Sponsored

JL Audio Complete sound upgrade *LiteBrite* Video

JLsport2019

No. I have tweeters in a pod assembly above the 3.5 in drivers. I work at JL Audio and my Jeep was used for R&D. I believe the pods that hold the tweeter aren't available for purchase. Before the C7's I did have the C2 setup and sound quality was still a major improvement over stock. Soundbar is still stock just like in the video my setup more refined for achieving a better center stage. Kick panel speakers are still stock as well. I have 2 vxi amps 1000/1 for stealth boxes and a 600/6 for the front speakers.

20190521_195536.jpg
20190521_195452.jpg
I see, you have the C7 3.5" Components.
(4 speakers total).

..and the Knee Speakers are stock 4".
Sound Bar is also Stock.

So are the 6 speakers up front using the VX (DSP) amplifier 6 channel amp?

What is powering the Sound Bar?
Sponsored

JLsport2019

Wow...C7 speakers are $379 for ONE speaker.

Those must sound amazing compared to a 3.5" C2 coaxial on my dash.
Is there a huge difference?
I get headaches If the sound is too "bright". :-(

Can I skip the C7 tweeters and just use the C7 3.5" midRange?
(How are they compared to a C2 3.5")

Last edited by a moderator:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm glad to see JL coming out with upgrade options (now 100% JL in my JK). I do feel the stock system is pretty amazing compared to my other vehicles, though not quite as good as my '11 Range Rover Sport with the Logic7. Big upgrade though over my old JKs factory system. Not sure I'd spend the money to upgrade.

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I see, you have the C7 3.5" Components.
(4 speakers total).

..and the Knee Speakers are stock 4".
Sound Bar is also Stock.

So are the 6 speakers up front using the VX (DSP) amplifier 6 channel amp?

What is powering the Sound Bar?
Wow...C7 speakers are $379 for ONE speaker.

Those must sound amazing compared to a 3.5" C2 coaxial on my dash.
Is there a huge difference?
I get headaches If the sound is too "bright". :-(

Can I skip the C7 tweeters and just use the C7 3.5" midRange?
(How are they compared to a C2 3.5")

Lol yes they are pricey. I wouldn't recommend just getting the 3.5 CU's as they are component speakers. You would be missing the higher frequencies. The C7's are clearer the sound is almost realistic like it's live. I had the C2 for a year and I was able to rock out and never noticed any distortion from them. I wouldn't want to push one over the other cause they got the job done but if I stayed with the C2's I would still be happy and have some cash for other mods .

Let me ask the person who installed the system for how the wiring goes. He would know more.

JLsport2019

Lol yes they are pricey. I wouldn't recommend just getting the 3.5 CU's as they are component speakers. You would be missing the higher frequencies. The C7's are clearer the sound is almost realistic like it's live. I had the C2 for a year and I was able to rock out and never noticed any distortion from them. I wouldn't want to push one over the other cause they got the job done but if I stayed with the C2's I would still be happy and have some cash for other mods .

Let me ask the person who installed the system for how the wiring goes. He would know more.
Ok..
Since you work for JL Audio, you should find a site to give us what the sound is like?

ie... C2 vs C7.

ie....Regualr Amplifier vs VXi (DSP) Amplifier.

ie...check out this Kicker amp
with and with out DSP!!!!!
It auto calibrated DSP using pink noise!!!!...WOW

Sponsored

JLsport2019

I'm about to get a JL Audio VXi 6 channel Amplifier (DSP), powering 6 C2 coaxials.

(3.5" on dash, 4" Knee area, and two 6.5" in sound bar)

What JL Audio Store in the upstate NY area can tune these Vxi amps? (No Fix 86 so it's gonna be more advanced). Someone familiar with TUN' software via JL Audio.

I'm pretty sure just because a custom pro audio shop is selling JL Audio Products doesn't mean they know how to tune the newer Vxi amps (DSP).

I can drive to:
Northwest Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio,
Western New York, Ontario Canada...

Thanks all!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
specifically related to 2 door audio upgrades?

Still running the stock Alpine in my JL.

It's been fine and while not as solid as cars in the past, it'll do. Anything above 55 mph with the doors and top off and I just shut it down anyway.

:beer:
Sponsored