Sponsored

EAG Tubular Doors - great pricing

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Aw nuts. I just ordered these from Amazon and installed them last Friday. Missed that price. Still feels like a bargain with the price of some of the other doors out there, especially considering these came with mirrors. Couldn't be happier.

20190518_101004.jpg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Just ordered these because it seemed the deal was too good to pass up! So, I thought I'd share the details as they are almost $100 less compared to Amazon pricing. Only $348.49 and no cost for ground shipping. Unreal. They also have other EAG tubular doors, with pretty cool designs. Go check them out if you are in the market for half doors (I have zero connection to these guys, just Googled it and found the pricing.)

https://viciousoffroad.com/i-305152...-4-door-matrix-tubular-doors-with-mirror.html

M199068290.jpg

M199068291.jpg
Been thinking about getting these for a while as well. @Patinito has them and it sounds like he loves 'em.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Aw nuts. I just ordered these from Amazon and installed them last Friday. Missed that price. Still feels like a bargain with the price of some of the other doors out there, especially considering these came with mirrors. Couldn't be happier.

20190518_101004.jpg
31oujc.jpg

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax

20190518_101004.jpg
Very glad to hear this! Well, not that you paid more on Amazon, but that you like them. But you are totally correct, even the Amazon price seems ridiculously low.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax

20190518_101004.jpg
Easy install?

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have had them for a couple months now, quality is very good, Frankly the main difference that the ones twice as much or more is the tube diameter, with is 1/1/8" however they actually fit in the door jam whereas the others with the over sized tubes do not fit well and protrude well beyond the side body of the Wrangler. With the Netting most of the tube is not exposed anyway. What I really like is their door latch set up (EAG) unlike many of the high end doors that have totally exposed mechanics the EAG is compartmetalized in a matching painted box it looks finished as well the adjustment is easy and solid no door rattle at all.

half%20doors%203%20-%20Copy_zpslxsf4d0a.jpg

Last edited:

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
question for lightsout, one thing I read was the hinge bolt is about 1/2 inch too long for the JL hinges?
Which can allow it to move vertically in the hinges.
Did you experience this as well?
If so I already have a fix for that, I have 1/2" bolt sleeves at work from Monitors I have installed in offices that would be perfect to eliminate that gap

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Easy install?
It was. They're not assembled and the instructions are pretty lacking but theres nothing too complicated about them. Bolting the hinges and mirrors to the doors took about an hour and half then it's just a matter of swapping the doors out. There is a little adjustment to be made on the latches but all it takes is an Allen wrench. My one tip to give is that the single mirror "wedge" goes on the drivers side, it might make more sense if you put that mirror on with the doors on so you can visually see what needs to be done Because the instructions didnt explain it.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
It was. They're not assembled and the instructions are pretty lacking but theres nothing too complicated about them. Bolting the hinges and mirrors to the doors took about an hour and half then it's just a matter of swapping the doors out. There is a little adjustment to be made on the latches but all it takes is an Allen wrench. My one tip to give is that the single mirror "wedge" goes on the drivers side, it might make more sense if you put that mirror on with the doors on so you can visually see what needs to be done Because the instructions didnt explain it.
Awesome tip, thank you very much! I've found most instructions to be lacking for mods/accessories, strangely.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Did you experience any issues with the hinge bolt that ChrispyJL is wondering about (see the post above yours)?

Sponsored

Jmorris7658

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I ordered these on Tuesday and they are being delivered today. Hope to get them on tonight after work.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
question for lightsout, one thing I read was the hinge bolt is about 1/2 inch too long for the JL hinges?
Which can allow it to move vertically in the hinges.
Did you experience this as well?
If so I already have a fix for that, I have 1/2" bolt sleeves at work from Monitors I have installed in offices that would be perfect to eliminate that gap

I only install one bolt per door, even on the stock doors I only use one bolt I do not see any vertical movement however I have not been off road with them yet, Ace Hardware has a nice selection of black plastic as well as rubber sleeves, I will give that a look, Thanks for the tip i probably should address that

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I only install one bolt per door, even on the stock doors I only use one bolt I do not see any vertical movement however I have not been off road with them yet, Ace Hardware has a nice selection of black plastic as well as rubber sleeves, I will give that a look, Thanks for the tip i probably should address that
Wait, what? You only install one bolt per door, including on the stock doors? My OCD mind simply cannot comprehend this.

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Did you experience any issues with the hinge bolt that ChrispyJL is wondering about (see the post above yours)?
I did not. The hinge bolts matched the stock doors exactly (long bolt on top and short on bottom). I basically ended up only putting one of the caps on per door just to make swapping easier but all the parts functioned and fit.
Sponsored