WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
Mine will be here tomorrow. So will let you know
thx just thinking that it might be brighter than the 8k lumens and where I drive missing animals is more of a concern than oncoming traffic

Sponsored

FERGOTTI

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2016 F150
We have them in our 18 JLU and they are plug and play. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Worth the $40 all day

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice, when you get a chance can you shoot me a pick of the night shots I think that is the way I am going, $40 bucks is cheap

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sting Grey
you dont have to take off the grill. remove the airbox and feel for the light. the other side you could reach into where the light is. Seen a few videos on youtube that shows how to do it. I was thinking the beamtech also would love to see the cut off and whether we have to adjust the headlight.... night pics please

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
That may only work on the v6. Turbo models have an extra fluid reservoir right behind the driver's side headlight. Looks like it may be removable. Has anyone tried this? I would love it if it works since I would have to remove my winch to remove the grille.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
That may only work on the v6. Turbo models have an extra fluid reservoir right behind the driver's side headlight. Looks like it may be removable. Has anyone tried this? I would love it if it works since I would have to remove my winch to remove the grille.
Looks like a lot of stuff behind the driver side headlight (2.0L) to get past or move around. Much easier to remove the grille.

ROMEO JL

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL UNLIMITED
How close is the heat sink to the cap? The reason I ask the 8000 lum is 2.4 inches long and the 10,00 lum is 3.2 inches long with an aluminum
heat sink.

upload_2019-5-12_21-52-34.png

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed my Beamtech bulbs, and wanted to provide some real feed back.

Cut off is sharp line, bulbs were ordered off Amazon, I went with the 10k lumen H13. TO install I removed the grill, was not a problem and easy to do, I then removed the headlights, dust cover and replaced bulbs and reattached everything including removing the passenger headlight a second time and putting the dust cover back on all in under 45 min. Any one could do this without a problem.

Secondly I had to wait a couple of nights and couldn't wait to finally try it out. Took it out for a side by side comparison with my wife JLUR next to mine and the difference was impressive. Took her for a test drive to show off how well they worked and blinded every driver for a half mile, came back home and adjusted the headlights and after several test drives with her original bulbs and jeep and mine comparing the same cut off against a garage got my bulbs adjusted and was able to drive around and not get flashed at all.

My synopsis is once adjusted properly is the following

Much whiter and brighter light, on low beams I think they are definitely brighter and can see as well with a nice cut off that does not seem to blind on coming drivers.

High beam, no comparison to the original halogen bulb and can really light up the road and see animals well in advance or other hazards.

Installation is a snap, and easy to do, Adjusting the headlight is easy to do but if not done can seriously blind oncoming drivers. I have found a cut off of just over 36 inches seems to be the correct height, this is also with a side by side comparison with my wife stock halogen bulbs.

Cost of 40$ is cheap and I more than feel I have gotten my moneys worth, Durability to soon to tell.

Complications, none, direct plug and play, no flicker or radio interference. The LED bulbs do run cooler and the lens cover does not warm up as it does with my wife halogen so winter driving may be more complicated with snow build.

Would recommend them at present time for anyone like me who has standard halogen bulbs and not wanting to drop 500 plus for LED headlight. I will update this review with any issues that I have, if I have time will try to post some photos and maybe video of the difference. I am blessed to have comparison jeeps parked next to each other.

Sorry for the wordy review but hope it helps.

later

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It was pretty tight to get behind the driver side light. i was able to remove my grill with my winch installed. If you pull both outside edges of the grill loose the center portion only needs to come out about 1/2 to 3/4 inch and then you can fully remove it. if you still don't have enough room for that you could just have someone hold the grill back so you can access the headlight bolts and change the bulb with the headlight removed.
Sponsored