Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
*yesterday* I threw the freedom panels on while loading up the Jeep to head back home from vacation. I got distracted and when I finished loading and got in the Jeep I forgot to lock the panels in. I launched them on A-1-A. Luckily, nobody was behind me. They went back on even with plenty of road rash and the end of the channels are mangled. However, I have found the right one leaks when I park facing downhill. I can't see spending $400+ for new panels, so I guess it is time to get a Bestop Sunrider.
So sorry to hear about that. That was always a fear with my JK and will be with my JL. The Bestop definitely seems a good option.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
8EE4884C-6867-4628-A806-5FADC0B9094C.jpeg
CF49198E-0D4C-4EBD-AF5A-4797C006285E.jpeg
62FE3CF5-13FC-4E29-B8D3-620423BAB4E0.jpeg
29146BD3-9B82-4E79-9555-725C2FE4C875.jpeg
Headed out to coral canyon with some buddy’s and wives on mother’s day.

Tested out the new RK spring setup.

Tested the flex didn’t max it out on this rock and found some mud in our very unlike Southern California spring weather.

Last edited:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
*yesterday* I threw the freedom panels on while loading up the Jeep to head back home from vacation. I got distracted and when I finished loading and got in the Jeep I forgot to lock the panels in. I launched them on A-1-A. Luckily, nobody was behind me. They went back on even with plenty of road rash and the end of the channels are mangled. However, I have found the right one leaks when I park facing downhill. I can't see spending $400+ for new panels, so I guess it is time to get a Bestop Sunrider.

Sorry that happened, but thanks for posting. That is absolutely something I could see myself doing.
Note to self: NEVER put panels in place without locking them down immediately.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Looking good dude! What’s your take on the springs ? What is part number for them, and size ? I’m slowly converting everything to rk, springs and end links are the last pieces.
I have the full xfactor kit I originally bought 2.5 as it was all that was out,

I added the JL 3.5 front spring, 4.5 rear and adjustable rear track bar. Currently I am running the falcon 2.1 for 2.5-3.5 lift, with 2” spacers waiting for the fox 2.5 with reservoirs built for 4.5+ lift to match the RK length Specs. RK told me fix mates up better with their spring profile.

I like the triple spring profile, nice and smooth, but I have lot of weight. Tools to wheel solo, arb, lod steel bumper, Beadlock with 37’s, big dog, daughter. So I opted for the 4.5 rear. It’s perfect fully loaded, non loaded it’s close the factory rake. That pick is with a near empty ARB, full tank of fuel, all the gear and no passengers.

The RK arms and track bars to me are key differences from their competitors, they add the relocation bracket at the rear, the arms are beefy as hell. Downside they need lubed and they take more room than most. (More offset, less back spacing)

If you want full droop with RK I recommend drilling out the top part of the lower control bracket like their instructions or it will likely bind there, at least mine would have.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I don’t know. It’s been there for a while it looks like. I walked down to check it out and it’s in pretty bad shape. There was a blind turn right before it so I’m guessing he was going way too fast.

Might oughta report that vehicle to the Sheriff. Could well be stolen. Joyriders. A friend in Colorado had his Jeep stolen, and when they were through playing with it, they ran it into the Gunnison River. Total loss.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Looking good dude! What’s your take on the springs ? What is part number for them, and size ? I’m slowly converting everything to rk, springs and end links are the last pieces.

I would be curious how these work with the rubi, I usually manually disconnect as I hate the sway bar reconnecting, if I don’t disconnect manually, I disconnect and kill it with the tazer.

http://rockkrawler.com/jl-rubicon-no-limits-sway-bar-links/

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the full xfactor kit I originally bought 2.5 as it was all that was out,

I added the JL 3.5 front spring, 4.5 rear and adjustable rear track bar. Currently I am running the falcon 2.1 for 2.5-3.5 lift, with 2” spacers waiting for the fox 2.5 with reservoirs built for 4.5+ lift to match the RK length Specs. RK told me fix mates up better with their spring profile.

I like the triple spring profile, nice and smooth, but I have lot of weight. Tools to wheel solo, arb, lod steel bumper, Beadlock with 37’s, big dog, daughter. So I opted for the 4.5 rear. It’s perfect fully loaded, non loaded it’s close the factory rake. That pick is with a near empty ARB, full tank of fuel, all the gear and no passengers.

The RK arms and track bars to me are key differences from their competitors, they add the relocation bracket at the rear, the arms are beefy as hell. Downside they need lubed and they take more room than most. (More offset, less back spacing)

If you want full droop with RK I recommend drilling out the top part of the lower control bracket like their instructions or it will likely bind there, at least mine would have.
Copy that... I have all eight rk xfactor arms and track bars I know exactly what you’re saying. I put on a 90 degree grease fitting as per @ChattVol suggestion, on lcas for now until I cut out the bracket. Right now I think my fox shocks I’m running don’t let it hit there. They’re for 2” lift even though Mopar springs gave me 3.5”....:facepalm:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Copy that... I have all eight rk xfactor arms and track bars I know exactly what you’re saying. I put on a 90 degree grease fitting as per @ChattVol suggestion, on lcas for now until I cut out the bracket. Right now I think my fox shocks I’m running don’t let it hit there. They’re for 2” lift even though Mopar springs gave me 3.5”....:facepalm:
I'm actually looking to get away from the RK LCA's...dont like the annoyance of greasing the awkward located fittings or having less room for tire clearance. My wheels are +10 offset and 37s will prob rub the LCA's.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I'm actually looking to get away from the RK LCA's...dont like the annoyance of greasing the awkward located fittings or having less room for tire clearance. My wheels are +10 offset and 37s will prob rub the LCA's.
I had to swap a good portion of the fittings for 90 or 45, when I took mine apart either I forgot to grease the upper rear or they don’t move as much, they were pretty stuck used fluid film to loosen em up.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I had to swap a good portion of the fittings for 90 or 45, when I took mine apart either I forgot to grease the upper rear or they don’t move as much, they were pretty stuck used fluid film to loosen em up.
Moving forward, I'm going to avoid buying parts with greasable joints where possible. The RK fittings are tough to access and I've had fittings get stuck in 2 grease guns and saw 2 different mechanics break 1 with their grease guns. It seems having to fool with greasing is becoming antiquated and that's why many companies are moving away from greaseable joints. I love the Metalcloak arms...they absorb vibrations and dont require greasing. At this point, I dont care if they flex a few degrees less. I've waited almost 4 months to grease joints and am not looking forward to doing it soon. I bought a flexible hose to grease and hope it helps with access on the fittings and doesn't get stuck and they break.:computerrage:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like something I would do...

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Had a little fun shooting the Milky Way with glow sticks and a flashlight :jk:

RMojito Milkyway Light.jpg

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase