Sponsored

Mopar 82215128 Rubicon Style Rocker Guards - Work With Splash Guards ?

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
I'm getting conflicting opinions as to weather the Mopar 82215128 rubicon style rocker guards will work with the Mopar front splash guards installed. My JL is a 2019 2-door.

Why would they not ?

Anyone know for certain.

Thanks
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the rocker guards will make the splash guards not fit. You'd probably be better off going with the RokBlokz (https://rokblokz.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-2018-mud-flaps) or something similar.
Agreed with @robaw ... the Rubicon rock rails extend too far forward for Mopar (and most other aftermarket) splash guards to work. The rokblokz have a cutout for the rail to extend through. As far as I know it's the only game in town for front splash guards with Rubi rails.

IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlokz -- What they said -- no one else makes flaps that will work on Rubicons rock guards

OP
OP
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
Well poo. I would have thought that the Mopar parts would play well together.

I already have the Mopar splash guards installed.

The Wrangler came with the optional Mopar black tube steps already installed and these work with the splash guards. However I was hoping to install the Rubi style rails as I don't need the tube steps.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Well poo. I would have thought that the Mopar parts would play well together.

I already have the Mopar splash guards installed.

The Wrangler came with the optional Mopar black tube steps already installed and these work with the splash guards. However I was hoping to install the Rubi style rails as I don't need the tube steps.
Ouch. I suppose if you were so inclined you could cut notches in the Mopar ones. If done carefully it might not be too bad.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. I suppose if you were so inclined you could cut notches in the Mopar ones. If done carefully it might not be too bad.
I wonder if you could trim the sliders so they don't extend as far forward? Of course you compromise the protection but maybe it could work. Maybe.

wilsoncraft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
IMG_1216.JPEG
IMG_1217.JPEG
IMG_1218.JPEG
IMG_1219.JPEG
IMG_1214.JPEG
IMG_1220.JPEG
IMG_1215.JPEG
The RokBlokz are pretty nice. Put the XL front and back flaps on. Notice they have black screw heads now.
I order mine without the cutout for the Rubicon rock rails as I'm going to put on the DV8 Slider Steps.

I'll be living off a dirt road soon and have found good flaps to be a necessity. Also, the space between the rock rails and the rockers hold little rocks that are kicked up in the mud just like the fenders (already installed Trim-Lok seals between fenders and body).

These flaps help out a lot and can be quickly removed if needed. The Slider Steps should help out more later.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I'm getting conflicting opinions as to weather the Mopar 82215128 rubicon style rocker guards will work with the Mopar front splash guards installed. My JL is a 2019 2-door.

Why would they not ?

Anyone know for certain.

Thanks
The Mopar site, allmoparparts.com state the molded mud guards will not work with the Rock Rails. I love mud flaps. I think they complete the look of a vehicle.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215332ab.html

F8ED661A-F6B7-46C4-86BA-5DDFB47C46AF.png

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
IMG_1216.JPEG
IMG_1217.JPEG
IMG_1218.JPEG
IMG_1219.JPEG
IMG_1214.JPEG
IMG_1220.JPEG
IMG_1215.JPEG
The RokBlokz are pretty nice. Put the XL front and back flaps on. Notice they have black screw heads now.
I order mine without the cutout for the Rubicon rock rails as I'm going to put on the DV8 Slider Steps.

I'll be living off a dirt road soon and have found good flaps to be a necessity. Also, the space between the rock rails and the rockers hold little rocks that are kicked up in the mud just like the fenders (already installed Trim-Lok seals between fenders and body).

These flaps help out a lot and can be quickly removed if needed. The Slider Steps should help out more later.
I have never heard of Trim-Lok seals. Information and a link would e great. Thanks.

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
I wonder if you could trim the sliders so they don't extend as far forward? Of course you compromise the protection but maybe it could work. Maybe.
I read on another thread someone did trim the rails.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
I got the idea from this video
Oh, that is similar to the bead rubber trim piece that was used on the classic Beetle fenders. I had planned on doing something for the fenders my TJ Sport & JLU Sahara. Thanks for the share.

Last edited: