Air Conditioning / power windows/ locks- questions

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ll be new to the Wrangler and definitely looking at the JL as my next vehicle.

I’m curious why the 4 door unlimited sport comes with standard AC but the 2 door doesn’t.

It also seems odd in this day and age that any vehicle would even have manual windows or door locks anymore.
Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
It's just a marketing decision which was carried over from the JK model.

Perhaps they're betting that the people who buy the unlimited are mostly families which want an SUV alternative while the 2 door buyers are looking at more of a weekend toy.

OP
OP
MikeM1968

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's just a marketing decision which was carried over from the JK model.

Perhaps they're betting that the people who buy the unlimited are mostly families which want an SUV alternative while the 2 door buyers are looking at more of a weekend toy.
Thanks

Yeah- I’m not planning on any off roading, but I’m ready to retire my little 4 cylinder 11 year old Dodge Caliber and upgrade to something a little more ( ahem ) “rugged”. Plus where I live now for the last 7 years the winding roads can get really terrible. When it snows, it’s definitely not as great as when I lived in the city in terms of snow removal. It’ll still just primarily be my commuter vehicle to work ( which is only 12 miles away).

I primarily ride a motorcycle in warmer weather, so I’m thinking a JL sport S might suit me- I’m not sure how well the soft tops hold up under snow etcetera or if a hard top would be my best bet since winter in Northwestern NJ is when I’d be primarily using it. This winter has been fairly mild, but we can get some big storms with several feet of snow. My only car shelter here is a tent style car port. As someone who’s approaching 50 and may not ride the MC forever- it’ll become my full time year around vehicle. Possibly the last new car I ever buy.

As someone who works on my own car and my wife’s 2012 Jeep Liberty - I think the wrangler is a pretty sound choice as these Chrysler vehicles have been fairly straightforward to work on simple stuff like suspension, steering brakes etc. Having those authentic Mopar service manuals has saved my wife and I untold dollars in repair costs

Last edited:

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be new to the Wrangler and definitely looking at the JL as my next vehicle.

I’m curious why the 4 door unlimited sport comes with standard AC but the 2 door doesn’t.

It also seems odd in this day and age that any vehicle would even have manual windows or door locks anymore.
Jeeps have always come with A/C as an option since sometime around the CJ-5 era maybe (I don't remember exactly when). Same with manual locks and Windows since...ever...Willy I guess....back when they didn't have Windows lol.

It's not about this day and age for a jeep, it's about giving customers the option not to pay for something they do not want. Its also a hat tip back to Jeeps heritage. Your new to jeeps so thats a freebie lesson lol. Next one might cost you a BMW driver reference lol.
Sponsored