Sponsored

New JL is a POS

Ghuzz

Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
silence before the storm...:lipssealed:

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Aaron, you list your occupation, what kind of mechanic are you?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
While I do believe in lemons but I do notice that it does appear some people are way more likely to break something than others, it’s like they got a heavy hand or lack of pressure sensitivity or something, or just simply lack of care for all things. I have a friend who always complains things are built cheaply and breaks easily- even high quality things, until I start to pay attention to how he handles them, then it all makes sense. I for one, has almost never broke anything in my life, I also don’t exert excessive force than what is minimally needed for any task, so that might be a good place to start. I might get a lot of flak saying that the fault mainly reside in the user, however I do believe that if you are someone who has a history of getting “lemons” it may be a good time to start looking into your own user habits.

P.S. there is no reason one should be breaking the glovebox and air vents(huh??) —especially at 3k miles, if these are broken it may be a sign of improper use or physical abuse.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
I don't want your POS. Your advertising needs some work. What could possibly be a good deal on a POS?

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Many of the items the OP talked about are simple fix’s and common problems with the Jeep JL. They don’t make it a lemon.

Last edited:

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
P.S. there is no reason one should be breaking the glovebox and air vents(huh??) —especially at 3k miles, if these are broken it may be a good sign of improper use or physical abuse.
There is a reason that many glove boxes were breaking. Jeep neglected to include a proper retaining clip on the hinge pin. The tiny piece of knurling on the shaft is inadequate for the plastic that it is in. There is a thread dedicated the pin sliding out and springs dislodging with the handle failing. Mine failed the second day of ownership. If I opened it 10 times in the 2 days it would be a lot. From what I have seen, Jeeps fix is a block of foam between the pin and the handle housing.

Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
How about we all stop making excuses for FCA that oh of course there is going to be a few lemons the first couple years and all that. Its all of us, me included who continue to pay top dollar for extremely sub par quality and patronize this brand for junk. Its a travesty what kind of issues and poor quality this manufacturer has put out this past 18 months. So lets all at least call it what it is instead of making excuses.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
How about we all stop making excuses for FCA that oh of course there is going to be a few lemons the first couple years and all that. Its all of us, me included who continue to pay top dollar for extremely sub par quality and patronize this brand for junk. Its a travesty what kind of issues and poor quality this manufacturer has put out this past 18 months. So lets all at least call it what it is instead of making excuses.
Mines fine...and tens of thousands of others are as well. Always going to be a few lemons that get out with any vehicle. You just don't hear about the good ones. Have the dealer take care of it and stop crying. Or sell it and get something "better".

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Mines fine...and tens of thousands of others are as well. Always going to be a few lemons that get out with any vehicle. You just don't hear about the good ones. Have the dealer take care of it and stop crying. Or sell it and get something "better".
True that!!

Another seat stuck full forward position! This is 6th documented JL with that issue here.

I would not call 6 an issue....
Sponsored