Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Moabs have dried up in the VA area. Tons earlier in the year but a recent check, and the local dealerships only have 1-2 in stock.
Hi Ken, my name is Todd, I live in the Fairfax County area, my Moab is same as yours, sting-grey, I bought it at Dulles Jeep last fall, mine is a 2018. Just curious how yours is holding up so far and any issues and how your steering is ? cheers
Sponsored

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Hi Ken, my name is Todd, I live in the Fairfax County area, my Moab is same as yours, sting-grey, I bought it at Dulles Jeep last fall, mine is a 2018. Just curious how yours is holding up so far and any issues and how your steering is ? cheers
Hey Todd - My 2019 Moab is doing great! Just broke 2000 miles since 3/27 (purchased in MD from Len Stoler). Adding a roof rack and winch soon, but other than that very little mods. Steering is a little "floaty", but overall very responsive... The tires probably need to be deecreased by a few pounds since temps are getting hot.

Almost purchased from Dulles Jeep, but they just sold the Sting-gray at the time. Are you having issues with the steering?

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I would describe my Moab steering as floaty but not seeing the death wobble or anything like that, it just floats a bit more than I would like laterally from side to side as the pitch of the road changes. Overall very happy with my vehicle !

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
I would describe my Moab steering as floaty but not seeing the death wobble or anything like that, it just floats a bit more than I would like laterally from side to side as the pitch of the road changes. Overall very happy with my vehicle !
Sweet! My wife has only driven the vehicle a few times, but she doesn't like the feeling. I'll probably do something to stiffen up the steering... there have been some good posts for aftermarket components that seems to help.

Stay in touch, I'm a few miles from the airport.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Thinking about a Moab, but there are not many on the lots. Is that a good sign (selling out) or a bad sign (no demand for them).
I don't think it's necessarily a good or a bad sign. If you look at any vehicle, dealerships tend to carry more in the lower trim levels than in the upper trim levels due to sticker shock. Many buyers will see the Moab's price point and instantly be scared away, and not even consider it. Therefore dealers are going to keep plenty of Sports and stripped-down Sahara's & Rubi's on the lots, because they can keep the price point under $40k. There are simply way more buyers at those price points than at $50k, so the dealers will stock accordingly.

Now it is worth noting that Jeep has historically only kept SE's for 2ish model years. The Moab was released at the tail end of the 2018 model year. With the 2020 model year scheduled to begin production this summer, it's possible the Moab won't return as a '20 to make room for a new SE. I personally would expect it to continue through at least part of '20, but that is not guaranteed.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Deerhorn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
We test drove a MOAB and Rubicon. We did not feel much difference on the suspension. I thought the Rubicon would ride a bit rougher with the beefed up suspension. The Moab was quite noisy and bumpy with the tires that come with the MOAB (which I have read about). If we go with the MOAB, those tire would have to go.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
We test drove a MOAB and Rubicon. We did not feel much difference on the suspension. I thought the Rubicon would ride a bit rougher with the beefed up suspension. The Moab was quite noisy and bumpy with the tires that come with the MOAB (which I have read about). If we go with the MOAB, those tire would have to go.
Pretty sure that it was determined that the Moab has the same suspension as the Rubicon (or at least most of the parts). There was some debate back and forth and I think that's the consensus. But the Rubicon tires are definitely better!

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Pretty sure that it was determined that the Moab has the same suspension as the Rubicon (or at least most of the parts). There was some debate back and forth and I think that's the consensus. But the Rubicon tires are definitely better!
I can confirm... when I pulled the suspension off of my MOAB the part numbers matched the part numbers of the Rubicon suspension.

Deerhorn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
if it has the same suspension, why does the MOAB sit lower? I am not mechanically inclined, so just asking.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
if it has the same suspension, why does the MOAB sit lower? I am not mechanically inclined, so just asking.
Like Sean mentioned the tires are 32", which is an inch smaller than the stock rubicon wheels. The rubicon also has higher fenders which give the appearance of sitting higher.

Black Moab

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to share my latest project to all my fellow wranglers. I needed a somewhat secure area to keep stuff from blowing out and from wondering eyes when the top and doors are off but i didn't want to spend $500+ for it so i decided to make my own tonneau cover out of 3/4 inch plywood, aluminum T-channel, truck bed liner, and foam weather stripping. it uses the factory hardtop bolts and holes and comes off in 2 pieces. Its not totally 100% waterproof around the roll bar and back seat and you can still fold the seats down to get to the back if someone really wants to steal something, but hey for less than $100 it keeps my stuff in on the highway and looks bada$$ and if a thief really wants to steal your stuff, they will find a way in regardless.

Tonneau cover.jpg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to share my latest project to all my fellow wranglers. I needed a somewhat secure area to keep stuff from blowing out and from wondering eyes when the top and doors are off but i didn't want to spend $500+ for it so i decided to make my own tonneau cover out of 3/4 inch plywood, aluminum T-channel, truck bed liner, and foam weather stripping. it uses the factory hardtop bolts and holes and comes off in 2 pieces. Its not totally 100% waterproof around the roll bar and back seat and you can still fold the seats down to get to the back if someone really wants to steal something, but hey for less than $100 it keeps my stuff in on the highway and looks bada$$ and if a thief really wants to steal your stuff, they will find a way in regardless.

Tonneau cover.jpg
Looks pretty good.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara (White), 2019 Wrangler JLU Moab (Black)
Got a black 2019 MOAB and been enjoying it. I would have to agree with some posts here that the tires are trash. What are folks replacing it with? How far can you go without a lift on stock rims? I've heard 295/70R17 is the max.
Sponsored