Anyone own a Top Lift Pro?

Iamten7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I don’t mind paying premium price for a quality product and actually shop for those items, however, I have a hard time swallowing the Top Lift Pro (TLP) $1000+ price tag.

I’ve researched all the ceiling hoist, the freedom jack, and in my opinion, the TLP is by far the easiest and most convenient way to remove a JLU hardtop solo.

Has anyone upgraded to the TLP from the freedom jack or some hoist? Is it worth the premium price from all those other options? Do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don’t mind paying premium price for a quality product and actually shop for those items, however, I have a hard time swallowing the Top Lift Pro (TLP) $1000+ price tag.

I’ve researched all the ceiling hoist, the freedom jack, and in my opinion, the TLP is by far the easiest and most convenient way to remove a JLU hardtop solo.

Has anyone upgraded to the TLP from the freedom jack or some hoist? Is it worth the premium price from all those other options? Do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!
Yes I have one and although expensive it is worth it for me. I started with a hoist system, but didn’t care for it. The hoist systems are inexpensive and effective, but can be cumbersome to use. My garage ceiling is only about 9’ and where I have to mount the hoist point is right at the steel support beam so it lowers the max lift height. The other challenge I’ve had with the hoist is if you don’t back in right on the mark you are still gonna need two people to make sure the top lines up so as not to scratch anything.

The TLP on the other hand makes it a simple one person operation to take the top off and put it back on. There are plenty of vids demonstrating their benefits so I’ll let them speak for themselves. The quality of construction is very good, and should be at this price point. The price of course is the sticking point for many and I hesitated dropping the coin. Hence my first attempt with a hoist system, but as they say buy once cry once....

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I just can’t get my head wrapped around that price tag. Also, the wheels on it need to be bigger so it can be used on gravel or grass. I was toying around with the idea of building one myself since I weld on the side, but in the end, I thought buying a soft top and switching out summer for winter like I did in my previous jeeps was a better fit for what I do. I’ve been caught in a bad thunderstorm before with no top years ago....kids had fun, but wife not happy...not happening again!

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my TLP sitting in its box since I bought it to be completely honest. It was the first thing I bought it early last year and I find that I rarely take my top off and just use the freedom panels.

I think I've taken my top off once maybe twice in the last year..

I found I just find myself too uncomfortable parking the jeep with no top somewhere than I expected. But I'm also in a huge city with plenty of crime. And our weather has been absolutely ridiculous the last few years. 3 days of sun then a weekend of rain just about every weekend..

mshields

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I have owned my TLP for about a month and love it. For me it was the best solution for one man operation. It’s so easy and opens up a whole new area of enjoyment of the Jeep. As far as cost it did seem steep at first but when I compare it to a few factory options I purchased that cost $1000 or more it starts to feel like a good value, especially for its quality. Like M1kefries said, “buy once cry once”.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was gonna buy it but decided I needed the space. I have Jbarr hoist. I can be off by a foot and still lift off with one person. Use electric drill to raise and lower. I’ve gotten the process down to about 4 min including removing the bolts. I do have about an 18 foot ceiling in garage so that helps.

I don’t see it mentioned often is why I bring it up. Only need two bolts in ceiling into a rafter and two in wall into a beam.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
TLP owner here. I bought it mainly because I wanted to be able to take the top off myself. I have the soft top too. So the HT says on the TLP. Super easy to use, very stable once you add the support bars on the JLUR. I would highly recommend, especially if you dont have the room or are taking the top off by yourself. It is expensive however I spoke to the owner and honestly believe him when he says his margins arnt that high. It is over engineered. Plus if you get it and dont like it im guessing you will get top dollar when selling. It wont depreciate much past 20-30 percent is my guess.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking at getting one. Instead I’m trying the scaffolding option that another user on here posted first. $200 vs $1000.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I've got one and it is worth every penny! Ironically, now that I just got a Gladiator, putting my Top Lift Pro on the Market!

Top Lift Pro.jpg

Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
You'll love it! Takes a minute to build it, but 100% worth it! Trust me, I looked for someone local before ordering mine, but no one getting rid of theirs...I am only selling because it won't work on the Gladiator....pic for reference...
See you are in Fayettnam, I just purchased one last week and could have taken it off your hands.
Alien 14.jpg

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I've had my LTP for about a year and used it half a dozen times. It's a great one person solution for my JLUR as I bought it with two tops. There's no real downside, it's bulky but so is the hard top. It actually gives me some place to store the top and fits in my garage bay with my Wrangler. Without a garage I'm not sure where I would keep it, I guess that's the only potential issue, but the same could be said for the hard top itself.

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Another addition to the TLP story.... I’m in Corolla NC for topless day and spending the weekend down here. I didn’t want to take the top off before leaving VA because they were forecasting rain overnight and I don’t have a cab cover yet.

We just broke the TLP down into two pieces by pulling the pins and separating the base from the lifting mechanism. Slides right in the back of the Jeep and viola we hit the road! Got to the place we were staying, pulled it out and put it back together. Pulled the top in the driveway yesterday morning after the rain and enjoyed topless day on the beach!

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
I have one ordered. Expensive, but looked like the best option for me. Looking forward to trying it out.
Sponsored