Sponsored

Steering issue - Aftermarket parts

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Hey all,
So my jeep was one of the ones that had/has the loose steering. I tightened the steering box a 1/4" and it it fixed most of it but it still has some slop. I follow most of the steering threads on here.

I have stock sport S suspension and have no plans to lift it. I've been reading about people putting on an aftermarket track bar and lower control arms to adjust the caster.

Can someone recommend me a good track bar knowing that i have no plans to lift it?

Also, for the LCA, can i replace my sport S LCA with Rubicons and just bolt them on? Since Rubicons have more lift than a sport s.

Thanks
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey all,
So my jeep was one of the ones that had/has the loose steering. I tightened the steering box a 1/4" and it it fixed most of it but it still has some slop. I follow most of the steering threads on here.

I have stock sport S suspension and have no plans to lift it. I've been reading about people putting on an aftermarket track bar and lower control arms to adjust the caster.

Can someone recommend me a good track bar knowing that i have no plans to lift it?

Also, for the LCA, can i replace my sport S LCA with Rubicons and just bolt them on? Since Rubicons have more lift than a sport s.

Thanks
Yeti Steer Smarts

LCAs on all trims are exactly the same.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thank you
You could however, order just the standalone 1/4" longer LCA (68322798AA) from Mopar 2" lift kit from either your dealer's parts department or mopar online stores, that will give you around +1 degree caster angle. Remember to order 2.
Sponsored