Sponsored

My EVO overland enforcer 2.5" stage4 w/King Review

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
My EVO overland enforcer 2.5" stage4 w/King Review - Here is a quick review based on only few days of driving, but being my daily driver, the before and after is very obvious. (NOTE: In additional to the EVO Kit, I also installed the Rancho spring isolator to minimize the Front Springs Bowing issue on the JLs)

I have a 2018 JLUR 3.6.

1> I should have gone with the 3.5" instead of the 2.5". Unlike many of the other 2/2.5" lift kit which raise 3-3.5", my Evo is at approx. 2.25-2.5" taller.
2> I am still on OEM 33" BFG. Cold Air pressure 34psi
3> My steering has been decent compares to the many complaints from this forum. When I first got the Jeep back in May last year, at first steering didn't like to return back to center after a turn, the problem went away after tire pressure dropped from 45psi to about 35psi, and it also seems to improve after I had it for 2-3 weeks.

In terms of the Pros and Cons with the new suspension setup. The only Con seems to be the increase weight (According to my wife)

Pros:
1> The Jeep is now running with a 6 degree Caster, and the steering response is hugely improved. It feels firm, no wobbling, and stable above 70mph.

2> Driving dynamic, less roll than stock, and minimal nose dive during braking.

3> When going over bumps, the initial response from the shocks is very similar to OEM, but it has this cushion feel toward the end.

The suspension will be re-torqued after 500 miles, and I originally plan on add track-bars, Tie-rod, draglink and SS which I have a feeling my Jeep wouldn't be needed.

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Signu616

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I'm going to pull the trigger between this setup or the Teraflex ST3 w/ Falcon 3.3 shocks. I'm under the assumption your setup should ride a bit softer than the Teraflex one? Great write-up!

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Looks good thx for the review.

Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is it just the way it is sitting, or does that left front wheel have a LOT of negative camber?

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Is it just the way it is sitting, or does that left front wheel have a LOT of negative camber?
It's the way the picture was taken. I need to re-take the picture somewhere else, and turn off some kind fo auto geometry setting from the camera..

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
My EVO overland enforcer 2.5" stage4 w/King Review - Here is a quick review based on only few days of driving, but being my daily driver, the before and after is very obvious. (NOTE: In additional to the EVO Kit, I also installed the Rancho spring isolator to minimize the Front Springs Bowing issue on the JLs)

I have a 2018 JLUR 3.6.

1> I should have gone with the 3.5" instead of the 2.5". Unlike many of the other 2/2.5" lift kit which raise 3-3.5", my Evo is at approx. 2.25-2.5" taller.
2> I am still on OEM 33" BFG. Cold Air pressure 34psi
3> My steering has been decent compares to the many complaints from this forum. When I first got the Jeep back in May last year, at first steering didn't like to return back to center after a turn, the problem went away after tire pressure dropped from 45psi to about 35psi, and it also seems to improve after I had it for 2-3 weeks.

In terms of the Pros and Cons with the new suspension setup. The only Con seems to be the increase weight (According to my wife)

Pros:
1> The Jeep is now running with a 6 degree Caster, and the steering response is hugely improved. It feels firm, no wobbling, and stable above 70mph.

2> Driving dynamic, less roll than stock, and minimal nose dive during braking.

3> When going over bumps, the initial response from the shocks is very similar to OEM, but it has this cushion feel toward the end.

The suspension will be re-torqued after 500 miles, and I originally plan on add track-bars, Tie-rod, draglink and SS which I have a feeling my Jeep wouldn't be needed.

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg
Any new impressions? Also, why do you wish you would have gotten 3.5 instead of 2.5...is travel limited or do you encounter rubbing? I’m thinking of doing this lift so appreciate your review and inputs..

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
Have you had any issues with the springs bowing on yours? I ask because I have the same lift and my front passenger is bowing quite a lot.

EDIT: Just read you installed the Rancho isolators, I'm guessing you don't have this issue then.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had any issues with the springs bowing on yours? I ask because I have the same lift and my front passenger is bowing quite a lot.

EDIT: Just read you installed the Rancho isolators, I'm guessing you don't have this issue then.
How do you like your lift, and what size tire are you running?

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
How do you like your lift, and what size tire are you running?
I’ve run the complete 2.5 and Kings kit for about a year and a half. Stage four, plus, the whole kit. On 37s with an Evo bumper, winch, heavy duty tire carrier, and steel rock rails...it sat really squat and in my honestly not very qualified opinion didn’t fare that well on trails. Constantly in my bump stops, and I think (!) the short coils limited the flex potential. The king shock are rated for 2.5 inch up to 5 inch. Just recently swapped on the Evo 3.5” coils, and added the rear track bar bracket to complete the 3.5”‘lift. The rear track bar bracket is included with the 3.5” kit, but not the 2.5” kit. I kind of feel like the 2.5” is great if you’re aiming for lowest center of gravity possible and still want to clear 37’s, but it’s not the most capable lift for 37’s. The 37’s did rub slightly in the rear before I chopped my fenders. Interested to see how much the 3.5” coils will settle in and compress, I hope it’s not too much. I think the 37s look better with the 3.5 lift, even with the space that the fender chop adds. I’ll get flamed for this, but if I had to do it all over again, I’d go Metalcloak but not their 6 pack shocks. Evo support is truly poor, whoever answers their phones and email gives wrong information and seems poorly informed.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve run the complete 2.5 and Kings kit for about a year and a half. Stage four, plus, the whole kit. On 37s with an Evo bumper, winch, heavy duty tire carrier, and steel rock rails...it sat really squat and in my honestly not very qualified opinion didn’t fare that well on trails. Constantly in my bump stops, and I think (!) the short coils limited the flex potential. The king shock are rated for 2.5 inch up to 5 inch. Just recently swapped on the Evo 3.5” coils, and added the rear track bar bracket to complete the 3.5”‘lift. The rear track bar bracket is included with the 3.5” kit, but not the 2.5” kit. I kind of feel like the 2.5” is great if you’re aiming for lowest center of gravity possible and still want to clear 37’s, but it’s not the most capable lift for 37’s. The 37’s did rub slightly in the rear before I chopped my fenders. Interested to see how much the 3.5” coils will settle in and compress, I hope it’s not too much. I think the 37s look better with the 3.5 lift, even with the space that the fender chop adds. I’ll get flamed for this, but if I had to do it all over again, I’d go Metalcloak but not their 6 pack shocks. Evo support is truly poor, whoever answers their phones and email gives wrong information and seems poorly informed.

Great info, thanks for taking the time :)
Sponsored