Sponsored

What do you use to take your Jeep hard top off

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Looks like Ill be able to modify the Lange Power HoistHoist, they claim that do to rear spoiler o that the resr hooks won't work. I think I'll have to make some different hooks that will accommodate the new rear spoiler .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sloxkhart98

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Don't mind Spelling im still having troubles typingin his forum
No worries, I am typing challenged in general. Just glad the auto correct hasn’t got me here yet. I’ve written some pretty interesting emails lately. One was so funny, my boss printed like 40 copies, highlighted my uhmmm, mistake and hung them all around the office :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Last edited:

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
No worries, I am typing challenged in general. Just glad the auto correct hasn’t got me here yet. I’ve written some pretty interesting emails lately. One was so funny, my boss printed like 40 copies, highlighted my uhmmm, mistake and hung them all around the office :)
Now you got us interested and we want to see ! :)

OP
OP
Sloxkhart98

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Now you got us interested and we want to see ! :)
We had a customer issue and I needed to bring in my boss. Basically...

Hey, I hated to suck you in this issue.......

But the sent email left off the “in this issue”

Nice email to send your boss :like:

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I still have the Lange from my JK installed hoping it will work for the JL. I noticed the gap between the rear glass and top when open is smaller on the JL. If it doesn’t work I’ll just update the frame with a JL specific one. The hoist will work on anything.

D4B71475-4C3F-42D1-BB2E-F7B3F08F2D34.jpeg

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Same as I posted in the other thread, I would just use 4 heavy duty hooks screwed into the wood of the ceiling. I purchased those from Home depot for a few dollars a piece and are rated at 75lbs each. Then run ratcheting straps from the rear doors to the opening of the glass to each hook. Once its pulled tight, start ratcheting up. Super easy and not expensive at all. Has worked for years for me and my brother.
here is a picture I pulled from google that is just how I did mine.

3355309698_d2349c8896_b-1.jpg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Home made jeep hoist. All it takes is a boat winch and some straps I just back in unbolt it run the straps through the hard top crank it up and lock it into place. Then swing a 4x6 ply wood hanging shelf under it, hook up the chains on the shelf and lower the top on to it. works great stores the 2 pieces of the front part on it as well. cost me less Than $75 to build. easy. there are a ton of example on other site.. I hungthe shelf high enough so I can pull into the garage and park with the hood under the shelf.
Sponsored