay closer to MSRP. $2500 over invoice is actually pretty good in my mind. If you are willing to wait and factory order, this does not impact Varsity's allotment of JL's so they are happy to do the deal at $500 over invoice.

For the additional fees, here is the full breakdown:

1. Factory Order: $500 over invoice plus the following:
2. Destination fees (charged by Jeep = $1895) I have yet to hear of anyone in Canada being able to successfully negotiate a reduction in this fee.
3. Ken is correct, there is also a $100 Federal A/C Excise Tax. Nothing you can do about that one either.
4. The government also does charge a tire tax. Not very much, $20 total ($4 a tire)
5. AMVIC fee is $6.25 total. Again, a government fee and not negotiable.
6. Documentation fee, approximately $500 to tops of $695. Yes, the dealer does make a bit of money here. In Ontario the group there was able to get this fee waived, but I have not heard of any similar deals in Alberta or BC.

Invoice over $500 for a factory order is still the best deal I have heard of in BC or Alberta. Alex and Jon at Varsity are keen to do more factory orders, and I have found them to be fantastic. They are 100% transparent on what the various costs are, something I have found other dealers to be very shady about.

If you can't wait and want to drive home a new JLU today, then definitely go for the $2500 over invoice for what they have in stock.

Last edited:

shibuyaterminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Who did you speak with? Be sure to ask for Alex or Jon as they are aware of the deal we have been able to set up. The $500 over invoice will not apply to Jeep JL's they have on the lot, but does apply to factory orders. For JLU's they have on the lot they are willing to give our group $2500 over invoice. Why the difference? They are only allocated a set number of JLU's for delivery and they are not at this stage looking to discount them. Too much interest. So if you want one that is on the lot, expect to pay closer to MSRP. $2500 over invoice is actually pretty good in my mind. If you are willing to wait and factory order, this does not impact Varsity's allotment of JL's so they are happy to do the deal at $500 over invoice.

For the additional fees, here is the full breakdown:

1. Factory Order: $500 over invoice plus the following:
2. Destination fees (charged by Jeep = $1895) I have yet to hear of anyone in Canada being able to successfully negotiate a reduction in this fee.
3. Ken is correct, there is also a $100 Federal A/C Excise Tax. Nothing you can do about that one either.
4. The government also does charge a tire tax. Not very much, $20 total ($4 a tire)
5. AMVIC fee is $6.25 total. Again, a government fee and negotiable.
6. Documentation fee, approximately $500 to tops of $695. Yes, the dealer does make a bit of money here. In Ontario the group there was able to get this fee waived, but I have not heard of any similar deals in Alberta or BC.

Invoice over $500 for a factory order is still the best deal I have heard of in BC or Alberta. Alex and Jon at Varsity are keen to do more factory orders, and I have found them to be fantastic. They are 100% transparent on what the various costs are, something I have found other dealers to be very shady about.

If you can't wait and want to drive home a new JLU today, then definitely go for the $2500 over invoice for what they have in stock.
I hear what you are saying about the $2500 for the on the lot vehicles. It just annoys me to be told one price in an email for a specific vehicle only to find out it's not the price when I arrive.

Realistically for the vehicle I was looking at I could factory order a rubicon with exactly what I want for less so I'll probably do that.
Sponsored