TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
We are proud to introduce our new JL H.E.R.O. Hood. H.E.R.O. stands for Heat Expulsion, Ram Opening and this hood does exactly that. We took all the functionality of our JK Heat Expulsion hood, added a fresh cold air ram opening and packaged it all under a more refined appearance. This hood features:

• Unique Two Stage Heat Reduction Design
    • This hood uses two sets of fully functional vents to expel the maximum amount of heat to reduce under hood temperatures. The two vents on the side of the hood are strategically placed to give heat being pushed back towards the firewall a way to exit the engine bay when your JL is traveling at speed while a second set of vents running the full length of the hood on each side of the cowl expel rising heat from the entire engine bay when your Jeep is traveling at slower speeds.
  • Ram Air Opening
    • The factory air box is somewhat limited in that all the fresh air it gets comes from the gap between the hood and fenders. To help get cool, clean fresh air into your engine, the front of the H.E.R.O Hood has a functional opening that channels air directly to the factory air box.
  • Refined Appearance
    • We wanted to take a more subtle design approach with the H.E.R.O. Hood without compromising any functionality. Our JK Hydra Channels have been replaced with phantom vents that still allow heat to escape but dont actually expose the opening. Instead you will almost have to take a double take to notice them. Couple that with the fact that the cowl of this hood is only 1 inch taller than a factory Rubicon hood cowl and you quickly realize that this hood packs a lot of functionality in a package that is just enough to differentiate yourself yet not too much to over advertise yourself.
  • Made in the U.S.A
    • This hood is proudly manufactured right here so your hard earned money stays inside our borders and helps support local business. Staying local also means that the strictest manufacturing processes are followed to deliver you a product with the utmost quality.
Hood does not come painted

Price: $990.00
$160.00 Flat rate shipping inside the Continental U.S.

You can purchase one by clicking the "Buy Now" button at: http://totlinnovations.com/jl-h-e-r-o-hood/

TOTL_Innovations_Jeep_JL_2.jpg

TOTL_Innovations_Jeep_JL_1.jpg

TOTL_Innovations_Jeep_JL_3.jpg
Sponsored

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Something that sounds technical, but it's not.
  • Unique Two Stage Heat Reduction Design
    • This hood uses two sets of fully functional vents to expel the maximum amount of heat to reduce under hood temperatures. The two vents on the side of the hood are strategically placed to give heat being pushed back towards the firewall a way to exit the engine bay when your JL is traveling at speed while a second set of vents running the full length of the hood on each side of the cowl expel rising heat from the entire engine bay when your Jeep is traveling at slower speeds.
  • Ram Air Opening
    • The factory air box is somewhat limited in that all the fresh air it gets comes from the gap between the hood and fenders. To help get cool, clean fresh air into your engine, the front of the H.E.R.O Hood has a functional opening that channels air directly to the factory air box.
  • Refined Appearance
    • We wanted to take a more subtle design approach with the H.E.R.O. Hood without compromising any functionality. Our JK Hydra Channels have been replaced with phantom vents that still allow heat to escape but dont actually expose the opening. Instead you will almost have to take a double take to notice them. Couple that with the fact that the cowl of this hood is only 1 inch taller than a factory Rubicon hood cowl and you quickly realize that this hood packs a lot of functionality in a package that is just enough to differentiate yourself yet not too much to over advertise yourself.
  • Made in the U.S.A
    • This hood is proudly manufactured right here so your hard earned money stays inside our borders and helps support local business. Staying local also means that the strictest manufacturing processes are followed to deliver you a product with the utmost quality.
I like the idea behind these hood features. Do you have images of the underside? Curious about the layout, heat shielding, etc.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
TOTL Innovations

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
I like the idea behind these hood features. Do you have images of the underside? Curious about the layout, heat shielding, etc.

Thanks
65F4612C-1E27-4609-84EE-A23814878756.jpeg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Totally understood about not shipping them painted. And I love this hood. I first saw this hood on LiteBrite’s @Kevin8086 YouTube channel, so quick shout out to them. They show the underside, how all the stock hardware is used, etc. I am new to this, if you have any guidance for me, I would appreciate it. Do, I go to a dealer and ask them to paint it, how to get the proper color, do Jeep shops do this? Any knowledge you have, or anyone, to help me understand my next steps after this arrives, would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TOTL Innovations

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Totally understood about not shipping them painted. And I love this hood. I first saw this hood on LiteBrite’s @Kevin8086 YouTube channel, so quick shout out to them. The show the underside, how all the stock hardware is used, etc. I am new to this, if you have any guidance for me, I would appreciate it. Do, I go to a dealer and ask them to paint it, how to get the proper color, do Jeep shops do this? Any knowledge you have, or anyone, to help me understand my next steps after this arrives, would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.
Any reputable paint shop shouldnt have any issues painting it. A dealership usually has its own body shop or a local one associated with it but it doesnt have to be your only choice. I would research which shops in your area have a good reputation and then contact them for a quote.

Your color code should be printed on the inside of your driver door jam so the shop will use that to get a color going for you.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Any reputable paint shop shouldnt have any issues painting it. A dealership usually has its own body shop or a local one associated with it but it doesnt have to be your only choice. I would research which shops in your area have a good reputation and then contact them for a quote.

Your color code should be printed on the inside of your driver door jam so the shop will use that to get a color going for you.
Your location says Colorado, are the hoods in Colorado? I could swing by and pick one up, rather than paying shipping. Where in Colorado? Please feel free to personal message me, if you would rather.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
So having owned Ram Air cars in the past, how does the hood feed the box? It looks like the air just goes into the engine bay and sits there to heat up before being pulled into the engine. Do you have an adapter that goes with it?

OP
OP
TOTL Innovations

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
So having owned Ram Air cars in the past, how does the hood feed the box? It looks like the air just goes into the engine bay and sits there to heat up before being pulled into the engine. Do you have an adapter that goes with it?
If you scroll up a bit to post #7, there is a picture of the underside of the hood. Looking at the picture, in the lower right hand corner of the hood, you will see an opening from where the air is channeled from the Ram Air opening.

If you look at your factory air box, it is fed from a "chamber" that is sealed off from the engine bay and gets all of its fresh air from the gap between the hood and fenders/grille. The opening from the hood feeds this chamber.
Sponsored