ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure you tell them when you bought it so they can send out the correct instructions. They have made some improvements since Black Friday and the correct instructions might help. I bought mine the same time and didn’t install till maybe January and there were differences

Brett
That was exactly the issue. MC emailed me the correct diagram for the set I bought and once I was able to see the orientation of the bracket in the diagram it all made sense and bolted in without issue.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted the 285/75-17 (34”) Ridge Grapples with Quadratec Hard Rock rims that I had on my JKUR. Look good and fit great on the JLUR.

8F2E9045-32C3-4706-A54C-1380EEAC88AC.jpeg

097F4F93-95F2-4B26-BB72-32BDCEB1E33E.jpeg

OEM BFG KO2 285/70-17 on the left Ridge Grappler 285/75-17 on the right

724B7FEB-FDA1-48F2-B0DC-2286DF702D9E.jpeg

C56219B8-EC16-4CDD-BF3D-AEEC67974EEA.jpeg

Last edited:

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Some simple mods today. A Rydonair 13" Antenna and the AVS Aeroskin II Bug Shield. Radio signal didn't change much. Not sure if the bug shield works or if I like it. We'll see....I should be done for awhile unless I find some 37's cheap. In the meantime. I'll be saving for the Rugged Ridge tube doors. :like:

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
They are DoubleTake mirrors. We are discussing it on this thread here. I’d like to take credit for it, but @Moto_21 came up with the idea and I just went with a different styled mirror. So my thanks goes to him

Doorless Mirrors?
Haha you can take credit if you want. Youve posted a lot more on it than i have! Im just glad people liked the idea lol

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Haha you can take credit if you want. Youve posted a lot more on it than i have! Im just glad people liked the idea lol
I would like to think that there are other mirror manufacturers that make a 1” ram ball style mount? The possibilities are endless then!!! :)

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to think that there are other mirror manufacturers that make a 1” ram ball style mount? The possibilities are endless then!!! :)
True that! Lol can very well use the mount for anything!

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Day 29.1

Got my GMRS Radios in. MXT275 for Jeep and a couple X Talker handhelds to pass out if someone needs one or I go hiking. Purchased my GMRS license yesterday. $70 for 10 years, no test, any immediate family member is covered by your license. More power, clearer signal!

Midland has 20% off right now! No tax, free shipping.

Screenshot_20190522-231336_ES File Explorer Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20190522-225826_Chrome.jpg

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was hoping the delete pipe wouldn’t be over 95db. I plan on getting one.
I had the Flowmaster delete pipe on and took it back off again. It sits in the garage as I type... I'm keeping it for when I put this State in the rearview mirror. My wife didn't like it anyway and it's her Jeep.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just looked it up and here's a quote from JeepJunkie

"I just installed the dynomax tailpipe after removing my muffler. The install was very simple and the fit was excellent.
I took decibel readings (JLUS with premium soft top):

Stock
Idle: 60 dB (measured outside at bumper next to tailpipe)
WOT: 2nd gear 69 dB (front seat, windows up, top up)

With dynomax pipe and no muffler
Idle: 70 dB (measured outside at rear bumper)
WOT: 2nd gear 79 dB (front seat, windows and top up)

I didn’t go on the highway yet, but I’ll take dB measurements when I do (stock on the highway with the muffler was 72 dB). It is surprisingly quiet in the cabin just cruising but I’ll get actual dB readings later."

I think we're good. Honestly I think it's more pronounced in the cabin than outside the vehicle since jeeps aren't great at noise isolation. It's absolutely quieter than the exhausts I hear on mustangs, camaros, and ricer fart can exhausts. I can't imagine anyone hassling you about this. If it was obnoxious I'd be getting dirty looks, but nobody seems to notice.
Theoretically 70 db is 10 times as loud as 60 db (in terms of energy), realistically 70db is about twice as loud as 60 db at normal hearing distance.
79 db is 10 times as loud as 69 db (in terms of energy), realistically 79db is about twice as loud as 69 db at normal hearing distance.

So no, not surprisingly quiet....
Actually quite a bit louder, its like listening to music on 50% volume and then turning it to max.

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Theoretically 70 db is 10 times as loud as 60 db (in terms of energy), realistically 70db is about twice as loud as 60 db at normal hearing distance.
79 db is 10 times as loud as 69 db (in terms of energy), realistically 79db is about twice as loud as 69 db at normal hearing distance.

So no, not surprisingly quiet....
Actually quite a bit louder, its like listening to music on 50% volume and then turning it to max.
Oh it’s definitely louder than stock, not arguing that which is why I said if you’re sensitive to aftermarket exhausts you won’t like it. I also stated it does have drone. I just don’t think it’s as loud as some of the other options or other exhausts on the road. The point of stating the db levels was to see if those is California could legally run this and it seems it makes it under the threshold.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Oh it’s definitely louder than stock, not arguing that which is why I said if you’re sensitive to aftermarket exhausts you won’t like it. I also stated it does have drone. I just don’t think it’s as loud as some of the other options or other exhausts on the road. The point of stating the db levels was to see if those is California could legally run this and it seems it makes it under the threshold.
OK I see, thanks.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Day 29.1

Got my GMRS Radios in. MXT275 for Jeep and a couple X Talker handhelds to pass out if someone needs one or I go hiking. Purchased my GMRS license yesterday. $70 for 10 years, no test, any immediate family member is covered by your license. More power, clearer signal!
I am more and more looking at adding one of these in addition to the CB. I think this is the year when we start to see more conversion away from CB to GMRS. Couple questions though.
1. Any antenna? Length still matter?
2. Do you need to tune the Antenna

Can I put a splitter on my CB PL259 and attach to both radios at the same time?