Sponsored

Scaffold for Hardtop storage and removal works great

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
What is the height of the scaffolding? What I need is to get it through a door way that is 70 inches tall.
The assembled height is 74”. You could cut it shorter.

4FEBC9A6-5148-491D-8CC0-E35A4F454B97.png
Sponsored

SkipDog12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4 dr
Bought a scaffolding unit at Tractor Supply Co. on sale for $159. Very similar to the OP HD version. Set the scaffold unit at 4' off the ground (same as the installed height on the Jeep. Lifted it off the Jeep using my back and 'walked' it towards the back and onto the scaffold, assisted by my 5'2" wife. No problem. Both Freedom tops can be stored on the scaffold unit as shown. A couple of straps to make sure it doesn't move and done. It is very well balanced on the scaffold on its own, so it would not fall forward as you would think Scaffold can be raised up to about 6' as needed but I am leaving mine where it is for now. Pix included as requested.

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG

Last edited:

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Bought a scaffolding unit at Tractor Supply Co. on sale for $159. Very similar to the OP HD version. Set the scaffold unit at 4' off the ground (same as the installed height on the Jeep. Lifted it off the Jeep using my back and 'walked' it towards the back and onto the scaffold, assisted by my 5'2" wife. No problem. Both Freedom tops can be stored on the scaffold unit as shown. A couple of straps to make sure it doesn't move and done. It is very well balanced on the scaffold on its own, so it would fall forward as you would think Scaffold can be raised up to about 6' as needed but I am leaving mine where it is for now. Pix included as requested.

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG
On my way to get one tomorrow morning now, thank you!

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Great idea. Going to get one this weekend for our JLs. Should be able to get both on there once I build a second shelf

Brett

Mike617

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Sahara JLU
Picked mine up yesterday from Home Depot - works great! I also have a home made wooden version that I made a couple of years ago for my JK, if anyone in the Boston area wants it just hit me up and it's yours free.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Ordered on Ebay $168 free shipped , no tax.
Pro-Series GSSI Multi Purpose Scaffolding, 6-Feet
Looks like I might be the first 2 door. I’ll post some pictures. On the 2 Door dimension D is 49”

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Bought a scaffolding unit at Tractor Supply Co. on sale for $159. Very similar to the OP HD version. Set the scaffold unit at 4' off the ground (same as the installed height on the Jeep. Lifted it off the Jeep using my back and 'walked' it towards the back and onto the scaffold, assisted by my 5'2" wife. No problem. Both Freedom tops can be stored on the scaffold unit as shown. A couple of straps to make sure it doesn't move and done. It is very well balanced on the scaffold on its own, so it would not fall forward as you would think Scaffold can be raised up to about 6' as needed but I am leaving mine where it is for now. Pix included as requested.

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG
Going to pick this up, but will this fit in the back of the JL? Just making sure. Thanks for the photos also.

Bstran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2017 F150
Going to pick this up, but will this fit in the back of the JL? Just making sure. Thanks for the photos also.
Yes it fits in the back of a JLU anyhow, I just went and got one myself. Had to go in at an angle, and move the front seat up but no issues. Also Harbor freight had a deal on moving blankets for $5, so it is ready for me to pull the top as soon as the weather cooperates.

OP. Thanks for posting, this meets my needs perfectly

Sponsored

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Yes it fits in the back of a JLU anyhow, I just went and got one myself. Had to go in at an angle, and move the front seat up but no issues. Also Harbor freight had a deal on moving blankets for $5, so it is ready for me to pull the top as soon as the weather cooperates.

OP. Thanks for posting, this meets my needs perfectly
Great! Good to know! Thank you for the feedback.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Any vids of it being used by a single person yet? I want to see the twister contortions

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Set this up the other day, ignore the clutter and low lighting; rainy day and I worked on the Jeep today, so parts went everywhere

Love this setup, took maybe 15 minutes to assemble the scaffolding. Personally, I will not be taking the top off/putting it on unless I have a second pair of hands. Took me awhile and cost a couple scratches

HT storage.jpg

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Just wanted to thank the OP....Brilliant application

Doc
Sponsored