Sponsored

Arizona Trail Run Thread

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

That’s pretty cool wildcat. Yeah I’m not real big on going too far into caves alone but that’s a cool pic. I just did Castle Hot Springs Road by Lake Pleasant. Not very exciting but pleasant enough. Weather was changing between wind/rain/sun, interesting light out there

6A0E6766-DE06-4701-92F0-4023B3F4A07A.jpeg

5AD0A881-D5B9-4A64-B4CA-FBD0F7375059.jpeg
Sponsored

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
that looks like a good time, we have been wanting to do a mine / ghost town run for a while now, but they are more remote than the other areas we have been hitting so holding off until we can get a few others to go for saftey reasons. how would you rate the trip you took? looks like you ran it alone, fairly easy trails?
Most of my stuff is solo since I have a hard time finding anyone to go with me on such short notice, and sometimes I don’t even know what I’m doing until I get out there. Thing about Mines: they’re closer to civilization than you think...

That one in the picture is 12 miles from a town. All 2wd bumpy ass road. Now once AT the Mine, the real fun 4 Wheelin begins!

Copper Queen and Binghampton. Both by Mayer. Others in the area as well.

https://www.mindat.org/loc-46971.html

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you guys wanna go look at mines. I think it’s a cool part of that rugged, adventurous history Arizona has.

I might know where a few of them are.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you guys wanna go look at mines. I think it’s a cool part of that rugged, adventurous history Arizona has.

I might know where a few of them are.
I am always up for exploring, and can go with little to no notice. I try to post on here and the four corners offroad Facebook group when I do go in case anyone wants to join us. If you have something short notice feel free to message me in here as well. This is the only weekend we may not run as its our anniversary, but then again mu wife loves the outdoors (maybe even more than me) so may end up out anyways. We have started to look a little further out as well. Down by the border, into the grand canyon, and canyon de Chelly. We really want to hit CO, but upper elevation is still pretty snow packed.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Spontaneous thread revival after 2 years of being dormant...

Going to run the Backroad to Crown King tomorrow. Will start from Castle Hot Springs road around 10am. Expecting clouds and some rain. PM me if interested to join.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Spontaneous thread revival after 2 years of being dormant...

Going to run the Backroad to Crown King tomorrow. Will start from Castle Hot Springs road around 10am. Expecting clouds and some rain. PM me if interested to join.
As soon as my new(est) JLUR order comes in I plan to run as often as I can. will be a few weeks so will have to sit this one out but keep posting on here when you want to go, or any of the Local FB groups.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as my new(est) JLUR order comes in I plan to run as often as I can. will be a few weeks so will have to sit this one out but keep posting on here when you want to go, or any of the Local FB groups.
Will do. Thanks.
What do you have spec’ed out for the new JLUR?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Will do. Thanks.
What do you have spec’ed out for the new JLUR?
I actually have 2 buit out, waiting to get to a dealership to drive the engine options back to back before I make a fnal decision. I have had 3 JLURs all with the 3.6 so far. on this one (#4) I was planning to go Eco-diesel or 4XE, however now I have moved away from the 4XE and am deciding between the Eco-diesel and 2.0. I am pretty set on the Diesel, but quite a few people have said to give the 2.0 a try as it is a pretty impressive match for the Rubicon and 8 speed auto. I am pretty sure Ill go with the diesel, but if the 2.0 impresses me Ill give it a try. worst case scenario is after a year ill sell it and then buy a different one.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have 2 buit out, waiting to get to a dealership to drive the engine options back to back before I make a fnal decision. I have had 3 JLURs all with the 3.6 so far. on this one (#4) I was planning to go Eco-diesel or 4XE, however now I have moved away from the 4XE and am deciding between the Eco-diesel and 2.0. I am pretty set on the Diesel, but quite a few people have said to give the 2.0 a try as it is a pretty impressive match for the Rubicon and 8 speed auto. I am pretty sure Ill go with the diesel, but if the 2.0 impresses me Ill give it a try. worst case scenario is after a year ill
I actually have 2 buit out, waiting to get to a dealership to drive the engine options back to back before I make a fnal decision. I have had 3 JLURs all with the 3.6 so far. on this one (#4) I was planning to go Eco-diesel or 4XE, however now I have moved away from the 4XE and am deciding between the Eco-diesel and 2.0. I am pretty set on the Diesel, but quite a few people have said to give the 2.0 a try as it is a pretty impressive match for the Rubicon and 8 speed auto. I am pretty sure Ill go with the diesel, but if the 2.0 impresses me Ill give it a try. worst case scenario is after a year ill sell it and then buy a different one.
Personally, I’d go diesel too. Let me know when you take delivery and want to go wheeling.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
3 of us did Anaconda (Table Mesa area)on Tuesday. I don’t have any pics of me in this slot, as both spotters were watching body and tire placement. We have very few pics as we kept moving along quickly and only got out to spot. After Anaconda, we played around on Upper Terminator.

The JLU is about as long of a vehicle as you can take on this trail. Taking the doors off and leaving the soft top fully up is a nice way to wheel. It keeps the sun off but still allows for great visibility.

19C3B452-7F49-4FCE-919E-E6D71196CDD6.jpeg

241E606E-7AA8-42AD-B1CD-8D20A93AECBB.jpeg

C47CC74A-6296-4017-9FF6-CB783975713F.jpeg

B52B2672-4C41-4E57-9C6D-B6A8803AE767.jpeg

7EFB5053-80A7-420A-B76F-CB4CF0B6A7F5.jpeg

Longhair1957

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Occupation
Retired
Here’s a short 3 minute video highlighting the Backroad to Crown King trail run we did earlier this week.
YouTube Video Link
Was the Mill restaurant open? I haven’t been up there for around 15 years. They had the BEST food in town. Got there for a HUGE breakfast! Delicious!
Sponsored