Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Here is how the Straps help.

Also, I got my seat covers last night, Im excited to put them on!

IMG_3120.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried mounting my dashcam with a Velcro strap on the roll bar and an antivibration board meant for a drone. im not sure if it helped or not yet.

IMG_3124.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I get satisfaction when filming bad drivers around me and advertising their wrongdoings on the internet. might as well blast it out to the world that they're jerks. maybe someone important will see it. never know! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you can tell, the video stabilizer I rigged up pretty much sucks. correction...totally sucks. the resolution in the last video was 4k at 24fps. I was able to save this screenshot and still zoom in enough to read the license plate as seen in the photos. im fairly impressed I could read the plate with the terrible bouncing of the video going on. I can recommend the Rove Camera.

042719_close_up.jpg

042719_cut_me_off.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Passed this nice JLU on the freeway. Horrible camera bouncing with that mount I made.

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I got a cheap dash cam on amazon for the rear camera. its called Thieye.it was less that $40 dollars and the video isn't half bad. Reviewed the footage today and saw what looked like a guy almost spilling his coffee.

The dash cam itself mounts perfectly on the tailgate with a suction cup as shown. and there is a power supply right there too! Although it seems to be a constant power supply so you have to unplug if you don't want to record.

View attachment 177422

IMG_3177.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is where it mounts. it works great if you don't have the windows on. I haven't tried it with windows yet.

IMG_3178.PNG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just saw that Rough Country discontinued the 3.5" lift that fit the 2-door model of jl. I wonder why...

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

you gotta see 4:10 with the jeep crash. its amazing.

WIRubicon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Turbo Ocean Blue, '17 MX-5 RF, '17 Subaru Imprezza Sport - Past '10 JKU Mountain Edition, '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '02 4-Runner, '96 4-Runner
I see that you have an AVS deflector. Have you found an increase in wind noise or extra turbulence with your soft top since installing it? I heard a couple of negative reviews on it but there are not a lot of reviews out there and I have it sitting here in a box. Debating whether to put it on my JLUR or return it. Thanks.

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that you have an AVS deflector. Have you found an increase in wind noise or extra turbulence with your soft top since installing it? I heard a couple of negative reviews on it but there are not a lot of reviews out there and I have it sitting here in a box. Debating whether to put it on my JLUR or return it. Thanks.
I haven't noticed anything other than I haven't had any rocks hit my windshield since I put it on. I had a rock hit my windshield pretty good on the way home from the dealership the day I bought it and put this on right away. 7000 miles later and nothing hitting the windshield.

WIRubicon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Turbo Ocean Blue, '17 MX-5 RF, '17 Subaru Imprezza Sport - Past '10 JKU Mountain Edition, '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '02 4-Runner, '96 4-Runner
Thanks Wint. Any concerns about taking it off it it does cause issues?
Sponsored