Sponsored

What do you use to take your Jeep hard top off

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to use my wife to remove the hard top but it appears now that a TLP is likely in my future :facepalm: as i have no more room on the ceiling.

I tried the Harken Hoist and had my wife help, but it didn’t work out. I didn’t want go through that every time. I have the Top lLift Pro now and it couldn’t be easier. Even easier if I pull forward into the garage
:like:

A212B9A7-D2F3-4083-892E-17D762988620.jpeg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
TLP still makes it easier to actually take it off (I can easily do it myself) and I can then lift the top up so I can park under it, but that's definitely more cost effective!!
it's a relative bargain, yeah! looks really sturdy too. I get a little nervous with my hard top sitting there on the topliftpro, just doesn't feel sturdy to me.

BTW, I do think you could take it off yourself with this - just get in the back of the jeep and lift the hard top (with your back) up about an inch, then walk it off the jeep and onto the rack.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
it's a relative bargain, yeah! looks really sturdy too. I get a little nervous with my hard top sitting there on the topliftpro, just doesn't feel sturdy to me.

BTW, I do think you could take it off yourself with this - just get in the back of the jeep and lift the hard top (with your back) up about an inch, then walk it off the jeep and onto the rack.
+1 on the questionable sturdiness of the TLP :like:

I don't worry too much about it since I've had my top on it for about 6 weeks now and haven't touched it, but I know what you mean!

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

My TLP isn’t that sturdy (maybe I built it wrong) I am a little nervous while it’s sitting there on top of my father JK. I guess as long as no one touches it will be fine.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Racor lift and Topsy connectors. I time myself removing the hard top and from start to finish (unscrewing and disconnecting to driving off)- 8 minutes. And that’s the careful version.

BB596661-8CFD-4872-9A34-37FAE42F2F34.jpeg

A801DB84-1C85-4983-BB76-F36EDC56FBA9.jpeg

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
My TLP isn’t that sturdy (maybe I built it wrong) I am a little nervous while it’s sitting there on top of my father JK. I guess as long as no one touches it will be fine.
Huh? Unless you built the TLP incorrectly it’s very sturdy. I wouldn’t store the JLUR top on it without the support polls but it ain’t tipping over even if bumped. The only down side I see is it’s cost.

It’s flexibility, ease of use and ability to park under it sold me. Very good product.

Deleted member 29342

Huh? Unless you built the TLP incorrectly it’s very sturdy. I wouldn’t store the JLUR top on it without the support polls but it ain’t tipping over even if bumped. The only down side I see is it’s cost.

It’s flexibility, ease of use and ability to park under it sold me. Very good product.
I have the support polls I just feel when I touch it it’s wobbly. I definitely won’t roll it down the block.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

It does wobble but I don’t get the feeling at all like it’s going to tip over.
I don’t think it will tip. I try to tip it ( not the smart thing to do) and it was pretty solid but damn I got nervous when I rolled it to the back of my farther garage

mshields

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I’ve had my Top Lift Pro for only a couple of weeks but have already used it to remove/install the top 4 or 5 times. On my first use I didn’t roll the TLP all the way against the bumper before lifting and the top did seem a little unstable while rolling into garage. Since then I position the unit right up against the bumper and lift. Very stable. Couldn’t be happier. Extremely well designed and quality manufacturing. It may be pricier than other methods but for the easy one-man operation and stability it was worth it to me.

Deleted member 29342

I’ve had my Top Lift Pro for only a couple of weeks but have already used it to remove/install the top 4 or 5 times. On my first use I didn’t roll the TLP all the way against the bumper before lifting and the top did seem a little unstable while rolling into garage. Since then I position the unit right up against the bumper and lift. Very stable. Couldn’t be happier. Extremely well designed and quality manufacturing. It may be pricier than other methods but for the easy one-man operation and stability it was worth it to me.
Yes the design and idea is amazing one person to do the whole job is great. I have only use it once I pop the top off and drop in the soft top I have rolled maybe 5 feet.

Deleted member 29342

Went to pay a visit to my top today. It’s looking good

6389DC3D-CFE2-4013-BBF8-3CC399B7FA03.jpeg

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Went to pay a visit to my top today. It’s looking good

6389DC3D-CFE2-4013-BBF8-3CC399B7FA03.jpeg
Ah....I see where your significant other hangs your scrotum, too. LOL...
Just joking, but WTH is that hanging below the hard top window? looks like you man bag....
Sponsored