Mopar Rock Rails

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m looking at different rock rail options. One option is the MOPAR premium rails. I’ve not seen them in person, but in looking at online pictures they appear to extend into the front and rear wheels wells. Anyone using these and have any issues with tire clearance for larger tires? I know the some people had to shorten their stock JK rail to fit larger tires, and wondering if this is the same.

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...or_2018_Jeep_Wrangler_Unlimited_JL_4_Door.jpg
Sponsored

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
I’ve got them on my jeep (Moab take offs). I’ve been really happy with them.

Here’s some pictures that might help with the tire clearance questions. I don’t think you would have any issues there since they end right before the fender hits the wheel well

I can get more pictures tomorrow if you want.
B97B9A37-5B2E-4E28-A637-4686A57709E7.jpeg

8BDA8826-2FC6-4432-B18E-6C7C31AF91FC.jpeg

OP
OP
LBK454

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks, that helps a lot. The Q-Tec picture makes them look like they are almost touching the tires.

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Few closer pictures

159098AF-C85E-4B17-8A7F-CAE9308ABAD1.jpeg

9B701F61-153C-4A09-A0EA-7F6A17B9BDB4.jpeg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
How well do these function as a step?

Any issues with a foot slipping off when wet?

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
How well do these function as a step?

Any issues with a foot slipping off when wet?
Wifey likes 'em on our rig. As to how they work being wet, I can't say as of yet. We don't much of that around here. :)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Wifey likes 'em on our rig. As to how they work being wet, I can't say as of yet. We don't much of that around here. :)
Thank you for this. My wife is 5’1” ...... she has already told me that she will need a step. So, I am hunting around for mods for a Jeep I don’t even own yet!

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I like the rails a lot - I have them on my Sport S - but I don’t think they work very well as a step. They are more for protection and to hide the pinch seam.

I step right over them and so does my wife who is 5’4”. If you can find a Moab on a lot somewhere I’d recommend looking at them in person.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Thank you for this. My wife is 5’1” ...... she has already told me that she will need a step. So, I am hunting around for mods for a Jeep I don’t even own yet!
My Sweetie is around 5'7", (and that varies if she's mad or not). :) I think there are are steps you can add to 'em To be honest, I haven't hunted for them. She's happy with the rig the way it is, (which makes me happy). :) It's her daily driver.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I like the rails a lot - I have them on my Sport S - but I don’t think they work very well as a step. They are more for protection and to hide the pinch seam.

I step right over them and so does my wife who is 5’4”. If you can find a Moab on a lot somewhere I’d recommend looking at them in person.
My Sweetie is around 5'7", (and that varies if she's mad or not). :) I think there are are steps you can add to 'em To be honest, I haven't hunted for them. She's happy with the rig the way it is, (which makes me happy). :) It's her daily driver.
Next time you folks are standing by your Jeep with a tape measure, could you tell me how wide that they are? The LODs are about 4”..... if these are about the same, I might just go with these.....

Sponsored

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I’m looking at different rock rail options. One option is the MOPAR premium rails. I’ve not seen them in person, but in looking at online pictures they appear to extend into the front and rear wheels wells. Anyone using these and have any issues with tire clearance for larger tires? I know the some people had to shorten their stock JK rail to fit larger tires, and wondering if this is the same.

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...or_2018_Jeep_Wrangler_Unlimited_JL_4_Door.jpg
I have the Mopar Performance Rock Rails on my 4-door Rubicon with 37" tires. There is plenty of room and no chance the tires are going to impact the rail. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow when it's not dark.

Next time you folks are standing by your Jeep with a tape measure, could you tell me how wide that they are? The LODs are about 4”..... if these are about the same, I might just go with these.....
They stick out 2.5" which has been fine for my family. You can't get your whole foot on it, but it's enough to lift yourself into the Jeep. They have a really nice rough finish, so I doubt there will be much slipping when wet.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Which mud flaps did you get to work with these? Great looking ride!

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Which mud flaps did you get to work with these? Great looking ride!
The mud flaps are RokBlokz. They come with a cutout for the standard rock rails. I just trimmed out a little more with a Dremel tool to make them fit the Mopar Performance Rock Rails. It worked out great.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The mud flaps are RokBlokz. They come with a cutout for the standard rock rails. I just trimmed out a little more with a Dremel tool to make them fit the Mopar Performance Rock Rails. It worked out great.
Thanks! And yes they worked out awesome. Nice job. Will be stealing your idea! Did you do rears? Couldn’t tell from the pictures. Appreciate the quick reply. Stay safe.
Sponsored