Sponsored

JL Rubicon on Method Wheels...let's see em!

veld

First Name
Lebreton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Already posted up in other threads; but, I’m running bronze mr312 17x9 4.53” backspacing, teraflex hd carrier, cooper stt pro 315/70 at 32 psi. Sting gray rubicon (mentioned for other members using the search function ).

Offhand before mounted the method wheel quality control with paint and finish definitely are NOT the caliber of fuel wheels (which I typically bought for my other cars). Definitely feels like a rushed Chinese manufacturer. AND I bought from 3 different retailers. One rim from amazon for $119 (not kidding it was new too), one from Northridge, and 3 from jcwhitney... I did this Bc I’d be best prices with promotions. Paint on the hub mating surface looked like the wheels were mounted but that’s probably from the machine that held the wheel to paint.

There were a few small paint high points and heaped areas. However after I got these mounted I didn’t care anymore. I expect them to get beat up and will buy different rims in a few years.

Overall I’m happy with my wheels.

if I understand correctly, do you think that the finish of the Method is not very good? other people have the same return? In Europe the methods are considered as high quality wheels like AEV or Mopar, not the same in USA ?
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
If I had to compare to fuel or XD, I think they do a better job with painting in regards to quality control. Is it a deal breaker? No... I kept my wheels and love them after mounted.

veld

First Name
Lebreton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If I had to compare to fuel or XD, I think they do a better job with painting in regards to quality control. Is it a deal breaker? No... I kept my wheels and love them after mounted.
Ok thanks for your answer.

rubidriva

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Method 105 beadlocks 17" wheel, I believe 12.5" wide with General Grabber X3 37" tires and the Metalcloak Gamechanger 2.5" lift
Here it is in action

IMG_20190309_142608.jpg

IMG_20190309_142700.jpg
So niiice. Do you switch out he gold bolts that come with the methods for silver??

MoquitoVerde

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
So niiice. Do you switch out he gold bolts that come with the methods for silver??
Nope, I used the ones that came with it.
They dont stand out and look really good on the wheels.

Sponsored

Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Running RockKrawler short arm kit w Rebel’s Recon CoilOver setup. Method 105 BL on Nitto RG. Zero complaints on the RidgeGrapp tires. Here’s an updated pic..

007E48BB-8719-45F8-B223-0A2E03A8AB29.jpeg
Are those nemesis fenders?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman