Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Yes, you could tell something was off, it was like driving home after wheeling with mud caked on one of your wheels.
Thx man - hopefully replacing the tire this coming week fixes everything

In meantime have to put about 2-300 miles on these before replacement hoping doesn’t wear too much on the suspension
Dont drive it like that if its that bad

Throw your stocks on and be patient

Driving 300miles on an unbalanced wheel/tire isnt good for the vehicle
Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Dont drive it like that if its that bad

Throw your stocks on and be patient

Driving 300miles on an unbalanced wheel/tire isnt good for the vehicle
I unfortunately don’t have a choice right now - the only good thing is my JLUR just hit 1K miles so I’m not riding on a suspension that has a ton of wear on it. Don’t know what else to do and don’t have an option of flat bedding it to nyc from Rhode Island right now

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
A rim that is made specifically for the JL??

There is no such thing as car specific rims(excluding very few million dollar cars)

What's so special about it?

Again, what are the specs on your rims bud
sure there is. having correct hub bore is a good thing. that offset is ideal for a 35.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
I’d run on the rear so you don’t feel it in the steering wheel, but it shouldn’t hurt anything, more of a nuisance.
I know for a fact the unbalanced tire is in the rear - I took it to a shop to do road force balancing after first shop didn’t balance them at all and they’re the ones that found the issue. All 3 on the JLUR right now are road force balanced properly. There is one on the rear passenger side not balanced / could not be balanced which is what I believe has been causing the vibration in seat and driving noise with minimal steering wheel vibration

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
I unfortunately don’t have a choice right now - the only good thing is my JLUR just hit 1K miles so I’m not riding on a suspension that has a ton of wear on it. Don’t know what else to do and don’t have an option of flat bedding it to nyc from Rhode Island right now
No spare tire?

Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
I know for a fact the unbalanced tire is in the rear - I took it to a shop to do road force balancing after first shop didn’t balance them at all and they’re the ones that found the issue. All 3 on the JLUR right now are road force balanced properly. There is one on the rear passenger side not balanced / could not be balanced which is what I believe has been causing the vibration in seat and driving noise with minimal steering wheel vibration
You sure it's not the new KM3s making you think one is off balance?

What about using your spare tire for meantime?

....something sounds off

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
No spare tire?
That’s the issue - 2 of the 5 could not be road force balanced.

I don’t know if this is caused by the original tire shop not balancing them at all. I left there and on highway noticed the vibration, that’s when I took it to shop to get road force balanced and they noticed not a single weight was put on. Since then, 2 of the 5 tires cannot be road force balanced (they are being replaced free of charge) but I still need to deal with driving on the one tire on back not being balanced for 200 miles or so

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
You sure it's not the new KM3s making you think one is off balance?

What about using your spare tire for meantime?

....something sounds off
What else could it be, though? Bead not proper on one of the tires? I researched and saw guys running KM3s with no issues.

I already know the tire on back passenger side is not balanced properly. The Jeep has 1k miles on the odometer and drove great up until this new setup was put on

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
sure there is. having correct hub bore is a good thing. that offset is ideal for a 35.
You can buy any rim with the same offset and spec setup.

Nothing about that rim is JL or Gladiator specific.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
What else could it be, though? Bead not proper on one of the tires? I researched and saw guys running KM3s with no issues.

I already know the tire on back passenger side is not balanced properly. The Jeep has 1k miles on the odometer and drove great up until this new setup was put on
My point is the KM3s ride rougher...they are not on/off road like KO2s

You sure the new tires aren't messin with you?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
My point is the KM3s ride rougher...they are not on/off road like KO2s

You sure the new tires aren't messin with you?
I guess I’ll know next week after the new tires arrive and the 4th tire actually touching the ground is properly road force balanced. I’ve had MTRs before and never had this much of a vibration in seat or on highway while driving and the noise sounds like what someone mentioned - sounds like mud or snow stuck in wheel after wheeling or snowstorm

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
I guess I’ll know next week after the new tires arrive and the 4th tire actually touching the ground is properly road force balanced. I’ve had MTRs before and never had this much of a vibration in seat or on highway while driving and the noise sounds like what someone mentioned - sounds like mud or snow stuck in wheel after wheeling or snowstorm
Goodluck keep us posted

Try dropping psi to 30 or 26ish(but go slow)

May help the vibration

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Goodluck keep us posted

Try dropping psi to 30 or 26ish(but go slow)

May help the vibration
Many thanks - will update next week

Does anyone know if driving on unbalanced tire for say 200-300 miles would cause it to be out of round or not possible to be balanced thereafter? Wondering if original shop not balancing any of the 5 wheels at all is to blame

Cannot believe have to make a fourth visit to resolve this issue

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I’ve bought tires before name brand mostly mt’s that were never round to begin with and had to send them back. A out of balance tire will make it feel like your whole rig is about to shake apart.
Sponsored